BBL Scorchers BBL10 Campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

How would you rate our imports, not including Joe Clarke?

Before the season, I thought Munro would be the weakest and he's proven to be the best.

I know he's played a few more games, but 441 runs with a strike rate of 128 is very good.

Roy has been pretty good with 355 at a 145 SR.
Was expecting a bit more though TBH.

Livingstone has been just Ok with 304 at 141 strike rate.

Both openers were terrible in the first final.

We really need on of them to go on an get A big one like Hales or Vince have done I think.
Had exact same thoughts regarding Roy and Munro.
What actually impresses me most about is his ability to switch up his game in that whilst his main strength is as a destructive hitter he can also ,if the game requires it(such as last final) play the accumulator role , running 2/3s.
You won’t see much of that going on from our two poms regardless of game situation.

Yeah Roy’s been a bit disappointing but a lot of that comes from my high expectation of him .
Happy to re-sign for next year

As for Livingstone he’s been just alright I suppose but I’m not a fan ,he’s really just a glorified slogger ASFAIC and hope they don’t resign him for next year -1 because I’d like to see us bring in a decent (wicket taking) spinner.
Would make our attack so much more dangerous and 2 means we hopefully then target one of the wa boys (bat) playing over east atm

I was watching NZ highlights in Nov and totally forgot we signed Munro and I was in awe of some of his innings.

ObedientWearyAphid-size_restricted.gif

Had exact same thoughts regarding Roy and Munro.
What actually impresses me most about is his ability to switch up his game in that whilst his main strength is as a destructive hitter he can also ,if the game requires it(such as last final) play the accumulator role , running 2/3s.
You won’t see much of that going on from our two poms regardless of game situation.

Yeah Roy’s been a bit disappointing but a lot of that comes from my high expectation of him .
Happy to re-sign for next year

As for Livingstone he’s been just alright I suppose but I’m not a fan ,he’s really just a glorified slogger ASFAIC and hope they don’t resign him for next year -1 because I’d like to see us bring in a decent (wicket taking) spinner.
Would make our attack so much more dangerous and 2 means we hopefully then target one of the wa boys (bat) playing over east atm
Hindsight I know, but that's why I like Livingstone in the side, he usually wins you a game or two per year which is gold.
His leggies are handy as well.

Dorf has really stood up in the second part of the year.
Richo's last 4 games have been a worry.

Hindsight I know, but that's why I like Livingstone in the side, he usually wins you a game or two per year which is gold.
His leggies are handy as well.

Dorf has really stood up in the second part of the year.
Richo's last 4 games have been a worry.

Yeah he has been going for a few.....doesn't help playing in canberra slower pitch sits up asks to be hit

He will be okay though just needs to keep fronting up and putting the ball in the right areas

After last night's innings, would be surprised if Bancroft wasn't offered a longer contract somewhere else.

He's a good depth player for us but not in our best with all available.
He can keep as well.

Buys and sells guys like Renshaw I reckon.

I also think Kelly and Paris will be targeted.

You can't keep them all I guess.

After last night's innings, would be surprised if Bancroft wasn't offered a longer contract somewhere else.

He's a good depth player for us but not in our best with all available.
He can keep as well.

Buys and sells guys like Renshaw I reckon.

I also think Kelly and Paris will be targeted.

You can't keep them all I guess.
His t20 stats are not bad. 30 odd average and 120 odd strike rate. Problem is that he’s a very limited t20 player and probably not worth the time if he isn’t in the top 3.

Also a very good one day player and I think WA’s second highest scorer last season. Will be interesting to see if he misses out when they get the full squad together.

His t20 stats are not bad. 30 odd average and 120 odd strike rate. Problem is that he’s a very limited t20 player and probably not worth the time if he isn’t in the top 3.

Also a very good one day player and I think WA’s second highest scorer last season. Will be interesting to see if he misses out when they get the full squad together.
I daresay he would. Can't see him getting a gig ahead of Short, Phillipe, Marsh or Inglis as a top order bat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I daresay he would. Can't see him getting a gig ahead of Short, Phillipe, Marsh or Inglis as a top order bat
He’ll play a a fair chunk if this season while they’re away.
A7FB7264-EA1B-493B-ABF0-8C8A3AA4EA36.jpeg
That side is ridiculous but I think WA might regret letting NCN go after taking the most wickets last season. Would have have at least made a decent pace attack with Kelly and Paris in the early parts of the season.

He’ll play a a fair chunk if this season while they’re away.
View attachment 1052018
That side is ridiculous but I think WA might regret letting NCN go after taking the most wickets last season. Would have have at least made a decent pace attack with Kelly and Paris in the early parts of the season.
The Stars offered NCN a 4 year deal.

Don't think you can blame us for not trying to match that TBH.
He only played 6 games this season due to injury.

The Stars offered NCN a 4 year deal.

Don't think you can blame us for not trying to match that TBH.
He only played 6 games this season due to injury.
Sorry that last post was about the one day cup not the bbl.

On to next season.

Arjun Nair is the one we should target to partner Agar. He’s a very raw Narine type as a mystery spinner who can bat a bit as well. He needs lots of guidance but he’s behind Green and Sangha now and is out of contract. I love Ahmed but the clock is ticking.

Teams would be crazy not to throw money at the likes of Bancroft and Whiteman (was he even in the squad this season?) when you look at some lesser keeper-batsmen getting games like Harper, Gotch and Holt. We may need to target some batting depth with this in mind.

Move on Tye. I’d consider shifting on one of our 3 overseas batsmen to get in an overseas quick or all rounder, depending on who is available. Would balance the list a bit more.

Disappointing end as we definitely had the better squad all round but were undone by one player both times. A lot of turning points this season. The major one being the final regular season game. Win that one like we beat the Heat the other night and we win the title with the home games. Don’t think we need to make to many changes as we really should have won the whole thing but missed critical moments when it mattered. Munro missing out which was rare, Agar not being around all year, Roy out for the finals, all contributed.. and we were still well on track to win away from home till about halfway through our innings. A decent front line mystery spinner and a local batsman back from over east is all we’ll need to sweep through next year imo

Disappointing end as we definitely had the better squad all round but were undone by one player both times. A lot of turning points this season. The major one being the final regular season game. Win that one like we beat the Heat the other night and we win the title with the home games. Don’t think we need to make to many changes as we really should have won the whole thing but missed critical moments when it mattered. Munro missing out which was rare, Agar not being around all year, Roy out for the finals, all contributed.. and we were still well on track to win away from home till about halfway through our innings. A decent front line mystery spinner and a local batsman back from over east is all we’ll need to sweep through next year imo
The last home and away game against the Heat and last night's final had one thing in common.

Won the toss and bowled.
******* morons.

I think the last thing we need is a batsman TBH.
Who would miss out?

Much improved performance this year, but the squad s not really complete yet. Missing Agar was a big blow, both having a second spinning option and someone lower down the order who can bat. The bowling attack was pretty much 4 quicks plus Fawad Ahmed as the spinner. This seemed to have been adequate for every other team except the 6ixers - we struggled to take wickets against them. The 4 quicks ended up looking a bit same-same without much variety. Like I said losing Agar for the season was a big blow, but we didn't have any other options in the squad to bring in.

Also we had a bit of a long tail. You wouldn't call any of our bowlers all-rounders, even bowling all-rounders.

So if we are going to make any changes to the squad next year (inevitable) I think we should target some bowlers who are a variation on what we already have, preferrably blokes who are more than just a little bit handy with the bat or slogging tail-enders. A spinning all-rounder would be fantastic, especially for away matches. Or an all-rounder who can bat in the top 6 and bowl 4 overs.

Much improved performance this year, but the squad s not really complete yet. Missing Agar was a big blow, both having a second spinning option and someone lower down the order who can bat. The bowling attack was pretty much 4 quicks plus Fawad Ahmed as the spinner. This seemed to have been adequate for every other team except the 6ixers - we struggled to take wickets against them. The 4 quicks ended up looking a bit same-same without much variety. Like I said losing Agar for the season was a big blow, but we didn't have any other options in the squad to bring in.

Also we had a bit of a long tail. You wouldn't call any of our bowlers all-rounders, even bowling all-rounders.

So if we are going to make any changes to the squad next year (inevitable) I think we should target some bowlers who are a variation on what we already have, preferrably blokes who are more than just a little bit handy with the bat or slogging tail-enders. A spinning all-rounder would be fantastic, especially for away matches. Or an all-rounder who can bat in the top 6 and bowl 4 overs.

I reckon all we need to do is bring back home grown talent - NCN and maybe Philippe/Short/Stoinis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back