Game Day Carlton Reserves Game Day Discussion Rnds 2 - 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah - pretty sure someone will just keep changing their argument to "win big footy" - and when you address that new argument, they will accuse you of changing the goal posts..... Some are talking footy, some are trying to "win" a conversation.

As to your posts - it is very, very clear that Teague (sc) is basing their selection on age and maturity - Teague has consistently said from the day he took over from Bolton that he will play big bodied mature players over the kids.

Hence why Gibbo gets games over SPS etc.

This is abundantly obvious and the stats back it up. Only kids he will field are Sam Walsh and Parks. Everyone else is 21 or older, while Owies one of the first of the "kids" to get a run at it was 24 years old.

Lions, Bombers, Swans - literally everyone who is tearing past us are playing 19 year old kids.

We have the 8th oldest list and regularly field one of the oldest lists in the league (top 4) - I find that deeply disturbing when we are rebuilding.

On top of this the confidence hit to the kids is massive - while the complacency shown by the veterans is also on show.

There is a good reason every pundit from here to Timbuktoo is wondering WTF Teague is doing with development and the favouritism - because its obvious and damaging.
Swans are the only team you mention that remotely resemble your stance based on success. Mature bodies who execute a considered, proven game plan win football games. It’s the latter part that needs more attention.

I’m am pumped to see Kemp play, even if he doesn’t star. Just want to see the kid get a crack at it.
I think most supporters will have forgotten about Kemp and what he may bring into the side, very pumped to see his first game tomorrow.
Start of the year I put $10 on him to win the rising star; going to have to play some blinders for any chance of that happening

I think most supporters will have forgotten about Kemp and what he may bring into the side, very pumped to see his first game tomorrow.
Start of the year I put $10 on him to win the rising star; going to have to play some blinders for any chance of that happening

If Luke Darcy is on the voting panel then he’s absolutely no chance.

Not this board though. :p

I reckon we have been as pumped to see Brodie Kemp as we have been for any draftee in years. Given his draft hype, waiting and being excited for Kemp has been like waiting for the week to go by before we get the chance to watch Sam Walsh again.

Another reason for Kane Cornes to hate Carlton if Brodie Kemp becomes a better player than Row Z.

As to your posts - it is very, very clear that Teague (sc) is basing their selection on age and maturity - Teague has consistently said from the day he took over from Bolton that he will play big bodied mature players over the kids.
Can you stop polluting every thread with this nonsense? He has never said that once. He said he'd play the best team to win. Stop creating a narrative and forcing an agenda. The more you say it isn't making it more true, you can't will it into reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate but will it be on 7plus in Perth?
im in queensland and this is how i watched it last time on 7plus. I did not need to do anything with postcodes.

google 7 plus on web browser (https://7plus.com.au/)
immediately under the main pictures shown (where it says "On Now") you will see a list of whats on now and what is coming up. Note this list runs horizontally and you can scroll to the right using arrow on the far right. one of those should be the vfl game. simply click on it and away you go.

I checked now and it is not currently listed but the list only goes up to ~12 pm so im hoping it will appear soon as the match is on at 12:05.

im in queensland and this is how i watched it last time on 7plus. I did not need to do anything with postcodes.

google 7 plus on web browser (https://7plus.com.au/)
immediately under the main pictures shown (where it says "On Now") you will see a list of whats on now and what is coming up. Note this list runs horizontally and you can scroll to the right using arrow on the far right. one of those should be the vfl game. simply click on it and away you go.

I checked now and it is not currently listed nut the list only goes up to ~12 pm so im hoping it will appear soon as the match is on at 12:05.
Thanks Ag I will give it a try.:thumbsu:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the
medical sub can play regardless of whether he took the field or not in the AFL.
( could be wrong though )
Exactly. There's been nothing stopping a player appearing in both matches before now, just a question of medical status.

Thanks Ag I will give it a try.:thumbsu:

Depending on how "smart" your TV is, you may also be able to install the 7Plus app and stream it on there. Most TVs released in the last ~6 years should be able to do it (and may already ha e the app installed by default). From my experience, a designed-for-TV app provides a better quality picture than the web browser on a TV.

Could also download the 7Plus app on your phone and screen share that to your TV - that's how I watched Kayo on my previous TV which couldn't run the app itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back