Game Day 2019 AFL Grand Final Discussion: Richmond vs GWS

Who wins?

• Richmond

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • GWS

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

im just bitter mate. we were at that point where we should have carried on with it but cotchin bounced back from failure and has won two flags.

with his stupid bouffant hair.

i dunno i find this richmond outfit suspect re: PEDs the way they never tire. but probably just sour grapes.
Yep they are comments of a bitter man.

Deadset, fu** Richmond. I mean that in the nicest possible way because they have done two things today that have broken me.

1. Shown just how far off it we really are.
2. Given more ammunition to the happy clappers that point to Richmond as a beacon of light as to why we need to stick with Hinkley.

This is the most down I’ve been after a GF ever and I’m including 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those happy clappers are *ed and have a short memory. Richmond were making finals every year before 2016..... Kens done nothing. Not even top 4 when it looked like it numerous times

Can we poach whoever is incharge of the tigers indigenous player management.

Stack - wasnt picked up in the main draft and was rookied because supposedly had attitude/flight risk problems.Tigers back him to live with hardwick and plays a pivotal role in their premiership charge.

Pickett - went to the slammer picked up in the mid season draft with a broken elbow and we had the balls to pick up cam ******* sutcliffe. lives with dusty and plays an amazing debut game and final

led by shane edwards while we p**s off the most senior indigenous player on our list ryder

Is it possible there's another reason?

Remember how hell for leather Richmond went defending Dusty in the chopsticks incident?

Maybe they give their players a bit of a longer leash. Maybe they back them. Maybe they aren't as concerned about making the community proud through methods outside of being good at football.

That settles the debate on who is the best player in the comp out of Martin, Fyfe & Dangerfield. Martin is so far ahead of the other two it isn't funny now. His finals record is outstanding.

If only we had a player of that make up on our list.
Mate it's like the Poms saying, "If only we had somebody as good as Steve Smith." Players of that calibre are a rare breed.

Remember how hell for leather Richmond went defending Dusty in the chopsticks incident?

Maybe they give their players a bit of a longer leash. Maybe they back them. Maybe they aren't as concerned about making the community proud through methods outside of being good at football.
Our club has been used for the self interests of certain people and their desire to focus on community programs.
Anyway, what do they even mean by, making our community proud? Exactly which community are we making proud. The Adelaide community isn’t proud of us, most of them hate us.

I remember Kochie saying that his wife only agreed to him becoming our President if we push the community program agenda.
Why the hell should she have any input in the direction of our club?
I am all for altruism but we are not an NGO , we have been railroaded and run off onto an entirely different track to existing to win Premierships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our club has been used for the self interests of certain people and their desire to focus on community programs.
Anyway, what do they even mean by, making our community proud? Exactly which community are we making proud. The Adelaide community isn’t proud of us, most of them hate us.

I remember Kochie saying that his wife only agreed to him becoming our President if we push the community program agenda.
Why the hell should she have any input in the direction of our club?
I am all for altruism but we are not an NGO , we have been railroaded and run off onto an entirely different track to existing to win Premierships.
She told Koch to take it because he wanted to do it for his dad. From an SA Weekend magazine long story in August 2013 - which I still have, and was flicking thru it 3 or 4 weeks ago when I was sorting stuff out I have in storage;

Rebuilding Port will take longer but Koch is doing it for the same reasons – to honour his father. As we bounce along the Sydney streets, returning to the Seven studios from his Pinstripe Media office in Milsons Point, he explains the moment he told his wife Libby he was thinking of taking the Port job. He told her all sorts of reasons why he could do the job until she hit on the most important one. “She said ‘you are doing this for your father because he would have wanted you to do it’,” he says.

His wife Libby loves the community stuff, that's something she can personally commit to and understands. She didn't grow with footy like Koch did. Dont blame her for Koch's, the board's, KT's, Ken's and others' heck ups.

25 pts is GWS' lowest score in their AFL history. A GF on a beautiful day is a crap time to do it. I knew the score in Canberra in the snow was their lowest but didn't realize this was lower.

Lowest Scores
29​
Greater Western Sydney
2.1 4.1 4.2 4.5​
29​
Hawthorn
3.1 6.2 10.5 13.7​
85​
31​
Greater Western Sydney
1.2 2.4 3.5 4.7​
31​
Hawthorn
5.6 11.11 20.20 28.25​
193​

thats an unbelievable stat, considering how many absolute hammerings they used to get back in the early days

im halfway there with ya on those comments but i dunno..

thats an unbelievable stat, considering how many absolute hammerings they used to get back in the early days
Yeah that's why I had to check when I caught part of what one of the 7 guys said. I thought surely they have kicked a bigger score than in those 2012 or 2013 hammerings. I just couldn't remember what they scored in Canberra a month ago.

They made a big break thru to win in front of 78,000 last week. This is going to leave some big mental scars.

She told Koch to take it because he wanted to do it for his dad. From an SA Weekend magazine long story in August 2013 - which I still have, and was flicking thru it 3 or 4 weeks ago when I was sorting stuff out I have in storage;

Rebuilding Port will take longer but Koch is doing it for the same reasons – to honour his father. As we bounce along the Sydney streets, returning to the Seven studios from his Pinstripe Media office in Milsons Point, he explains the moment he told his wife Libby he was thinking of taking the Port job. He told her all sorts of reasons why he could do the job until she hit on the most important one. “She said ‘you are doing this for your father because he would have wanted you to do it’,” he says.

His wife Libby loves the community stuff, that's something she can personally commit to and understands. She didn't grow with footy like Koch did. Dont blame her for Koch's, the board's, KT's, Ken's and others' fu** ups.
I remember clearly in an interview Koch stating that Libby asked for his assurance that they would do the community stuff and him saying that is why she agreed to him taking the position. The meaning was very clear.
I blame everyone, including her, so pissed off an I at the mess our club is in. We have totally lost our way. I held and held on to hope but now I have joined the totally disillusioned masses.

Imagine if we played your 2007 team today

source.gif

Back