Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes you wonder Gil did this just to rile up the footy World against Richmond.

It’s working perfectly,coaches will now have an “us against them” motto against Richmond,watch the Lions get into Cotchin all because of Gil setting this up.

#weareeveryonesgrandfinal

Don’t stray from the course Richmond,our club will be made worse than a serial killer and dictatorial poli combined by Richmond haters who can’t stand we are top of the tree now with 100k members and want to see us tumble,,just keep playing the Richmond Way.

Wonder if the umps will eff us over because of this,use it as an excuse?

How's 5G going?

So Herald Sun is apparently reporting that Brooke had put pressure on Cotchin to return to Victoria with her and the family after being upset about how she was treated after the Covid breach and that Gale had to step in and remind Cotchin of his responsibilities as captain.

If this is correct then she needs to pull her head in and accept that her husband is rather important to the success of the club moving forward.

So Herald Sun is apparently reporting that Brooke had put pressure on Cotchin to return to Victoria with her and the family after being upset about how she was treated after the Covid breach and that Gale had to step in and remind Cotchin of his responsibilities as captain.

If this is correct then she needs to pull her head in and accept that her husband is rather important to the success of the club moving forward.
Well said.

if whats reported is true

Well said.

if whats reported is true
Can't read the article due to paywall, so hopefully someone can post the story to see what the deal is.

Nobody should be subject to bullying ever! After copping what she copped, I don't blame her for wanting to go home with her husband and kids! People quickly forget that footy is just a game and family is always first!

Also, this shut up and except it attitude is a disease that needs to be eradicated quickly! I'm sure most if not all (I hope) of us in here would jump to any friend or family members defence if they were copping the abuse brook has copped!

Trent like any partner is well within his rights to defend and support his partner, and I for one wouldn't of held a grudge if he did pack up and leave!

We all make mistakes from time to time! And we've all had to deal with the consequences but abuse should NEVER be one of them

On Mi 9T using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dunno if my employer tried to imply I needed to put my job over my familys happiness I would quickly tell my employer to go * them selves

captain or not Trents loyalty would sit with his wife and children and that’s how it should be as well

Not sure I believe this. Maybe they thought “hey the Brooke Cotchin story got a lot of attention earlier this year and news is a bit slow”.

I also can’t believe Benny would do/say anything of the sort. We’ve been very family first and I can’t see that changing for this.

Not sure I believe this. Maybe they thought “hey the Brooke Cotchin story got a lot of attention earlier this year and news is a bit slow”.

I also can’t believe Benny would do/say anything of the sort. We’ve been very family first and I can’t see that changing for this.
Yea, she wanted to leave sunny Queensland to come back to cold Melbourne that’s under stage 4 restrictions. Righteo.

Agree. Sounds completely fabricated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't understand why he mentions the club she knew the rules before flying up simple as that she made a mistake now own it take responsibility otherwise stay home simple.The abuse is not on I agree.

Yea, she wanted to leave sunny Queensland to come back to cold Melbourne that’s under stage 4 restrictions. Righteo.

Exactly.
Why would anyone fly home and be trapped in your own home and see none of your family and friends for the unforeseeable future.
Online trolling won’t change wherever you are in that circumstance.

Can't read the article due to paywall, so hopefully someone can post the story to see what the deal is.
Read the story.Not sure where you got the idea that Brooke demanded Trent to go back to Vic.Nothing in the story except Rick Kennedy is peeved with both the AFL & the club on how it was handled.

I dunno if my employer tried to imply I needed to put my job over my familys happiness I would quickly tell my employer to go fu** them selves

captain or not Trents loyalty would sit with his wife and children and that’s how it should be as well
Agree loyalty to your family comes first, but when your family is the one that has caused the issue with your club because they did something against the rules you're playing under then maybe it was a reminder ti say they wouldn't be in this position if they did the right thing

Read the story.Not sure where you got the idea that Brooke demanded Trent to go back to Vic.Nothing in the story except Rick Kennedy is peeved with both the AFL & the club on how it was handled.
Once again #lolbrowne has struck

The wife of Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale has defended the club and its handling of Brooke Cotchin’s COVID breach after her father slammed the club and the AFL.
Jane Gale said her husband and Tigers coach Damien Hardwick worked hard to “go in to bat for the Cotchins” after the fallout from a well meaning gift to a day spa.

Brooke’s father Rick Kennedy said the situation was poorly handled and she was “muzzled”.

“For Rick Kennedy to say that Brooke was unsupported is incorrect... he can say it, but it is simply not true,” Jane told the Herald Sun.

“Brendon and his team, including Damien Hardwick had to work hard, go in to bat for the Cotchins and provide personal support to Brooke. Let’s just say it was not a quick turnaround by the Cotchins who threatened to leave the Hub at one point.

“Brooke was gracious enough in the end to take responsibility for the mistake and brave enough to make a public apology.

“She didn’t deserve the public and media outcry. With the support of the club and private support and advice from Brendon, a resolution was found.”

Mrs Gale praised Brooke for speaking out about the toll of online bullying.

“Hopefully, the Cotchins are in a happy place now and forging forward with their three most beautiful children.

“We are all feeling the effects of a strange 2020 and is always best to find some positives,” Mrs Gale said.

The wife of Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale has defended the club and its handling of Brooke Cotchin’s COVID breach after her father slammed the club and the AFL.
Jane Gale said her husband and Tigers coach Damien Hardwick worked hard to “go in to bat for the Cotchins” after the fallout from a well meaning gift to a day spa.

Brooke’s father Rick Kennedy said the situation was poorly handled and she was “muzzled”.

“For Rick Kennedy to say that Brooke was unsupported is incorrect... he can say it, but it is simply not true,” Jane told the Herald Sun.

“Brendon and his team, including Damien Hardwick had to work hard, go in to bat for the Cotchins and provide personal support to Brooke. Let’s just say it was not a quick turnaround by the Cotchins who threatened to leave the Hub at one point.

“Brooke was gracious enough in the end to take responsibility for the mistake and brave enough to make a public apology.

“She didn’t deserve the public and media outcry. With the support of the club and private support and advice from Brendon, a resolution was found.”

Mrs Gale praised Brooke for speaking out about the toll of online bullying.

“Hopefully, the Cotchins are in a happy place now and forging forward with their three most beautiful children.

“We are all feeling the effects of a strange 2020 and is always best to find some positives,” Mrs Gale said.
So basically this is in response to her dad throwing fuel on a fire that was all but extinguished and old Tom who is struggling to get any traction story wise has ran with it to make it flare up even more.

Thanks for clearing it up by posting what was actually stated

So basically this is in response to her dad throwing fuel on a fire that was all but extinguished and old Tom who is struggling to get any traction story wise has ran with it to make it flare up even more.

Thanks for clearing it up by posting what was actually stated
Yea it’s like the story about Richmond’s hub ‘demands’ when they would’ve been requests if it was possible to get something. Still not sure as to why Benny’s wife had to make any comment.

More added from this mornings article.
Tom Browne the weasel decided to put some mayo on something that wasn't other than a reaction on weather it's worth it to stay.
What a waste of oxygen he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back