List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Sam Naismith at the end of 2018 got a 3 year deal on the back of not playing any games in 2018 i imagine we would of questioned his longevity and if his body is capable right?

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this?

I doubt he would have been on big money. We always need a few ruckman on our list.

Naismith would have been mid 20s, we would have already put a lot of development into him and probably rated him quite highly. So probably wanted to lock him in long term during his peak years and not predicted that he would be injured for two years.

Back then there was that trend of letting other sides develop a young ruckman for a few years. And then look to poach them in their early 20s.

I doubt he would have been on big money. We always need a few ruckman on our list.

Naismith would have been mid 20s, we would have already put a lot of development into him and probably rated him quite highly. So probably wanted to lock him in long term during his peak years and not predicted that he would be injured for two years.

Back then there was that trend of letting other sides develop a young ruckman for a few years. And then look to poach them in their early 20s.

Who would of poached Naismith with his durability issues!??

Who would of poached Naismith with his durability issues!??
If he signed anywhere else they would have won a flag and we'd be kicking ourselves for not having signed him.

It's how this thing goes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Brodie?
His deficiencies would be somewhat negated on the SCG.

Not sure how a trade would work.
Would love Dawson or Mills but imagine they're untradeable

I have been tryin to recruit him to Sydney for 3 years

Would be good to finally land a player I want :huh:

If you look into detail some of the decisions we have made dont make much sense and it has nothing to do with the Franklin deal.

We are bottom 4 but its been a self inflicted wound honestly.
Nothing to do with COLA bring removed, and expanded league giving players more options to leave Melbourne, an unjustified trade ban...

I'm not saying the club has been perfect, but the idea the situation we are in right now is purely down to mistakes the club has made ignores a whole lot of decisions made by the league that were always going to have an impact on our ability to play finals consistently without any real drops out of the 8.

If you look into detail some of the decisions we have made dont make much sense and it has nothing to do with the Franklin deal.

I dunno I can see the reasoning behind most

membrey would have meant telling Goodes to retire lets be honest, and he had no contract and sydney would have looked pretty ordinary pensioning goodesy off

mitchell i disagreed with but i think we got caught out by Jack, Hannebery decline, Heeney, Mills not becoming midfielders

buddy/tippett fitness we probably got unlucky with Buddys faded a bit earlier than hopedmand we didnt get those 2 flags that with two different Saturday efforts we have

just about every 2012 gun faded a year earlier than expected eg okeefe, ted, grundy, jack
we lost cola and had to go to the trade ban because of it, meant we had to incorporate inflated contracts

I think the mistakes the club made were that we couldnt decide to rebuild or try to hold onto finals and we gave long contracts to guys who werent worth it Reid and Naismith (body didn't hold up)

we recruited pretty well now we have focused more on the draft.

vic clubs who had success have also been able to ravage the suns and lions etc to keep building without the initial development

I wouldnt have extended the coach, but i acknowledge he has changed things up, we are blooding some kids, past the trade ban so i think 2019-2022 will be the telling years to judge here

the comp is designed for teams to fall lets not forget that

I think the decisions the team have made from 2012 - 2016 were understandable in hindsight. We just simply wanted to keep the premiership window open and understandably so.

I know the Buddy deal doesn't look AS good now but I bet at least 80% of Swans fans in the summer of 2013/14 would have been ecstatic and jumping for joy when it was announced. I did.

I remember not warming up to the Tippett deal however.

We didn't know how much Hanneberry and Jack fell off a cliff around 2017-18. Would have kept Mitchell in hindsight. Again, perhaps we didn't want to change what was working.

The backline was elite, playing some great team defense but eventually all of them were finished by 2018-19.

That game against the Suns in 2018 was the beginning of the end for the core. Thats when the cracks started.

Yep Horse has the team he wanted.

He should cop the consequences as long as people are willing to be honest with it.

Very little of it makes sense least of all his contract (yes another thread) and Naismith for a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back