Game Day Carlton Reserves Game Day Discussion Rnds 2 - 19

Remove this Banner Ad

few vfl listed boys that i'd like to see looked at in the MSD.
Radovanovic
Parsons
Crocker
Wooller
Radovanovic has impressed me the most in terms of consistency this season. His versatility is a big plus. Strong overhead and can read the flight and comfortable and competitive when the ball hits the ground. A bit short for KPD but in the absence of Marchy can see him playing as our third tall in the backline and keeping Docherty on his toes. Think Crocker deserves another shot if he can maintain his form.

Radovanovic has impressed me the most in terms of consistency this season. His versatility is a big plus. Strong overhead and can read the flight and comfortable and competitive when the ball hits the ground. A bit short for KPD but in the absence of Marchy can see him playing as our third tall in the backline and keeping Docherty on his toes. Think Crocker deserves another shot if he can maintain his form.
also has had a few moments where he's taken off from HB and sent it i50. how good is having a competitive reserves side?

Well according to the channel 7 commentators Plow. Wasnt at the game
The only three that they showed on the you tube highlites were 1) plowman 2) stocker 3) stocker not sure about the 4th. Plowman took stringer when up forward and rotated around when stringer was on the ball.
Sorry to interfere with your anti plowman agenda.

Thought Crocker acquitted himself last year, just didn’t impact much playing in a dysfunctional forwardline. Was always depth at Collingwood, who have a bunch of small and mid sized forwards and probably didn’t have the runs on the board or the talent to become a staple in their 22.

That being said I’m not sure who he’d replace in our current side if he got a spot on the list.
was he at adelaide when they thought their window was open and he wasn't required? silly question I guess, they think it's permanently open..............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a strong VFL side so important to build a winning culture for our club.
Correct. Casey & Footscray are the Top 2 in the VFL at the moment, as are their AFL counterparts on the AFL ladder.

Richmond's reserves have been strong for a number of years (not so much this year though) & Box Hill were strong when Hawthorn were dominating.

Watched 2's replay O'brien,TDK,Newman,Setterfield,Honey,Ramsay,Kennedy,Williamson all did some good things and we have some good counterparts in Caluuzzi,Wooler,Crocker,Parsons etc hopefully we have a winning team formula that transfers up to senior level and O'keefe plays them similar to seniors so we can sub any one in out like tigers have been for so long and be successful.

O'brien's kicking could be Elite at AFL level and will be the weapon we need to feed Harry,Charlie,McGovern he needs a run on the wing in seniors asap went harder at the ball in this game vs Essendon too. Setterfield/Kennedy both did enough to warrant being in the seniors , Newman needs another week but his kicking could be a weapon like O'brien out of defence we could build and have a team of elite left foot kickers ala hawks 2012-2015, TDK could come up but still think he needs another week. Williamson was solid but still needs to build on his game to get into a winning senior backline .

Honey,Durdin,Ramsay etc will be good and handy players with a few more games in the 2's and if the seconds keep winning hopefully we can get our culture back to the club and start winning more games than we lose and get back in the premiership race and have success at both levels.
GO BLUES!

Replays should be on 7Plus, but possibly Kayo also?

Tom North being the emergency is fairly telling, as I'd expect him to play, so that would suggest one of Setterfield or Dow is the medical sub. I'm not even sure I expect Dow to play, so probably Setterfield.

Backs:Ryley Stoddart Stefan RadovanovicCody Hirst
Half-backs:Nic Newman Tom Williamson Sam Petresvki-Seton
Centreline:Lochie O'BrienWill Setterfield Sam Ramsay
Half-forwards:Jack CarrollToby WoollerJosh Honey
Forwards:Ben CaluzziBen CrockerCorey Durdin
Followers:Tom De KoningPaddy DowMatt Kennedy
Interchange:James ParsonsCooper StephensEd Delaney
Matt Shannon
Emergency:Tom NorthLachlan Gawel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back