Autopsy Autopsy vs Hawthorn (W) - Rd 9. 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing the young brigade super excited and estatic after the game (especially Lazarro) really shown me that this whole “not out here to win” is a absolute joke

This really meant the world to them. Now watch us respect Noble even more. I know it’s only one win and against the bottom team but we’ve shown that we can play well.

O'Meara 22 & 3 clearances
Worpel 16 & 4 clearances
Mitchell 28 & 2 clearances

LDU 24 & 11 clearances
Jy 38 & 13 clearances
Cunners 37 and 13 clearances

That is a ******* demolition. You might say we got lucky against the second worst side in it, but there's no masking those clearance stats. That is as bad as it gets
EKazyi-XYAMNyGr.jpg

Well, that’s not true is it? Only once - once - since 2004 has Nmfc finished in the red for free kicks at the end of the season. Once. And yet the nuffies on here line up week after week to tell us how hard done by we are. It’s bullshit.
Don’t tell me what I see is wrong. I don’t give a * about stats..

There's a reason Jy's the next captain, leads from the front start to finish

LDU's going to start putting entire games together like his 3rd Q, watch out

Thomas might just be the most damaging of the lot, i'm hesitant to put a ceiling on the kid

Powell might be the most effective ball user we've had in decades

Zurhaar needed this as much as the team did, remember who you are son and keep it up

Hall keeps working his ass off, I mean who can fault his effort/application this season? unreal, give him 2 more years for sure

Dumont and Garns showed what senior leadership can do for a young group, we're a vastly different side without all these injuries

Wish Stevo, Bonar and Phillips had been in the side, they all deserved to be part of this win

Oh yeah, Cunners, best inside mid in the comp.

You've got a taste for it now boys, time to start hunting

Short, slow, bald & a podgy little guts......................he's the most unathletic looking footballer in the AFL

Yet, he's a certified ****ing KILLING MACHINE!

1621067337880.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives:
Our future midfield
LDUs third quarter was enourmous, willed us back into the game
Cunnington is a legend of our football club
Jy 38 Disposals
TT has taken his game to another level
Cam is back, been building last couple weeks

Negatives:
Some genuinely embarrassing posts in the Game Day thread.
absolutely agree re LDU. Really tidied up in 2nd half.

Re: Mahony, Powell & Lazz.

Back in the days of Ron Joseph & Greg Miller, they would have been standing behind them with contract and a pen right in that photo.

Haven't seen much of the Hawks this year but wow, talk about soft.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I reckon some of the past hawks teams with dipper, derm, ayres etc would have vomited in their mouthes. They might have a little bit of polish on the outside but they are gutless on the inside. Simpkin and Cunners owned them.

There was no ’nearly’ for me! Watching the after-match celebrations and the song did bring tears to my eyes! I am so happy for them (and us too, of course!).

Well, us statistical types don't go for emotional reactions as easily!!

Speaking of which...

The 1st time since 1991 we won a game from being 26 or more down at 1/4 time. The previous time was in Round 16 that year when we were 35 down (9-44) against Carlton at Princes Park but won by 6 (95-89). On that day, we were actually ahead by half time (58-51). There are now 21 instances of NMFC being 26 or more down at 1/4 time and winning. The explanation being that, like that day in 1991, suburban grounds were more susceptible to a windy 'scoring end' where being 4 or 5 goals down at 1/4 may have been break even and things evened up by 1/2 time.

Not the case today. We were better for longer, believed in ourselves and overwhelmed them. The road is long, and there's a long way to go, but today was very, very special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back