Game Day 2020 Preliminary Final vs Port Adelaide, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have taken your slops ? Get f’ed mate. Now I know its been 6 years since your last final and it has gone right to your heads but boy oh boy have you all not built this up so bloody high. God I will just piss myself watching your gnashing of teeth if you lose. It was just 7 months ago you blokes had a 200 page thread wanting Ken removed.
Chill out, there was no malice in my post lol

Disagree. The cats and ditto the hawks when they went on their run, had really no competition outside of 4 clubs. We on the other hand have to come up against realistically 8 sides that could win it, so the competition is a lot harder. To be able to do that as consistently as we have, ala we have won more games then anyone else the last 3 years while making 4 PF with 2 GF wins, is right up there.

If we win the GF in a covid year, when interstate clubs have had all the advantages while we have had our team 100 plus days away from home, no home ground advantage, not being able to train at there own club, as well having to win it while beating teams at there home grounds......no club has had that disadvantage and this flag is worth 2 flags for me
Unfortunately due to expected Adelaide Oval umpire bias , this is about as likely as some of your trade ‘whispers’.

It's also hypocritical. Geelong didnt win a flag for 44 years but because they recently won a few no one cares or says anything and their past is now irrelevant. But as soon as anyone even mentions Richmond's recent success, it's 'Richmond were sh*t for 37 years so it doesn't count'
We were s**t and mostly off field , we were an absolute rabble , sacking coaches , over paying opposition duds to join us ,
Drafting non competitive prospects with high draft picks etc etc

Was calm and a bit meh until yesterday but real toey since then , craving crap filled with sugar to gorge on prior to the game!

Sadly think they will win , to me we have looked a bit tired last few weeks??

Please let me be wrong!

Disagree. The cats and ditto the hawks when they went on their run, had really no competition outside of 4 clubs. We on the other hand have to come up against realistically 8 sides that could win it, so the competition is a lot harder. To be able to do that as consistently as we have, ala we have won more games then anyone else the last 3 years while making 4 PF with 2 GF wins, is right up there.

If we win the GF in a covid year, when interstate clubs have had all the advantages while we have had our team 100 plus days away from home, no home ground advantage, not being able to train at there own club, as well having to win it while beating teams at there home grounds......no club has had that disadvantage and this flag is worth 2 flags for me

This is why I can't stand that campaigner Dan26 with his sanctimonious list of best premiers that always shits me, because he puts the Bombres on top every time.

In 2000 Essendon dominated but it was one of those weak years when everyone else was s**t and Melbourne fell into the GF from the other side of the draw. I honestly reckon Hawks circa 1988 were probably the best i've seen, and Brisbane were incredible in 01-03. Even some of those Carlton brown paper bag flag teams were powerhouses.

I guarantee that the w***er will put this year's flag at the very bottom of the list, even below the WWI flags when there were only 4 teams competing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know how Port Adelaide are in the wet? I can’t see that weather suiting Charlie Dixon or their rucks.
They looked decent enough against the Bombers to be honest, but will certainly even out the contest a bit if it were not otherwise looking that way. Dixon took a pretty silly mark that night from memory, will still be a threat.

Surprisingly super calm about tonight. Mainly because port are expected to win, we have been given no chance by so called experts in the media, we’ve made our 4th prelim in a row in a year where we have been away from home for 3/4 of it, had no home crowd, dealt with major injuries again and bs controversies made by the media and uncovered future stars so in my eyes the season is successful no matter what happens.

I was more stressed against St Kilda due to the impact the loss against the bears might have impacted us. It did nothing and we did what we had to. Lynch back made a difference as well. I would have hated losing to St Kilda. All week, I've ignored media, because I'm over the BS narrative that we are arrogant etc etc. We have nothing to lose. We have been away from the MCG for months, played good footy and lost two games during that period. The pressure is on Port. Home ground, own beds, crowd will be rabid.. and I was going to include the same bias umpiring from last time we played - that simply won't happen in a Prelim. So I expect a fair fight. Port have played one game in 24 days, and are talking tough. We have been down this round 4 years in a row and we know how to win these games. If we lose - I won't be too upset, as I'd rather have premierships over 5-6 years than a hit and run consecutive flags. This years Covid Cup is more a Port or Bears affair as they kept the season alive. BUT - All I ask is a fair go from the ups and 100% commitment from the players and I think we could just do this. We are the better side on paper, and if this was outside SA, we would be in for a good win. Still a 50/50, but our professionalism should trump their tough talk.

It's on the scoreboard. They've been top of the ladder since Round 1. Doesn't happen often.
Finished on top by percentage only.

Lost to the Lions and Cats

No side in the last 6 years has won a flag and minor premiership

Pies went to Perth and beat the Eagles.

I've heard Hardwick say a few times that measuring success by premierships is bullshit. Not many other sports do that. We should celebrate our strong win/loss record over a long period, playing fast, exciting football, and standing up in big games - finals or not.

Of course, the premierships are not to be sniffed at. Just not the one and only measure of a powerful football team, IMO.

The human in me wants to feel all warm and fuzzy and agree with that, but I hope the players don't hear that before the season ends, it's poison because that is a chink in the armour, a sub-conscious weakness, a not negotiable, the Voldemort of team ethos - you leave it to summarise a season, to reflect, to assess a body of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back