The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mine came and I was in the shower and missed the doorbell.

Now I have to wait to pick it up from the post office. Currently pacing up and down the house.
I always have to pick it up from the post office, they don't deliver parcels up where I am. I almost prefer it though with beer, means it's not sitting in the back of someones hot van all day.
But mine came yesterday and my mrs picked it up today so I'm in for a big long weekend.
They put a nice note in there thanking for the support and for buying local. Makes you wonder how much places like that are really hurting.

I always have to pick it up from the post office, they don't deliver parcels up where I am. I almost prefer it though with beer, means it's not sitting in the back of someones hot van all day.
But mine came yesterday and my mrs picked it up today so I'm in for a big long weekend.
They put a nice note in there thanking for the support and for buying local. Makes you wonder how much places like that are really hurting.

I picked mine up this arvo. It's a Kolsch carton so i was worried they sent me the wrong beer, but it's delicious stouty goodness inside. Still chilling in the fridge so I'll save it for tomorrow. :)

Eagle Bays restaurant is always booked out so I'd say they're struggling. Upside is its a long held family property and their financial position is probably better than many. And they have the brewery to generate cashflow even when the food side is offline.

Eagle Bays restaurant is always booked out so I'd say they're struggling. Upside is its a long held family property and their financial position is probably better than many. And they have the brewery to generate cashflow even when the food side is offline.
It is a very nice spot, we had to wait about half an hour to get a table last time we went there.
Hopefully things open up in WA sometime soon and we can get back to supporting these places.

It is a very nice spot, we had to wait about half an hour to get a table last time we went there.
Hopefully things open up in WA sometime soon and we can get back to supporting these places.

If the region borders relax I'm still hoping to shoot North to go see the old boy. Not much up that way to support that's of interest to me but there's a decent bottlo now at least so I'll probably grab some froffs and tip some cash into a butcher for a few BBQs.

If the region borders relax I'm still hoping to shoot North to go see the old boy. Not much up that way to support that's of interest to me but there's a decent bottlo now at least so I'll probably grab some froffs and tip some cash into a butcher for a few BBQs.
Where's he live?
Yeah pretty keen to see my family and friends, and also pretty keen to not see the cops/army people twice a day, I'm on a first name basis with some of them.

Where's he live?
Yeah pretty keen to see my family and friends, and also pretty keen to not see the cops/army people twice a day, I'm on a first name basis with some of them.

Not far south of Gero. Glad our car has a DVD player built in, I'm hoping that allows me to do the trip in relative ease. I'm yet to meet a toddler who's happy to sit still for 4+ hours!

Far out that's a bit wild, mate. I'm guessing this will be one of the first things that gets relaxed a bit. They're developing an app too which you can be signed up for and all approved so you just show them your phone and roll through. Have you heard of this?

I might be doing some trips to Albany for work over the next couple or months so if the restrictions aren't lifted I'm going to need all sorts of paperwork to prove I'm supposed to be driving down there.

Not far south of Gero. Glad our car has a DVD player built in, I'm hoping that allows me to do the trip in relative ease. I'm yet to meet a toddler who's happy to sit still for 4+ hours!

Far out that's a bit wild, mate. I'm guessing this will be one of the first things that gets relaxed a bit. They're developing an app too which you can be signed up for and all approved so you just show them your phone and roll through. Have you heard of this?

I might be doing some trips to Albany for work over the next couple or months so if the restrictions aren't lifted I'm going to need all sorts of paperwork to prove I'm supposed to be driving down there.

Think there is an app coming out to speed the process of restrictions if crossing boarders for work.

Must be the same one I was reading about. It's useful for more than work though isn't it? Like GFs situation living close to a restricted border?

Thinks for anything that requires crossing the boarders. Its to save time with sifting through paperwork.

My understanding is you apply for it and a QR code is sent to your phone which is scanned at the checkpoint.

A good bottlo just south of Gero? not the last time I lived there for 50 years. I guess the new IGA might have upped their game.(if I've got the right town)
The rum distillery is worth a visit if they are still operating.

A good bottlo just south of Gero? not the last time I lived there for 50 years. I guess the new IGA might have upped their game.(if I've got the right town)
The rum distillery is worth a visit if they are still operating.

Nah that's where he lives. The good bottlo is in the guts of Gero. Been a while since I've been up there but I think it's the Cellarbrations near IGA

Nice part of the world.
I hope it does get relaxed and they don't try and hang on to it after they let people get together in bigger groups again.
The app is a bit weird, I haven't done it yet (and probably won't) because none of the guys at the checkpoint have anything resembling a scanner on them, they're all just carrying clipboards and writing down your rego, license and name. The cops also warned a few people up here who tried to show them appointments etc on their phone not to touch them or they'll get a fine so dunno how the app will go.
We've had a few guys go away for work down south, been relatively pain free, just have your license, a letter from your employer and a letter from the customer you're going to do work for and you should be sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of Illegal Tender in Dongara (I assume that's the Rum Distillery being referred to above), they got a shout out in the news today
Good on em, the distillers cut is very good if a tad pricey at $80+ for a 500ml bottle.
I'm not really a spiced rum fan but theirs uses Aus bush spices and is pretty good and a bit cheaper.

Good on em, the distillers cut is very good if a tad pricey at $80+ for a 500ml bottle.
I'm not really a spiced rum fan but theirs uses Aus bush spices and is pretty good and a bit cheaper.
Yeah I'm not a big rum fan but the Mrs is and she rates it

I hate the 500ml bottles . Lark started that years back and has filtered through the australian spirits industry as the norm .
If the australian government reduced the ridiculous amount of tax they only charge distilleries it would be a massive boon not just for the australian spirits Industry but for australians to be able to buy our own spirits at reasonable prices .

Can you visit the place in Dongara or is it production only with no cellar door?

Has 355ml cans always been a thing or am i just noticing them now?

Alway thought 375ml was an Aussie thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back