Banter RDT 156 - Old Gold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with Coulter-Nile is more a problem with State cricket in general in that First Class and One Day Domestic are essentially the same team squad.

Coulter-Nile looks far more likely to play his career out as a T20 gun for hire next few years than be a toiler for WA at state level, so it makes sense from a WA POV to put time into other pace bowlers in the 50 over format as a potential lead to Shield cricket. It sucks for NCN personally, and for Australian cricket overall (50 over ODD cricket is fairly reasonable practice for IT20 compared to sitting at home scratching your balls) but it is what it is.

FWIW I don't have a good solution either, but I think cricket as a collective need to rethink the summer scheduling.
it's a loss for Aus cricket. Tye also not offered one but was told he might get one depending how he goes in the BBL. Tye just lucky he plays for the Scorchers.

I'm surprised Victoria didn't offer him one tbf. Would be great to teach their young bowlers.

it's a loss for Aus cricket. Tye also not offered one but was told he might get one depending how he goes in the BBL. Tye just lucky he plays for the Scorchers.

I'm surprised Victoria didn't offer him one tbf. Would be great to teach their young bowlers.

Oh I completely agree. I am just speaking from the WA POV in regards as to why they didn't.

Shield kinda sucks in that you can essentially divide the teams by tiers into (when full strength)

NSW/VIC
QLD/WA
SA/TAS

Some excess players from the top sides move down, which in turn can ruin opportunities for others (seriously, Siddle as a coach and one year player at Tassie is fine. Multi-years is going to eventually cause a problem.

In all honesty Australian cricket should be looking to partner with English cricket very soon to make sure the "BIG 3" doesn't turn into the "BIG 1" with India holding all the cards.

Give Aussies chances to play over there. Turn "The Hundred" into BBL offseason/preseason etc... and do our best to make sure that opportunities for English cricketers over here are available (Lawrence/Hales/Livingstone/Roy/Archer etc....).

As a random aside, India really should release non-international IPL Indian players into the T20 world system in Windies/Aus/England to actually improve their players. Someone like Suresh Raina has no shot of playing internationals for India, and would do better by getting more T20 cricket in to improve the standard of the IPL.

Didn't watch the match but was tracking the score. Yikes. That de-escalated quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight is team selection for my girls.

Pretty confident I’ll be having both of them picked this weekend v EP at home Sunday afternoon, with the younger one to debut.

That was until the school just rung me and advised my younger one has severely sprained her ankle and now I’m off to the hospital for scans.

Trying to find the balance between caring father and “oh my god the coach even said be ducking careful at school, because you don’t want to get hurt”

Thankfully I have a train ride to compose myself first.

🤦🏽‍♂️

Coach confirmed she was named and selected - on field with her older sister.

Now we await scan results.

Buggar

She’s young so best way to look at this is as a temporary setback on her path to a debut in the wings a few years from now

She’s young so best way to look at this is as a temporary setback on her path to a debut in the wings a few years from now
Is exactly what her old man said 😁

The snowstorm/cold snap in Texas right now is something else. I’m not that well versed on normal weather patterns in Texas but this isn’t completely unlike it snowing here or perhaps Melbourne/Sydney

0E39CF48-250D-4547-9BF2-4B05A9407CBF.jpeg 142F75D6-C5AB-4AAD-8215-6581C49B1AAB.png 7131D56F-CE1B-4E19-B227-7586F68D893F.jpeg 3098E452-32C6-4668-998F-0A6EB8169CA2.jpeg 93927949-A269-48F4-93A8-9E6ABF8909D7.jpeg 778AD04C-3BC9-498E-B35B-E9500D3C342D.jpeg

The snowstorm/cold snap in Texas right now is something else. I’m not that well versed on normal weather patterns in Texas but this isn’t completely unlike it snowing here or perhaps Melbourne/Sydney

View attachment 1059861View attachment 1059862View attachment 1059863View attachment 1059864View attachment 1059865View attachment 1059866

Scary part too is the power failures, would hope you've got a few blankets and a wood fire once the rolling blackouts start and you can't turn the heater on.

Scary part too is the power failures, would hope you've got a few blankets and a wood fire once the rolling blackouts start and you can't turn the heater on.

Same areas haven’t had power for 24-36 hours. Infrastructure isn’t setup for below freezing temperatures so internal water pipes are splitting/leaking due to the water inside expanding as it freezes - once the temperature rises those pipes are going to actually burst

It’s not good

Hopefully they have changed over from coal powered electricity generation to wind turbines and solar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back