Game Day 2020 Preliminary Final vs Port Adelaide, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished on top by percentage only.

Lost to the Lions and Cats

No side in the last 6 years has won a flag and minor premiership
With Richmond only 6 points and a bit of percentage behind. Had Richmond's fixture been blessed with the home ground advantage Port received, they would likely have finished on top.

And that's even with a shorter season and shorter games.

Disagree. The cats and ditto the hawks when they went on their run, had really no competition outside of 4 clubs. We on the other hand have to come up against realistically 8 sides that could win it, so the competition is a lot harder. To be able to do that as consistently as we have, ala we have won more games then anyone else the last 3 years while making 4 PF with 2 GF wins, is right up there.

If we win the GF in a covid year, when interstate clubs have had all the advantages while we have had our team 100 plus days away from home, no home ground advantage, not being able to train at there own club, as well having to win it while beating teams at there home grounds......no club has had that disadvantage and this flag is worth 2 flags for me

Classic Team of Champions v Champion Team. That Geelong squad had sensational players, more than we have. They would probably beat us on most days that they all played well. Our squad have better team play and rely on that freak of connection that we get quite often because of that connection. Our average-to-bad is more average-to-bad than theirs I think

With Richmond only 6 points and a bit of percentage behind. Had Richmond's fixture been blessed with the home ground advantage Port received, they would likely have finished on top.

Totaly agree. And Port have been good, no doubt about it, but no chance have they been a standout.
Going to be an awesome challenge for us.

We have taken your slops ? Get f’ed mate. Now I know its been 6 years since your last final and it has gone right to your heads but boy oh boy have you all not built this up so bloody high. God I will just piss myself watching your gnashing of teeth if you lose. It was just 7 months ago you blokes had a 200 page thread wanting Ken removed.
Watch that get bumped tonight.

So bloody nervous and pessimistic about this game... then again, I always am!
Working tonight, driving all over the Eastern Suburbs, probably have a stack!

We lost 2 games and had a draw when we were still playing in Victoria. We were never likely to finish top after the way we started the season, even if we got a home ground advantage at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why I can't stand that campaigner Dan26 with his sanctimonious list of best premiers that always shits me, because he puts the Bombres on top every time.

In 2000 Essendon dominated but it was one of those weak years when everyone else was sh*t and Melbourne fell into the GF from the other side of the draw. I honestly reckon Hawks circa 1988 were probably the best i've seen, and Brisbane were incredible in 01-03. Even some of those Carlton brown paper bag flag teams were powerhouses.

I guarantee that the w***er will put this year's flag at the very bottom of the list, even below the WWI flags when there were only 4 teams competing.
Is he still around?

Just a reminder that Tiger71 captain blood 17 and I (for as much as i can) will be going LIVE for this game tonight, kicking off at 7:30pm!

So if you don't want to listen to the normal commentators, tune into us instead.

all you need to do is refresh this post or click the link at 7:30pm and our live episode will appear at the top of the list, click play on it and you're in!

Just give the TV a quick pause as you see the umpire bounce the ball to start the game and we will count you in not long after on when to click play again so we all sync up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back