Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 12 vs. Adelaide, AO Sat 05/06 @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doesn't fit my agenda :p

Doesn't fit the AFL's either apparently, neither credited as contested even though he was crunched in both.

Mayne would lead the comp for the least impactful disposals.

Oppo clubs would absolutely love the pill in Maynes hands.

I think peoples perceptions of Mayne preclude them from seeing anything but that.

What does C.Brown actually add to the side?
Over the very few battle ready alternatives that we have available. He puts his head over the ball and plays a selfless role for the team by plugging holes and applying pressure. Winning the ball is a secondary objective for him. He takes the game on which is something that we also lack.

I get the criticism, his ball use by foot is below average...but even that category he is not alone in the current 22.

Posters don’t realise that not everybody is judged on goals and possessions.

Over the very few battle ready alternatives that we have available. He puts his head over the ball and plays a selfless role for the team by plugging holes and applying pressure. Winning the ball is a secondary objective for him. He takes the game on which is something that we also lack.

I get the criticism, his ball use by foot is below average...but even that category he is not alone in the current 22.

Oh I understand hes certainly not judged on goals and possessions. If he were, he would have had his papers stamped ages ago.

Cal has had over 50 goes to show he's a capable AFL player. He's well and truly shown he's not up to it. And that is ok.

Worth watching First Crack when Ben Dixon says Bucks is second only to Alastair Clarkson in terms of football IQ. Watch for Ben’s face as he finishes the extraordinary claim and is challenged by Kingy.

The face says: “Balls, I hadn’t planned on saying that and it sounded like I didn’t know what I was talking anout and I hope it doesn’t haunt me for the rest of the media career. The career that already feels like it’s slipping away...”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mate do you actually watch the game. Brown is nowhere near good enough. He cannot kick, can't even tackle so what is this pressure. His tackles get broken through with ease. Everytime he tries to spin out of a tackle he gets tackled because he's not strong enough. He had 2 tackles on the weekend and did absolutely nothing. If he gets another game God knows how.

Okay so Grundy's injury stings a lot. Apparently Pendlebury is injured so that is 2 outs. Might as well rest both. I want to rest injured players like McCreery, Adams, Elliott and COx as we aren't winning so don't want to risk re-injury but ill wait until the injury list comes out before I make a comment on my changes.
Grundy may not even be out he was cleared of injury.

His most damaging asset is his 25m lateral kick.

I actually don't know how people are honestly happy with Chris bloody Mayne and advocating his performances. Our first half which was the hardest half of footy I've ever had to watch in my life. Chris Mayne was the main culprit of that bullshit style of play. He had 19 possessions to half time not even 1 was potentially dangerous. He had 32 possessions with 390 metres gained that's on average 12 metres a disposal and he had 22 kicks lol. Every team would love him with the ball all he does is look sideways or backwards. Even when he has the opportunity to move the ball he stops, goes back takes his time then kicks sideways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate do you actually watch the game. Brown is nowhere near good enough. He cannot kick, can't even tackle so what is this pressure. His tackles get broken through with ease. Everytime he tries to spin out of a tackle he gets tackled because he's not strong enough. He had 2 tackles on the weekend and did absolutely nothing. If he gets another game God knows how.
He had 3 tackles, only four Collingwood players had more on the day. Pressure is perceived and actual. You cannot doubt his intent in and around the ball. He had two strong contested marks from memory also. His disposal efficiency last game was good, I do acknowledge it’s a critical weakness of his though.

I am not trying to defend his credentials as a best 22, I am trying to point that at this current point in time and given how we are playing we don’t have a better alternative.

You clearly fall into the category of people who shoot first ask questions later. Sack eddy? Who do you replace him with, we are living that nightmare atm. Sack Buckley, who comes in?! We have tried to drop Brown and we haven’t found suitable replacements...playing kids that are underdone in a team that is performing poorly is not useful to their development. Madgen and Wilson are ahead of brown for dropping in any case.

A player is what ? not judged on possesions and winning the ball is optional. well blow me down with a feather , we should select 22 of those players, total match possessions for the team would be off the charts, oh he plugs no holes.

It seems patently obvious to me, that now is the time for change after more than 6 months of self inflicted turmoil
Ned has been pushed on a sword, Eddie forced out and the board very unsettled
Buckleys ugly game plan looks like it may be his undoing
The changes on the field, blooding so many kids seems like an edict from Wright. this is a development year.
McCreery in a handful of games has shown what a defensive fwd that actually tackles looks like
So barring injury -
Bianco to relace Callum
Macrae to replace Josh Thomas
Kelly to replace Madgen as a fwd, if Elliot's not ready. (replaces WHE long term)
- (Wilson Keane and Tohill are enough developing tall defenders)
Murphy to replace Mayne on the wing (Mayne to be SUB)
Pendlebury and Crisp to rotate from on ball to HB flank
Sidebottom, Daicos and DeGoey to rotate as midfielders and FWD pocket

We have tried to drop Brown and we haven’t found suitable replacements...playing kids that are underdone in a team that is performing poorly is not useful to their development. Madgen and Wilson are ahead of brown for dropping in any case.

True but not true in this instance.

I don’t think Cal is best 22 but with Elliott and McCreery out he’s bound to get a game.

If those two are fit I think he’s every chance to drop out this week.

You are correct on Madgen and Wilson though. I’d prefer Macrae or Rantall come in as underdone kids this week. Madgen is not up to it and Wilson looks like an underdone kid himself, even though he’s 23. He’s had a taste and now needs to go back and work on some deficiencies before he gets another look.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

True but not true in this instance.

I don’t think Cal is best 22 but with Elliott and McCreery out he’s bound to get a game.

If those two are fit I think he’s every chance to drop out this week.

You are correct on Madgen and Wilson though. I’d prefer Macrae or Rantall come in as underdone kids this week. Madgen is not up to it and Wilson looks like an underdone kid himself, even though he’s 23. He’s had a taste and now needs to go back and work on some deficiencies before he gets another look.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought he was due for some time in the VFL after the Port game but with 4 other forced changes that was never going to happen. Hopefully Adams, McCreery, JT and Tyler Brown are all ready for this week, along with Elliott.

Worth watching First Crack when Ben Dixon says Bucks is second only to Alastair Clarkson in terms of football IQ. Watch for Ben’s face as he finishes the extraordinary claim and is challenged by Kingy.

The face says: “Balls, I hadn’t planned on saying that and it sounded like I didn’t know what I was talking anout and I hope it doesn’t haunt me for the rest of the media career. The career that already feels like it’s slipping away...”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There's Footy IQ and there's the ability to translate that into coaching.

Rah rah... 414m gained on the weekend shows how blinkered that comment is.

So 18m gained per kick is a performance to rave about?

**** me sideways. Mayne is a huge culprit into the shit ball movement we currently have.

I love the bloke for coming back from the dead in 2017 and making himself into a strong role player in 2018.

However, his time is done.

So 18m gained per kick is a performance to rave about?

fu** me sideways. Mayne is a huge culprit into the sh*t ball movement we currently have.

I love the bloke for coming back from the dead in 2017 and making himself into a strong role player in 2018.

However, his time is done.
Moore went at 15m gained per possession on the weekend - if that's what you wanna criticise then do it across the board.

Then there's disposal efficiency. Mayne went at 96%! Wanna ignore that? Better to keep possession than not I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back