WRFL Division 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Partly cloudy, min 2 (jesus!), max 15. No real rain this week, conditions should be good. I don't know about high scoring, both backlines are good, it'll be a back-and-forth affair in the middle for my money.

Suns to win.

Suns to remain undefeated until the next time they play Braybrook. Results show that the brookers are the only team to have pushed them this season and could have already ended the suns streak a couple weeks ago if it wasn't for a poor final 10 mins. No Taylor or Buttigieg-Clark in the previous meeting that was decided by a goal after the siren.

Lawrie V Calleja will be an exciting watch on a small oval though.

Leaving North probably more a statement about North, than Braybrook being a destination club... its says alot when loyal players like that leave mid season.

As a player that has left north, can say the culture there is putrid. Seniors coach recruited a bunch of friends with next to no footy ability and continues to play them over blokes who should be getting a game over them every day of the week. 10 blokes max showing up to training, smoking before and after games, fights regularly and no discipline at all. Training was by far the worst with a 1 hour training session and 40 minutes of it the coach feeding his ego, club needs a change again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As a player that has left north, can say the culture there is putrid. Seniors coach recruited a bunch of friends with next to no footy ability and continues to play them over blokes who should be getting a game over them every day of the week. 10 blokes max showing up to training, smoking before and after games, fights regularly and no discipline at all. Training was by far the worst with a 1 hour training session and 40 minutes of it the coach feeding his ego, club needs a change again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can’t be referring to Ange, you mean assistant coach ?

You can’t be referring to Ange, you mean assistant coach ?

Ange and Assistant coach, both enabling the culture. Aswell after the assistant coaches episode against braybrook no repercussions from the club, suspensions should be handed out. It’s a toxic culture and it won’t get any better.

Ange and Assistant coach, both enabling the culture. Aswell after the assistant coaches episode against braybrook no repercussions from the club, suspensions should be handed out. It’s a toxic culture and it won’t get any better.

Have any players been reprimanded?

Have any players been reprimanded?

it’s exceedingly hard to reprimand or suspend players at clubs that struggle to field teams and have no financial hold on players.

I think all coaches start thinking they can hold a standard but sometimes it’s simply impossible and the players know it.

Last edited:
The answer to Norths problem is simple. Money. Until they get some fair dinkum sponsors (or win lotto), they’ll turn over dozens of players every season & Always attract a few bad apples. They had a pretty good group in 2017 but 95% of them are no longer there. The club won’t die though, they always manage to just stay afloat.

BTW , I still find it staggering some people actually get paid to play division 3 local footy

The answer to Norths problem is simple. Money. Until they get some fair dinkum sponsors (or win lotto), they’ll turn over dozens of players every season & Always attract a few bad apples. They had a pretty good group in 2017 but 95% of them are no longer there. The club won’t die though, they always manage to just stay afloat.

BTW , I still find it staggering some people actually get paid to play division 3 local footy

Have to agree you on your points, whilst it would be nice to not pay Division 3 players paying does have its advantages at times.

Certainly with attracting the people you want and then being able to keep them accountable. Particularly at Division 3 level.

North have a good Committee and whilst there is some work to do I’m sure they’ll get the club back on track and competitive again in no time.

Big selection wispers coming out of Wyndham word is cachia out this week back spasms and Todd Laurie out broken thumb.
Going to test their depth this week

Yeah however, with the current coaching staff and playing group it would be impossible to build a successful club moving forward with those types of people around the club, not somewhere you would want your family around or want your kids playing there.

Big selection wispers coming out of Wyndham word is cachia out this week back spasms and Todd Laurie out broken thumb.
Going to test their depth this week

Just seen Albanvales team and I’m sorry to say even with Lawrie & Cachia out I think Suns will have them covered comfortably.

Cobras have a lot of outs this week going by their teamsheet- Karim can you confirm?

Even Ave Mid’s favourite reserves coach is playing 1s for the Cobs. Who are you Ave Mid??

Hope I’m wrong as I would really like to see our friends up Ballarat Road draw a sunset on the Mighty Suns!

See you all there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any truth to North Sunny Reserves game being called off again?

Good win by the Cobras today, home ground advantage helped a lot! Umpires also played a role (some absolute strange calls today) which was disappointing but credit where credit is due Cobras are a genuine threat. Winners all around the ground even after an 8 goal to 1 Suns come back in the third.

Duffield is a massive in for the Cobs, didn’t lose a tap all day and gave the ever so dangerous Saric plenty of the ball.

Now we wait another three-four weeks for a decent game of footy in Division 3.

You guys had your chances in the 2nd and capitalised on them, we had ours in the 3rd and capitalised on them. Umpires were pretty good overall, it was a fast game and the absolutely strange calls were nearly evenly spread. But that one that bounced up off the deck into the guy diving for the ball being given a mark????!!!! Resulting in an Albanvale goal??? Sheesh.

Plenty of if-onlys on the Suns part, it was a game of two halves, full credit to the Cobras and footy was the winner on the day. See you later in the year.

You guys had your chances in the 2nd and capitalised on them, we had ours in the 3rd and capitalised on them. Umpires were pretty good overall, it was a fast game and the absolutely strange calls were nearly evenly spread. But that one that bounced up off the deck into the guy diving for the ball being given a mark????!!!! Resulting in an Albanvale goal??? Sheesh.

Plenty of if-onlys on the Suns part, it was a game of two halves, full credit to the Cobras and footy was the winner on the day. See you later in the year.

had to leave at 1/4 time but listening to the radio even then boys were dumbfounded by some of the calls.. good game of footy overall nothing between the top 3, cobras v braybrook and suns v braybrook set to be ripping games. Can’t wait

Remove this Banner Ad

Back