Society/Culture Can we please stop equating the risk posed by left wing extremists with that of right wing extremists?

Remove this Banner Ad

No. It's exactly as it's called - ISLAMIC extremism. You're inability to accept that fact is your problem - reality doesn't care what you think.
You shouting “NO” doesn’t change facts.

No. It's exactly as it's called - ISLAMIC extremism. You're inability to accept that fact is your problem - reality doesn't care what you think.
Extremist Islam is deeply conservative, holding many views similar to those of right wing evangelicals and other conservatives. You may not like that, but reality doesn't care.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Extremist Islam is deeply conservative, holding many views similar to those of right wing evangelicals and other conservatives. You may not like that, but reality doesn't care.

Yep all those damn extremist Christian/Evangelicals beheading people and blowing people up... Can't take them anywhere. Islamic extremism responsible for 97.5% of terrorist attack deaths. Truth hurts my friend.

Yep all those damn extremist Christian/Evangelicals beheading people and blowing people up... Can't take them anywhere. Islamic extremism responsible for 97.5% of terrorist attack deaths. Truth hurts my friend.
You're missing the point. Islamic extremism is a form of far-right conservative extremism. That's what religious extremism is full-stop.

LOL.

Total deaths from right wing 'terror' attacks (including the ones you listed) since 2010 = 221
Total deaths from Islamic extremist 'terror' attacks since 2010 = 8143

% of terror attacks that are considered right wing = 2.5%

Thanks for playing smart guy - you look ridiculous.

Source:
Yeah, I don't think you understand a great deal of anything, particularly the political/religious spectrum

It fascinates me how RWNJ are either incredibly dumb or just blatant liars

You're missing the point. Islamic extremism is a form of far-right conservative extremism. That's what religious extremism is full-stop.

Dancing around reality and trying to label it something else is disingenuous - it's Islamic extremism and its a problem. Grouping it into 'far right' extremism achieves nothing but attempt to put a bandaid over the fact that Islamic terrorism is happening on a large scale and only going to get worse. You don't fix problems by putting more labels on them - hopefully France and other EU states put their foot down and start taking control of who they allow into their society.

Dancing around reality and trying to label it something else is disingenuous - it's Islamic extremism and its a problem. Grouping it into 'far right' extremism achieves nothing but attempt to put a bandaid over the fact that Islamic terrorism is happening on a large scale and only going to get worse. You don't fix problems by putting more labels on them - hopefully France and other EU states put their foot down and start taking control of who they allow into their society.

It's a form of right-wing terror. Pretending otherwise won't change that. Whether or not the method for dealing with it differs from other forms of terror is irrelevant to what it actually is.

So, you have something in common with Islamic extremism.

That's fine, as long as you are aware, you aren't alone. The next step is to admit you have a problem.

This is desperation level conflation. Clearly extremist Islam is the biggest terrorist threat to our society. ASIO confirms it, and views left and right extremism as small threats.

While Sunni Islamist extremism is the primary terrorist threat facing Australia, other groups continue to engage in politically motivated violence and the promotion of communal violence. These groups are diverse and have differing agendas, including extreme right-wing and extreme left-wing ideologies. Small subsets of individuals in these groups are willing to use violence to further their own interests. While their activities are concerning, they remain a small part of their broader movements and are presently unlikely to lead to wide-scale violence or pose a threat to social cohesion.​

To claim that extremist Islam is related to far right groups that also are motivated against extremist Islamist is the most muddled of thinking.

It's only the far right muslims that get involved in islamic terrorism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is desperation level conflation. Clearly extremist Islam is the biggest terrorist threat to our society. ASIO confirms it, and views left and right extremism as small threats.

While Sunni Islamist extremism is the primary terrorist threat facing Australia, other groups continue to engage in politically motivated violence and the promotion of communal violence. These groups are diverse and have differing agendas, including extreme right-wing and extreme left-wing ideologies. Small subsets of individuals in these groups are willing to use violence to further their own interests. While their activities are concerning, they remain a small part of their broader movements and are presently unlikely to lead to wide-scale violence or pose a threat to social cohesion.​

To claim that extremist Islam is related to far right groups that also are motivated against extremist Islamist is the most muddled of thinking.
Islamic extremism is a form of deeply held conservative, right-wing beliefs. That might be an uncomfortable fact for many, but facts don't alter for opinions.

Addressed this already. From an anti-terrorism point of view it makes no sense to group either left or right wing terrorists with Islamic terrorists. They have very different goals and motivations.
Their goals are to impose a strict conservstive vision of society upon everyone else. They, like many on the far right, oppose LGBT rights and women's rights.

Valid points, do you think September 11 happened because bin Laden woke up grumpy and had a row with one of his old ladies that morning?
Wow.. Never thought a mod would stoop so low and suggest there was a valid reason for a scum terrorist murdering thousands of innocent people in the name of your made up religion.

They want young virgins in heaven - its written in the Quran that martyrs are rewarded in the afterlife. Most of them are extremely low IQ degenerates who are easily influenced and have likely lived a lonely and unloved life hence they turn to extremism.

Thanks for your reflections into Islamic terrorism. You should write a book about your insights.

Now (on topic) what causes Right wing terrorism? Are they also extremely low IQ degenerates who are easily influenced and have likely lived a lonely and unloved life hence they turn to extremism?

Seeing as we're discussing Right wing terrorism, I'd say all of the Right wingers have also been stupid socially isolated incels as well, wouldnt you?

They want young virgins in heaven - its written in the Quran that martyrs are rewarded in the afterlife. Most of them are extremely low IQ degenerates who are easily influenced and have likely lived a lonely and unloved life hence they turn to extremism.
That strikes me as a very misinformed viewpoint.

Will unfortunately get worse when people become more marginalised due to social media behavior and tougher economic conditions.

Of course you will say that when you sympathise with them and justify their actions. Extremely ignorant.
In what way have I even remotely suggested I sympathise or justify their actions? You are moving into the realm of pure fabrication now.

Science is a process, not an absolute entity. The more we learn about an evolving situation, the more the advice and means to handle it changes.

Sorry, the spread of Covid is an evolving situation - not whether a mask protects from a respiratory illness or not. That's not an evolving situation lol.

It seems you're confusing multiple issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back