Mega Thread COVID & AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Team,
as the season is approaching and there’s still much to discuss with regards to covid, please use this thread to talk about it and the potential impacts of it on the AFL season and the league more broadly. Please note however that if you want to talk about the politics of covid, the politics thread is the place for this and political posts in this thread will be deleted, please keep this thread to how it may impact the competition

There's a lot of hyperbole here. I'm not aware of anyone suggesting doing nothing.
I'm pissed off with myself for posting in this thread, I don't think you're in the minority, I think you're in the vast majority that can't calibrate risk and cost and are scared witless by something that actually can be managed but who think it can't. All good, you make some interesting points but I am out of the thread for my own sanity.
Everyone please get vaccinated FFS.
All good - I agree with you about vaccination and that this thing can be managed. What we seem to differ on is the means.to do so.

Still can't access vaccine in a major regional wa centre.
Am listed as at risk port work & in the under 50s group that has been given approval.

Team, while it may not seem like it, I do in fact have to work and have other things to do in my life.

It would be GREATLY appreciated if you could discuss the political side of this in the politics thread, this thread is for discussing the impacts of COVID on the AFL. I understand that line can be blurred and it can be difficult to separate the two and I will give some leeway, clearly though, shitting on or praising specific government parties is political in nature.

Because I dont have the time to refresh this thread every 5 minutes, I'll just thread ban from here on out.

As always, PM me to vent or discuss as required

Team, while it may not seem like it, I do in fact have to work and have other things to do in my life.

It would be GREATLY appreciated if you could discuss the political side of this in the politics thread, this thread is for discussing the impacts of COVID on the AFL. I understand that line can be blurred and it can be difficult to separate the two and I will give some leeway, clearly though, shitting on or praising specific government parties is political in nature.

Because I dont have the time to refresh this thread every 5 minutes, I'll just thread ban from here on out.

As always, PM me to vent or discuss as required

Fair enough

A couple of the twitterati are saying Freo and the Wet Toast are on the bird to Melbourne today - ACTUALLY it's been confirmed.

View attachment 1166951
Travis Auld said the decision to bring clubs to Victoria has been made to give Victorian clubs a financial and competitive leg up over their interstate opposition.

Travis Auld said the decision to bring clubs to Victoria has been made to give Victorian clubs a financial and competitive leg up over their interstate opposition.

lol

I think it is actually the right thing to do based on our premier's track record and that we have cases makes me think this lockdown is going nowhere.

It also has a positive the boys will get alot of experience in victoria and potentially we play the last 5-6 games at home. Thats all upside.

Also WCE are rubbish away from home so they may drop out of the finals race if it goes on for awhile :)

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Respiratory viruses are seasonal, so if this is the way we're supposed to live from now on, expect every football season to be disrupted.

Play it in Tassie you cowards
Good shout actually. We've got our annual game there next week so why not play Carlton there this week then spend the week down there? I'm sure Bastyy will put the team up for a couple of weeks.

Honestly, my main gripe is that its of course Carlton who get this big benefit. Really really really sick of losing to them and I'd have locked us to win over here.

Hope the boys take it as a statement game, back on the anywhere, anytime bandwagon.
If the AFL have any credibility the Blues games needs to be in Geelong but given the VFL nature of the comp I can see it being held at Marvel.

If the AFL is serious about maintaining an equal comp as much as possible, it should really be as follows
1) Constant communication between Optus Stadium and McGowan to see what they are thinking with lockdowns for the weekend, if we are heading towards lockdown being lifted, teams flown back to Perth for the game, game may need to be Sunday or Monday
2) If we cant have it in Perth, Tassy is clearly the best option from our perspective given we have another game their next week.
3) Geelong's alphabet home ground GMBHAHAMB if 1 or 2 is not possible.

Whatever Carlton want should be of no concern hopefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Back