Autopsy Autopsy vs Hawthorn (W) - Rd 9. 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t mean to be a nark and I’m loving the almost-forgotten feeling of a win but I hope this result puts to bed the absurd tinfoil-hat theories floated on this board about North being the victim of some giant AFL conspiracy with regards to umpiring. We were absolutely kissed on the Johnson today by the umps and those nuffies who pollute this board with their nutso ‘we were robbed’ theories - and you know who you are - need to acknowledge that.
Amazing what a phone call from the head coach to the umpires boss will do.

The free kicks in front of goal we hadn’t been getting all year we finally got - thats all..

The Progress of the Process
Rounds 1-4
Find out where your locker is.
Learn which boot goes on which foot.
Learn team-mates names.
Make sure you’re health insurance is paid up.
Rounds 6-7
Learn how to stop teams steamrolling you.
Round 8
Learn how to string together a run of goals.
Round 9
Learn how great it is to win.
Sing the song strong and loud.
Big night back at the social club.
ohhh ......apparently it’s not there any more.
Celebrate a great effort.
I know this post is a little tongue in cheek, but learning how to win is a seriously important thing with a young team. At this level, there's actually very little that separates players and teams in the talent stakes in terms of the cumulative talent of the 22 (I'm obviously not saying that Kayne Turner has as much talent as Dusty, for example). Every single player in the AFL is there because they're an elite player and/or elite athlete. Most results are determined through coaching, experience (ie knowing how to win), confidence, momentum and a metric *load of other mental and physical intangibles with every individual player and also collectively that can't really be identified but play a massive role.

We've now got a bunch of kids who have tasted that, and then the likes of Will Phillips who would have seen that today and genuinely yearned to be a part of it. There is absolutely an added mental dimension now of wanting that feeling every single week and knowing what it feels like might give an individual player an extra 1% which might then be the difference in the result next week.

Someone ******* GIF that Powell tap to Goldstein out of the middle right now. I don't care who it is
Initially, I was like, surely that's a tap. But I think I saw on the replay that he actually took possession and it was a deliberate handball. Obviously gotta see it again from a reverse angle, but I think it was a handball.

Suck s**t clarko, your coaching days are over the game has drastically changed.

Our turn for a threepeat

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Meara 22 & 3 clearances
Worpel 16 & 4 clearances
Mitchell 28 & 2 clearances

LDU 24 & 11 clearances
Jy 38 & 13 clearances
Cunners 37 and 13 clearances

That is a ******* demolition. You might say we got lucky against the second worst side in it, but there's no masking those clearance stats. That is as bad as it gets
Ive been saying this for 18 months. Hawthorn (albeit win ing their flags) are completely ****ed. They are hanging their hat on Worpel and recycling players. They are FUBAR. They are in worse shape than us. Worpel is the worst AFL bnf winner that ive ever witnessed in my entire life.

Just a very small action but enormous in the scope of things but Powell’s IQ to hold the ball in and force a ball-up with about 20 secs left was massive. For such a young player not to get nervous and just spill the ball fearing a HTB call was immense.

After the game I seen Goldy in the background go over and talk to Tom about that moment and patted him on the head in admiration- awesome leadership from the big guy.
A lot of players in the middle would have taken that ball in the middle in the last qtr but he gave it a slight touch to Goldy to drive it into the 50. Very smart footballer.

Imagine when this kid gets some size. He already tackles pretty good for someone who looks like he is mid teens so can only imagine how he will be like when he has a man's body

I know this post is a little tongue in cheek, but learning how to win is a seriously important thing with a young team. At this level, there's actually very little that separates players and teams in the talent stakes in terms of the cumulative talent of the 22 (I'm obviously not saying that Kayne Turner has as much talent as Dusty, for example). Every single player in the AFL is there because they're an elite player and/or elite athlete. Most results are determined through coaching, experience (ie knowing how to win), confidence, momentum and a metric fu**load of other mental and physical intangibles with every individual player and also collectively that can't really be identified but play a massive role.

We've now got a bunch of kids who have tasted that, and then the likes of Will Phillips who would have seen that today and genuinely yearned to be a part of it. There is absolutely an added mental dimension now of wanting that feeling every single week and knowing what it feels like might give an individual player an extra 1% which might then be the difference in the result next week.
nothing tongue in cheek about it; if you want to build a winning culture, you have to practise to win - it was the fatal stupidity of Melbourne 15 years ago that they thought they could build a winning team by deliberately losing

It's true. He admitted it.

It still won't stop a conga line of clueless zealots popping out of the woodwork and claiming they were right all along. :D

Maybe. As for me, I’m just happy with the win. Halfway through the game I was calling Jy a dumb footballer. So, I know nothing, that’s for sure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back