Senior 2. Lachlan Cowan

Remove this Banner Ad

HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY LACHIE!!!!

show_image.php

He's gone to Tassie as soon as they come in. The sky is falling and you can't tell me otherwise!
It’ll be up to him as to whether he goes… as a lifelong blues supporter, he might not want to leave.

It’ll be up to him as to whether he goes… as a lifelong blues supporter, he might not want to leave.
We have some hope of retaining him, but as an ex-pat Tasmanian, it will be a huge challenge of allegiances when the Blues line up against a dedicated Tassie team. I am 43 years ex Tassie.

As a player in his prime, it will be hard to resist the lure. I am sure we have factored it in.

We have some hope of retaining him, but as an ex-pat Tasmanian, it will be a huge challenge of allegiances when the Blues line up against a dedicated Tassie team. I am 43 years ex Tassie.

As a player in his prime, it will be hard to resist the lure. I am sure we have factored it in.
As an expat Tasmanian, I agree with you fully Coona.

The only thing I’d say though is that previous examples have shown us there are different ages at which to return to your home state. For every Ben Allan (who went to WA as soon as he could) and Gavin Wanganeen, there is a Bryce Gibbs (who left his return until later).

There’s no reason Cowan has to go back as soon as a Tassie side enters. He might let them develop for a few years and show some competitiveness before going back as a hometown hero at age 29 or 30.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an expat Tasmanian, I agree with you fully Coona.

The only thing I’d say though is that previous examples have shown us there are different ages at which to return to your home state. For every Ben Allan (who went to WA as soon as he could) and Gavin Wanganeen, there is a Bryce Gibbs (who left his return until later).

There’s no reason Cowan has to go back as soon as a Tassie side enters. He might let them develop for a few years and show some competitiveness before going back as a hometown hero at age 29 or 30.
Exactly.

Why rush back to a team that's just going to get smashed for the 1st few years. Unless he turns out to be a dud, which I doubt, and it's an easy option.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Pretty sure Hollands said the same thing in his video. Likely just related to the 2-year contract
Youngsters are a bit jittery during initial interviews , very normal, atmosphere can be a little overwhelming. Natural response, as long as positive attitude & good determination is shown , I’m very happy can’t ask for much more all the lads seem well grounded very happy with the selections.
Further Power will new assistances Ebert & Lonergan this will make a huge impact and speed up development. Go Blues

Little bit worried that last 2 Morrish winners on our list were Nick Graham and Liam Stocker..

Reckon he'll end up comfortably a top 10 player from this draft. Athletic ability is immense and his skills are nice while still possessing a booming kick when needed. Reminds me of Willo but a better decision maker with his run and carry. Willo would just get himself into trouble non stop in traffic.

Reckon he'll end up comfortably a top 10 player from this draft. Athletic ability is immense and his skills are nice while still possessing a booming kick when needed. Reminds me of Willo but a better decision maker with his run and carry. Willo would just get himself into trouble non stop in traffic.

Can find the ball too. I love the fact that all the runners we drafted can rack up the footy. Of all the skills it's one thing that can't really be taught. Guys who struggle to find much ball at junior level rarely become big ball winners at AFL level.

We have drafted alot of those types in the past. SPS, Cunningham, Cottrell, O'Brien, Williamson, Stocker, Honey ect.

Can find the ball too. I love the fact that all the runners we drafted can rack up the footy. Of all the skills it's one thing that can't really be taught. Guys who struggle to find much ball at junior level rarely become big ball winners at AFL level.

We have drafted alot of those types in the past. SPS, Cunningham, Cottrell, O'Brien, Williamson, Stocker, Honey ect.
I couldn’t agree more. Of all the weaknesses I hear when being associated with a player, the one of which I am most wary is if they have difficulty in finding the ball. I can’t remember a player we’ve drafted in this category who went on to develop the skill.

SPS is the case in point. Gosh he looked a magnificent footballer in so many ways. But he could just never find the ball. I actually think that’s a fair part of the reason why we turned him into a BP / HBF flank, we just needed the ball to find him.

I’ll be honest that even if he overcomes his injuries, it is also the reason I never really hold out much hope for Cuningham. Though, of course, I hope I am wrong.

I couldn’t agree more. Of all the weaknesses I hear when being associated with a player, the one of which I am most wary is if they have difficulty in finding the ball. I can’t remember a player we’ve drafted in this category who went on to develop the skill.

SPS is the case in point. Gosh he looked a magnificent footballer in so many ways. But he could just never find the ball. I actually think that’s a fair part of the reason why we turned him into a BP / HBF flank, we just needed the ball to find him.

I’ll be honest that even if he overcomes his injuries, it is also the reason I never really hold out much hope for Cuningham. Though, of course, I hope I am wrong.
Cuninghams best position is on the half forward line where he is able to be a higher impact per disposal player. He doesn't find enough of it often enough as a midfielder I agree, but if he's able to link up with our ball winners which we have plenty of now he can do maximum damage with ball in hand. I always imagine him as a budget Zac Bailey type

Remove this Banner Ad

Back