Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

He wants to be mentored by Eddie Betts. It was a huge factor in his decision. Do you have Eddie or do we? Plus we got his brotherboy Sammo and Cripps has already got into his ear. Youre coming from a long way back and you think his former captain is gonna sway his decision? Good luck.
He is more than just a former captain to him.

So lets get this straight

he enters the PSD without nominating a price then gets drafted and has to negotiate a price and if not agreed then goes to arbitration ?
So what happens if that doesnt work out who does he play for ? and how can there be a restraint of trade when he knowingly enters the draft with full knowledge of the rules.

Makes no sense at all nominating for the draft with no price and if he wants to get to Carlton the best way would be to put $700k on his head for 2 years then extend further later on.
I think after getting AFL assitant, is fair for him to go PSD, no point for us arguing. GCS not going to use their future second why waste their pick , but if Melbourne come in then is not GCS fault.

Is it a 2 year deal though? I thought I saw something that it needs to be a 2 year deal. If that is correct you would be happy paying $2 million dollars over 2 years for Martin?

Read again. $1.

So you’re right, with a 2 year deal it’d be $2.

He won’t go back to the Suns and it has nothing to do with money.

He wants to be mentored by Eddie Betts. It was a huge factor in his decision. Do you have Eddie or do we? Plus we got his brotherboy Sammo and Cripps has already got into his ear. Youre coming from a long way back and you think his former captain is gonna sway his decision? Good luck.

I’d rather have pick 2 in the PSD than pick 3 and this so-called “Eddie factor”.

Plenty to play out yet.

AFLPA will step in. They wont risk that heat. I dont think a club has ever redrafted a player through the PSD or ND after a contract has expired and a trade couldnt be reached. It is a farcical scenario.

In such an extreme hypothetical, my conclusion would be that after the AFLPA step in and void the selection and the AFL commission would rethink the extra draft picks. Or keep the priority picks and nuke the CEO and board from orbit.

100% wont happen.
I highly doubt they will redraft him as it would be extremely stupid to force a player you know wants out to stay but if they did want to do it there’s absolutely nothing in the rules stopping them from doing it will be interesting to see how it plays out especially with a loose cannon like Cochrane in charge

Tony Cochrane to the GC playing list

" Now listen fella's we're not going to let anyone walk over us anymore so we are going to re-draft Jack Martin"

Player X …..." aww, he doesn't want to play with us"

Cochrane......" now listen you stupid prick, btw, who are you?" Anyway, we're re-drafting him, and all of you are going to have to take significant paycuts, as we are going to pay him one Billion dollars"

Playing group........"Boo, hiss, fu** that......"

Cochrane......." Now shut the fu** up the lot of you useless pricks, we're making a stand. If you don't it like well you can all fu** off! Well, actually you can't, we're making a stand"

Player Y......... "So will he be back for pre-season training?"

Cochrane........ " Don't be fu**en stupid, he's never setting foot back in the joint, but we're MAKING A STAND!!!!!!! and paying him one Billion dollars cause the AFL is funding us"

Mark Evans....... " ah, ah, Tony, we can't actually do that, it will ruin the club"

Cochrane........ " fu** off Evans, i'm cutting your wage as well, we're making a stand!!!!"

Cochrane....... "now i'd like to welcome Rowell and Anderson to club" muted applause, wrists slashed, Rankine, Lukosius and King last seen running for the exits!!!!!

Weird fanfic

Does anyone know where Jack Martin is?

Cochrane reminds me of someone from a horror story. If Jack Martin isn't heard from for a few weeks, they should be checking in Cochrane's basement. The guy is a total maniac and I could see him going to spiteful lengths...

Jack Martin bids on a house in Melbourne
Cochrane outbids him 1 million dollars so he can't buy the house

Jack Martin books flight from Gold Coast to Melbourne
Cochrane uses his connections to shut down Gold Coast airport due to weather conditions, to prevent plane from departing

Jack Martin books an Uber from Gold Coast to Melbourne
Cochcrane is the Uber driver, looks in the back with a grin and says "you ain't going anywhere Jacky, muahahahhahaha", and drives off into the distance towards Darwin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indigenous boys, you really think he was just captain to him?

Over Eddie amd Sammo? Yeah. Just a captain.

I’d rather have pick 2 in the PSD than pick 3 and this so-called “Eddie factor”.

Plenty to play out yet.

notintoyougif.gif

I highly doubt they will redraft him as it would be extremely stupid to force a player you know wants out to stay but if they did want to do it there’s absolutely nothing in the rules stopping them from doing it will be interesting to see how it plays out especially with a loose cannon like Cochrane in charge

AFLPA will step in citing player welfare. 100% will not happen.

Gold Coast’s decision to make an example of Martin makes perfect sense in the context of their player retention issues. They are basically sending a message to the managers of their young stars and rival clubs ... “try us on and we’ll force these players to go to bottom four clubs via the PSD”.

This isn’t just coming from Cochrane but also former senior AFL exec Mark Evans who is now the CEO there. They know that any more Lynch/Prestia/Caddy type walk outs where wantaway Suns are waltzing into clubs of their choice then playing in premierships is the worst possible situation for them. They simply have to put a stop this trend as it was rapidly destroying the club.

Jack Martin isn’t at Carlton today because blokes like Tom Lynch are winning premiership medals in Melbourne. They’re not going to allow it to happen again regardless of the short term pain losing out on a few trades might cost them. And fair enough, too.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where Jack Martin is?

Cochrane reminds me of someone from a horror story. If Jack Martin isn't heard from for a few weeks, they should be checking in Cochrane's basement. The guy is a total maniac and I could see him going to spiteful lengths...

Jack Martin bids on a house in Melbourne
Cochrane outbids him 1 million dollars so he can't buy the house

Jack Martin books flight from Gold Coast to Melbourne
Cochrane uses his connections to shut down Gold Coast airport due to weather conditions, to prevent plane from departing

Jack Martin books an Uber from Gold Coast to Melbourne
Cochcrane is the Uber driver, looks in the back with a grin and says "you ain't going anywhere Jacky, muahahahhahaha", and drives off into the distance towards Darwin.
Hahaha USA pies.

notintoyougif.gif

I love AFLPA to step in. The biggers the news the better. I love this dare you game.
Dare 1, GCS win, Dare 2 GCS won't pick him at PSD pick 1, Carlton win, dare 3 Melbourne won't pick him up-?

I love AFLPA to step in. The biggers the news the better. I love this dare you game.

Great PR for the club? Headlines read "Suns hold uncontracted player hostage while AFLPA negotiate for safe release". That wont piss off the AFL commission at all. Either your picks go or your CEO and board. Would be disastrous for your club.

Great PR for the club? Headlines read "Suns hold uncontracted player hostage while AFLPA negotiate for safe release". That wont piss off the AFL commission at all. Either your picks go or your CEO and board. Would be disastrous for your club.
You already said it many times during trade week, need something new., not going to work. Is not like GCS block him enter the ND draft or PSD draft. Watch Melbourne give up pick 8 for GCS pick on draft night. PSD this year going to be the best entertainment for AFL audience.

Last edited:
Gold Coast’s decision to make an example of Martin makes perfect sense in the context of their player retention issues. They are basically sending a message to the managers of their young stars and rival clubs ... “try us on and we’ll force these players to go to bottom four clubs via the PSD”.

This isn’t just coming from Cochrane but also former senior AFL exec Mark Evans who is now the CEO there. They know that any more Lynch/Prestia/Caddy type walk outs where wantaway Suns are waltzing into clubs of their choice then playing in premierships is the worst possible situation for them. They simply have to put a stop this trend as it was rapidly destroying the club.

Jack Martin isn’t at Carlton today because blokes like Tom Lynch are winning premiership medals in Melbourne. They’re not going to allow it to happen again regardless of the short term pain losing out on a few trades might cost them. And fair enough, too.

If they have the balls to the same thing to Lukosius at the end of next seasons if Luko wants to leave/go back to SA, then they will have won back my respect.

Martin was probably an 'acceptable' loss of asset (not a superstar, but not a battler either, so I can understand why they did it, from that point of view.

Martin should still end up at Carlton, but if he doesn't so be it, I do believe that we (SOS and The Blues) did everything possible to trade for him, it know seems likely that Gold Coast were never going to trade him to us anyway (they knew we had pick 9 in line for Papley)

Think Marty would be more likely to return to Gold Coast, than go to Melbourne with all the dysfunctional weirdos on their list, who knows for sure.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't want to play for a bland team with a bland culture (with all due respect) with the likes of Viney, May etc coached by Goodwin, but you never know for sure.

notintoyougif.gif

GC wont redraft him but if they did the AFL couldnt and wouldnt step in..they have no ability to.

Over Eddie? Who was playing at a different club? May and Martin spent 6 years together.

View attachment 767806

Yes, Eddie mentoring him was the major factor and Sammo and him speak the same language. Yes, May is a non factor and would hold little influence. Jack is, to quote an ITK from your board, "emotionally invested in Carlton".

Your club has already spoken with him. He isnt interested. This is coming across as desperate from Dees fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back