Autopsy Autopsy vs Hawthorn (W) - Rd 9. 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t mean to be a nark and I’m loving the almost-forgotten feeling of a win but I hope this result puts to bed the absurd tinfoil-hat theories floated on this board about North being the victim of some giant AFL conspiracy with regards to umpiring. We were absolutely kissed on the Johnson today by the umps and those nuffies who pollute this board with their nutso ‘we were robbed’ theories - and you know who you are - need to acknowledge that.

no. the ones we got were all there (it can happen when you're that much tougher around the contest and always getting first to the ball) and they made plenty of horrific mistakes

Well f- me :)

Having a little bit of experience and hardness back via Dumont and Garner was great, they did their jobs today - both very good off an extended spell. I hope we can continue our climb in competitiveness if and when we get some more experienced players back.
Jack Mahony is a low-possession player but I really notice his hard work and pressure, where it hasn't been as clear with our previous players in that role. He cops a lot of crap here and on other forums... he's 70 kilos dripping wet but puts in 100% every week, sure he makes mistakes but hopefully they get fewer and fewer with confidence and experience. I love what he's done the last few weeks, and we've been more competitive for it.
Totally agree with your comment, but I would love to hear from someone on here that can find a player that doesn't make "some mistakes" in any given game. It doesn't happen, but some pick out the mistakes from their non preferred players and ignore the good stuff and of course ignore those mistakes in their favorites.

Haven't watched any of the game yet, as I was standing in the freezing cold all afternoon umpiring. But just watched the song and nearly teared up.

Love this club.

There was no ’nearly’ for me! Watching the after-match celebrations and the song did bring tears to my eyes! I am so happy for them (and us too, of course!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kissed on the dick today

Mauled other days.

I'd say the latter most weeks.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I never go after the umpires - in my view, it’s a pointless exercise. However, I will say that up until the late period where we got a couple of lucky calls, we had been on the wrong side of every 50/50 call.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes they’re f’ed cause they are doing exactly what we did for years. There was a handful on here smart enough to see that at the time though .
Theres a significant difference. Their draft picks, their under 23/24’s are very ordinary. They are also playing under one of the best coaches the modern era has seen. Good luck Sam, what a basketcase

Can we talk about the commentary for a minute? It's like in the last quarter, all they could talk about was what Hawthorn needed to do to win. They were barracking for them extremely hard. Maybe I'm being biased... but it did NOT sound like they wanted us to get over the line?
How often can one man say "kicked the belly of the ball"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back