Autopsy Rd 14 Loss: Here comes another one, just like the other one

Who played well for the Blues vs the Giants (Blues supporters only)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, he’s clearly injured. Grimaces harder than Juddy every time he gets tackled.

Play Honey in the ones and let him rest up.

His movement looks fine, it’s his lack of fitness that’s causing his grimacing.

Agree though - Honey needs to come in ASAP. We are lacking intensity big time.

The only comparison between the two was they should play the rest of the year, Kennedy is more rounded then any of our other mids.

Big body but faster then Cripps, Curnow, setters. Walsh is the only other one in the running but Walsh's slight build allows him to be pushed off which isn't a weakness Kennedy shares. If he plays to that level each week he is our best all-rounder for sure.
Placing too much stock in one game. Walsh is a beast. If Bam is consistent the yeah. Been there before.

Just can't defend that outing. We have contested players, but we persist in wanting to play an open style

Spot on. Game plan doesn't suit the list at all. What are we doing?

TBH the game plan feels like it was adapted for VFL rather than AFL.

The defensive pressure we apply is VFL-level and the offensive plan only works when the opposition's pressure is VFL level (ie when they get 6 goals up and switch off.)

I feel for all of us!!

None of us deserve this, 20 years of pure shitness. I could just about handle it if we had a crack every week and were just undermanned, I refuse to believe we don’t have talent though

There is nothing to look forward to, am over October being our GF every year

80k members?! Good luck getting near that next year...

Mindful of the fact I will likely come across all preachy...

Get behind the boys or * off.

It has been bad for a long long time, but the way some of you carry on is deadset ******* disgraceful.

Weak as piss.

Mate, he’s clearly injured. Grimaces harder than Juddy every time he gets tackled.

Play Honey in the ones and let him rest up.

I don’t buy that, Jack Martin is what he had been his whole career. Extremely flighty, unfit, injury prone and goes missing the majority of the time.
Luckily we didn’t give up any picks for him - just a bucket load of underserved cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Call me old fashioned and all but surely when your defensive structures are continually exposed, the simplest thing would go back to playing 1-on-1?
Called for this the other week and needs to happen, but the highly paid assistant coaches need to justify their positions, we are very loose checking..always someone else's problem for half the team.

Play for the future. For the love of god I want Honey, SPS, Carroll and Kemp in the seniors over the next month.
In other news it still $hits me to tears that Simpson didn’t get another run. Would be one of only a few playing with heart. Genuinely was the general in back half whilst Doc has regressed into a shell of his former self.

Mindful of the fact I will likely come across all preachy...

Get behind the boys or fu** off.

It has been bad for a long long time, but the way some of you carry on is deadset ******* disgraceful.

Weak as piss.
If they showed half the passion most of us do, we might be ok...

Really? Was one of our better players after a poor 1st quarter. Started having some real influence in our 20 minute purple patch in the third and went forward and kicked a goal to cut the margin to 12 in the last.

Not a super talented footballer, but far from our worst today.

He is a horrific tap ruckman and has nominal impact around the ground.

Even his better days he still shouldn't be an AFL number 1 ruck. Need TDK in the majority

Also, as good as Harry is, we're too Harry-centric with our entries.

With the amount of effort sides are having to put into defending him, it's criminal that Owies seems to be the only forward who can ever find space for an easy hit-up.

Is it our forward craft, or is it that our mids don't read the play well enough to look for something other than the tallest bloke out there?

Back