List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh right. Amazing how you take one name out of a hyphenated surname and the brain becomes completely confused.

But yep agreed, big wraps for RCD
RCD was dropped in Richmonds scratch match on the weekend. Given how many injuries they have it seems like he's the bottom player in their list at the moment.

Wonder what would happen if we got Tex Walker.
The definition of "melt" would have to be redefined to match my reaction.

Unless you mean as a funny mascot we wheel out on promo days and get to throw things at.

Any of the 4 free agents I'd be happy to get:
-Daniher
-B Crouch
-Zach Williams
-Jack Viney

Williams is the only one I'd want and he'd cost the farm.

Jack Viney was a hyped up prospect back in the day. Maybe being in such a bad team doesn't help. And now people are questioning Melbourne's performance.

Minimal hurt factor that would be my issue with Viney

how much do you think the farm will be?

More than Daniher for starters. Williams is a gun and he'd have all other clubs going for him, not as if he'd have 1 team going for him.

More than Daniher for starters. Williams is a gun and he'd have all other clubs going for him, not as if he'd have 1 team going for him.
We have a bit of money floating about now so I think we could afford him and gws who probably don't have salary cap space might not be able to match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a bit of money floating about now so I think we could afford him and gws who probably don't have salary cap space might not be able to match.

bad timing for us if the afl squeezes cap size.

all dependent on if they make us honour buddys contract imo

might not be able to take adv of the retirees

Doubt he’s going to go from a top 4 side to a
Bottom 4 one. I’d love him though he’d be my number 1 target

Doubt he’s going to go from a top 4 side to a
Bottom 4 one. I’d love him though he’d be my number 1 target
$ talk and at 25 this will be his biggest pay day, I have no evidence to back this up other than looking at gws list to suggest that we could offer more than they could.

in terms of ladder position yes we will be a bottom half team, but Collingwood was able to attract ex gws players to a poor team, so who knows, one thing in our favour is that he doesn't have to move house let alone state.

bad timing for us if the afl squeezes cap size.

all dependent on if they make us honour buddys contract imo

might not be able to take adv of the retirees
If they reduce cap then I'd assume every player takes a hit, maybe might actually work in our favour if, as has been mentioned, the top paid players take a bigger cut to allow the lower paid to take less of a cut. this will all come down to the players association though so who knows.

$ talk and at 25 this will be his biggest pay day, I have no evidence to back this up other than looking at gws list to suggest that we could offer more than they could.

in terms of ladder position yes we will be a bottom half team, but Collingwood was able to attract ex gws players to a poor team, so who knows, one thing in our favour is that he doesn't have to move house let alone state.

Collingwood like the big 4 clubs offer playing in front of big crowds too it’s a big draw card we can’t offer unfortunately.

I want him and I’d offer him whatever but whether he’d consider it I’m not so sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back