Banter RDT 156 - Old Gold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a set menu for Valentine's but we had that about a month ago. It's great value for money hey! We were stuffed afterwards

Really good value for money considering the amount of food they bring out to you. It got to the point we were hoping it wasn't for us when the waiter came out of the kitchen with more stuff!

Some of the portions were a bit weird though? We had a party of 6 and the first course was this one small plate we had to divy up between us. Same with the desserts too, instead of multiple of the same item they'd bring out one small one and expect you to split it 6 ways.

I’ve just been acclimiatised as an Arsenal fan to expect VAR to * us over for no apparent reason.

Defender makes no attempt to win the ball and just clatters into Saka? We’ll overturn that decision.

5083235F-1FE3-4934-88D2-9F294DB9BA41.jpeg
Attacker clips the defender running behind him when he goes to take a shot? You can have a penalty for that.

Leeds have been disgraceful and I haven’t seen us this poor on the ball all season, but have a ******* look if you think that’s a pen. Bloke falls over under his own momentum and it’s a penalty because Arsenal are rich? Come off if. Clattered into him like I’m typing this whilst clattering into Margot Robbie.

If that was given the other way there’d be tears too about how dodgy VAR is giving a penalty for no contact.

3-0 at the half without it, not worth the chin wobble lads.

Leeds have been disgraceful and I haven’t seen us this poor on the ball all season, but have a ******* look if you think that’s a pen. Bloke falls over under his own momentum and it’s a penalty because Arsenal are rich? Come off if. Clattered into him like I’m typing this whilst clattering into Margot Robbie.

If that was given the other way there’d be tears too about how dodgy VAR is giving a penalty for no contact.

I agree the decision to award the penalty was soft. Contact? Definitely. It’s clumsy, he’s not trying to win the ball but he’s not trying to take him down, he just sort of runs into him.

But, once the penalty is given, there is no grounds to overturn it. There was contact and it impedes the attacker, therefore it can’t be overturned. It’s not a clear and obvious error.

That isn’t the sort of decision VAR was introduced for.

HoneyBadger35 as good as we’ve been going forward (for once), my word Meslier is having a mare.

The one and solely one, singular, lone fault Bielsa has is he trusts his players to a fault.

Best player missing, the lynchpin of it all at CDM, so just play another midfielder there? Nah. Play the CB there, move the progressive right back to a four centre back spot, bring a U23 midfielder and try him at right back. Square pegs in round holes because he believes everyone will adapt.

Arsenal pressing the fullbacks when it goes back to Meslier, Struijk has nfi idea what to do at central midfield (because he’s a U23 defender, not a ******* midfielder), means Meslier either chips it wide or dallies on it.

Ah well. Mid table in the first season back, happy to be safe and learn some lessons early on. 20 year old keeper, wouldn’t really trade him for anyone, has saved us far more points than he’s cost us but jesus is he having one of those days.

I don’t watch soccer
I don’t follow soccer
I don’t even particularly like soccer

Despite all that I’ve somehow I find myself supporting Leeds

I know the name of their coach and that he doesn’t speak English

I can name two of their players - Bamford and Rapilhna (spelling?)

I couldn’t even tell you what colours they wear with any certainty or where in England Leeds actually is

It’s like seeing a constant barrage of information about one team has an influence

* you HoneyBadger35

I don’t watch soccer
I don’t follow soccer

I couldn’t even tell you what colours they wear with any certainty or where in England Leeds actually is

It’s like seeing a constant barrage of information about one team has an influence

fu** you HoneyBadger35
All I know about Leeds the place is that it's where Headingley is so it can * off forever as far as I'm concerned.

This thread is the kiss of death for sporting results
Big turnaround in this WI v Bangladesh test match

WI posted 409 first innings and had BD 6/155

BD tail then wagged to finish on 296 and then rolled the windies for just 117.

BD are now 1/70 in the fourth and are cruising to victory.

Windies won the first test and could have waltzed into an away series win from if they just prised out those last four wickets. Big turning point in the series
Keys I'll give you ten guesses what the score was when Bangladesh lost their second wicket

I’m sure that was just a blip and Bangladesh went on to win comfortably

19C23F07-DEBA-4E40-A3B1-2B822B5D443D.png

Well, perhaps not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is last seasons leading wicket takers in the Marsh one day cup. Nathan Coulter-Nile doesn’t have a state contract and won’t be featuring in it this season. At 33 you’d think he’d still offer plenty.
He was in the Aussie WC squad 18 months ago and you’d now think his international career is over.
F21A6243-6451-4DEE-94B8-B8D58F00C6BC.png

I don’t watch soccer
I don’t follow soccer

fu** you HoneyBadger35

Raphinha*.
They wear white.
Manager is the greatest man on earth who cares more about beauty, fairness and working with what he’s got than the cutthroat and very whingy world of EPL managers.

Anyone that doesn’t follow Leeds is genuinely wasting their life.

Keys has seen the light.

I’ve just been acclimiatised as an Arsenal fan to expect VAR to fu** us over for no apparent reason.

Defender makes no attempt to win the ball and just clatters into Saka? We’ll overturn that decision.

View attachment 1058041
Attacker clips the defender running behind him when he goes to take a shot? You can have a penalty for that.

I agree the decision to award the penalty was soft. Contact? Definitely. It’s clumsy, he’s not trying to win the ball but he’s not trying to take him down, he just sort of runs into him.

But, once the penalty is given, there is no grounds to overturn it. There was contact and it impedes the attacker, therefore it can’t be overturned. It’s not a clear and obvious error.

That isn’t the sort of decision VAR was introduced for.

The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

Problem with Coulter-Nile is more a problem with State cricket in general in that First Class and One Day Domestic are essentially the same team squad.

Coulter-Nile looks far more likely to play his career out as a T20 gun for hire next few years than be a toiler for WA at state level, so it makes sense from a WA POV to put time into other pace bowlers in the 50 over format as a potential lead to Shield cricket. It sucks for NCN personally, and for Australian cricket overall (50 over ODD cricket is fairly reasonable practice for IT20 compared to sitting at home scratching your balls) but it is what it is.

FWIW I don't have a good solution either, but I think cricket as a collective need to rethink the summer scheduling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back