Game Day 2020 Preliminary Final vs Port Adelaide, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't give a fig about all this talk about a dynasty - what does and does not constitute a dynasty.

Soooo many Cats fans getting edgy that we might be spoken of in the same breath as their run...

Yawn.

Last edited:

In all seriousness I don't get why you think everyone hates Richmond.

You are one of the sides I least dislike.
Have u not seen the media all year?? They been trying to bring us down like no other...

pretty sure Trump will make an announcement soon on how toxic we are

I really don't give a fig about all this talk about a dynasty - what does and does not constitute a dynasty.

Soooo many Cats fans getting edgy that we might be spoken of in the breath as their run...

Yawn.

Unpopular opinion, but we aren’t close to the Cats team of 07-11.

Thats fine too, that was a scarily good team and one of those rare team of champions and champion team sides. You dont get sides like that often

I think we are more comparable to the Hawks team of 13-15.

Been away hiking for a week. Great holiday where the world escaped from me. Now I'm back just grind them into dust. Reckon Port are favourites, and rightly. But our best is the best. Expect the physical niggle and dirty tactics. Pressure and run. Port's style is one we can exploit if we pressure them enough.

Go Tiges

Thats fine too, that was a scarily good team and one of those rare team of champions and champion team sides. You dont get sides like that often

People will always compare us sadly (and inevitably), but it really isn't the point if we're as good or not; we can only beat the teams that are put in front of us at any given time.

If people come and say "Oh, Richmond won 17, 19 (maybe 20, 21, etc who knows) but they still aren't as good as the Hawks of 13-14-15, the Cats of 07-09-11, the Lions of 01-02-03"... Okay, so what are we supposed to do? Hand in our medals and cups? Take our names off the record books? Are we as fans only allowed to enjoy it just a bit, but hold back our full enjoyment in the knowledge that we only won some "inferior" premierships? If Port win this year or Brisbane, and then win next year too, are they allowed to sit alongside those "great" sides, or not? It really is a load of crap and absolutely pointless.

Firstly, no one knows if this Richmond would come out and beat the Cats from 2011 or the Hawks from 2013. I mean, we do carry some not-Dusty-level players at times yes, but which premiership team didn't have a few fringe-type players running around in the grand final (Matthew Stokes, Ryan Schoenmakers just to name some)? Footy changes all the time, who knows if our gamestyle wouldn't just tear those teams to shreds through relentless pressure and team defence? No one actually knows.

Also, there are now 18 teams and we've had a few years now for that to properly set in. There is an inevitable dilution of quality as a result, evident across the entire competition. It's just that little bit harder now to create a truly ridiculous and dominant team, you'd think.

Anyway, just don't read into it. There is literally no point comparing us to any of those teams, whether or not this core group wins more flags or not. We're already a great of the late 2010s and that is now indisputable.

For the record, I'd have Brisbane 01-02-03 above the lot - my memory of them is that they had guns everywhere with zero weakness, zero players being "carried". But again it still doesn't matter.

Have u not seen the media all year?? They been trying to bring us down like no other...

pretty sure Trump will make an announcement soon on how toxic we are
Nah. Trump likes winners.

In all seriousness though, people should stop worrying about or being annoyed by haters. Envy is its own punishment. Let 'em stew in it.

Go Tiges!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

see i reckon we are very comparable, watched a few of their games not too long ago and i felt underwhelmed

feel like as time passes alot of their passengers turn into guns in peoples minds which makes the team seem better than it was

People will always compare us sadly (and inevitably), but it really isn't the point if we're as good or not; we can only beat the teams that are put in front of us at any given time.

If people come and say "Oh, Richmond won 17, 19 (maybe 20, 21, etc who knows) but they still aren't as good as the Hawks of 13-14-15, the Cats of 07-09-11, the Lions of 01-02-03"... Okay, so what are we supposed to do? Hand in our medals and cups? Take our names off the record books? Are we as fans only allowed to enjoy it just a bit, but hold back our full enjoyment in the knowledge that we only won some "inferior" premierships? If Port win this year or Brisbane, and then win next year too, are they allowed to sit alongside those "great" sides, or not? It really is a load of crap and absolutely pointless.

Firstly, no one knows if this Richmond would come out and beat the Cats from 2011 or the Hawks from 2013. I mean, we do carry some not-Dusty-level players at times yes, but which premiership team didn't have a few fringe-type players running around in the grand final (Matthew Stokes, Ryan Schoenmakers just to name some)? Footy changes all the time, who knows if our gamestyle wouldn't just tear those teams to shreds through relentless pressure and team defence? No one actually knows.

Also, there are now 18 teams and we've had a few years now for that to properly set in. There is an inevitable dilution of quality as a result, evident across the entire competition. It's just that little bit harder now to create a truly ridiculous and dominant team, you'd think.

Anyway, just don't read into it. There is literally no point comparing us to any of those teams, whether or not this core group wins more flags or not. We're already a great of the late 2010s and that is now indisputable.

For the record, I'd have Brisbane 01-02-03 above the lot - my memory of them is that they had guns everywhere with zero weakness, zero players being "carried". But again it still doesn't matter.

yep of course, the teams will never play eachother so its silly to compare

Not sure there's a definition about a dynasty. We could win the next two years and there'd still be some flog saying it was just #VICBIAS, MCG advantage, lucky, umpires, poor opposition, weather, Tom Lynch being a murderous pedo or whatever.

We could loss the next 30 games and I'd still be proud as hell of our team from the last four seasons. Just doesn't matter to me whether anyone calls it a dynasty or era.
Here here :beercheers:

But I still really wanna win tonight!!! :grin:

On paper yes I agree, but even Hawthorn who have won more premierships than Geelong (4 in 8 as opposed to 3 in 5), didn't have as good a team as what Geelong did. It isn't about having the best team on paper. If it was Geelong would win no contest for the rest of time. What matters is premierships and despite having arguably the best list ever assembled they could only amass 3 flags which is still a great number but it is one that we could equal in 8 days time. That would put us (success wise) in the same class as Geelong and marginally behind Hawthorn

Last edited:

Player for player, yeah of course they were better. Bartell, Abblett, Selwood, Ottens, Taylor, Mackie, the guy who lost a kidney, Kelly, Milburn, Scarlett. These are all players that would be champions at other clubs.

We are a lot closer to the Hawks because of our ability to work as a team and not rely on the 5 genuine a grade stars. I mean the Hawks through that period had some real list cloggers who played out their arse at the right time of the season

Not sure there's a definition about a dynasty. We could win the next two years and there'd still be some flog saying it was just #VICBIAS, MCG advantage, lucky, umpires, poor opposition, weather, Tom Lynch being a murderous pedo or whatever.

We could loss the next 30 games and I'd still be proud as hell of our team from the last four seasons. Just doesn't matter to me whether anyone calls it a dynasty or era.
Lets be honest mate. The entire 2020 season could of been played in WA and the West Coast supporters would complain about how all the other sides are using Optus oval and now the competition is even more unfair because they lost their home ground advantage. WCE for me is the one side who I respect as players but ******* hate because their supporters are just whinny bitches.

see i reckon we are very comparable, watched a few of their games not too long ago and i felt underwhelmed

feel like as time passes alot of their passengers turn into guns in peoples minds which makes the team seem better than it was
It’s a site where how good your team is right now affects how much weight you can throw around so when a team is good, oppo supporters will promote any older side as ‘better’ to discredit the currently good side, because it doesn’t give anything to supporters of the older side and takes from supporters of the current one.

In 5-10 years the next team to dominate the league will be called 5th best behind Lions, Cats, Hawks, us in any order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back