Autopsy Autopsy in Every Sense of the Word - Freo Embarrassed by Geelong - Rnd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Very disappointed.
Thought Brayshaw, Serong, Switta, Darcy could hold their heads up. Not much else to like. I thought Wilson at least had a crack as did Aish & Colyer.
Alex Peace got schooled for the first time since he’s been back.
For all the s**t people hang on Danger he’s so much more damaging than Fyfe. I don’t know what to think of Fyfe sometimes. He’s so much better than he’s playing at the moment. I know he’s injured but he’s not creative with the ball.
Walters is sad to watch. Lost.
Season over, especially if Darcy is out for a few. They should probably put him on ice along with Fyfe & maybe Lobb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only positive was Alex Pearce didn’t get injured

Fyfe should start preparing for a big 2022*

let’s hope cerra doesn’t get injured as we need the draft bounty to keep this build.

I imagine in the review, the zone will come under a lot of scrutiny. There were players pointing fingers all over. Really loose zoning, let Geelong pick us apart. We gave Geelong 10m too much space all night and never forced them to have to go long.

as a poster put above, we just chased the ball all night. Tighten that zone up, force turnover or contest, or make them go long, which we did alot more v Hawks and even Carlton

Reality is the mid didn't show up and when they don't show up we get destroyed. Defense couldn't keep up with all the inside 50s which is fair enough. I do think tonight was an outlier but saying that changes do need to be made to our list and perhaps questions raised about Carr?
Not on Carr. JLos refusal to select Conca, Blakely and Crowden, plus his unwillingness to play Walters midfield, lead to these sort of results against the top 4 teams. To be clear, I am not arguing against JLo either - if his approach works, and this year's hard losses and beatdowns turn the kids into harder warriors and better footballers next season, happy days.

Just saying it ain't Carry that is the selection panel.

Everyone bar Darcy had absolute shockers but how can we week after week let the opposition defenders just waltz the ball out of the backline with so little pressure, if we are playing a zone either it doesn't work or the players don't know how to do it. Getting so sick of players like Henry, Lobb, Walters etc refusing to lay any tackles in a game. Fyfe had 1 arm but still laid the most tackles of anyone in the team. Tackling is not about skills but pure effort which we clearly only have when we are playing teams around our level or lower.

Imagine if Lobb and Darcy miss next week injured & Treacy gets a week. Good god..

lucky we have a long break
Yes it will be unreal to see a forward 6 of Henry, Walters, Schultz, Switta, Colyer and maybe even Crowden......may as well just tell the mids to dribble it along the ground each time they get it.

Yes it will be unreal to see a forward 6 of Henry, Walters, Schultz, Switta, Colyer and maybe even Crowden......may as well just tell the mids to dribble it along the ground each time they get it.
Against Sydney it might just be our best bet.

That dropped mark and slip allowing Geelong to waltz in for an easy goal really did sum up his season.

Especially when it was shortly followed by him missing a snap at goal from about 15m out.

He really is a shell of a player at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to anyone hanging it on Pearce, Geelong was moving the ball with such little pressure, no one is defending that.

He’s normally fast enough, big enough or clever enough to get a hand in somewhere but Hawkins beat him easily one on one several times. It’s not criticizing, just fact. Hawkins is one of the very best power forwards in the game & is at the peak of his powers.

I don’t think I’ve read a more incorrect, totally clueless post ever on BF & there is a lot of crap on here. * me at one stage he was leading the stats for all comers &
led our clearances despite not playing the last qtr. That doesn’t happen if you don’t have second efforts.

From the Cats board.

Whilst Darcy is not a recruiting option (having sign for further 2 years) was interesting to get a look at him. Strength and tap work was very good but looks overweight and lacking agility and ability to contribute 2nd efforts- Blitz, Stanley and Sav miles better in that regard. Darcy - Knee problems and overweight- no thanks.

That was a real boys vs men performance. Our blokes looked so weak out there and absolutely gassed by the end of the first quarter.

To me it looked like a combination of fatigue, younger bodies and being simply overawed by the occasion. A chance to cement a finals spot, prime time tv, honouring Milli. We just completely shat ourselves.

All credit to Geelong, they outplayed us in every area and embarrassed us on our home deck.

Very disappointed.
Thought Brayshaw, Serong, Switta, Darcy could hold their heads up. Not much else to like. I thought Wilson at least had a crack as did Aish & Colyer.
Alex Peace got schooled for the first time since he’s been back.
For all the sh*t people hang on Danger he’s so much more damaging than Fyfe. I don’t know what to think of Fyfe sometimes. He’s so much better than he’s playing at the moment. I know he’s injured but he’s not creative with the ball.
Season over, especially if Darcy is out for a few. They should probably put him on ice along with Fyfe & maybe Lobb.

Once Lobb went off the forward line consisted of Colyer, Treacy, Henry, Banfield, Sonny ( out of form) all of whom struggled with the more experienced cats defenders.
Nathan is battling bravely away but should go and get surgery now.
Alex was beaten tonight which doesnt happen very often, mind you, the ball was coming in fairly regularly without much pressure on the cats midfielders.
Cats were very well coached tonight.

Yes, for a late bump in a marking contest.

I think he won't play next week.

Selection is going to be interesting.
I think it would be absolute BS if he gets a week for that. Yeah, it's a bit late and in the back but there's zero head contact as far as I can see. We're playing ducking footy.
Just pay the free and be done with it.

On AOSP on Manta using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be fair we have been on the road for 3 weeks and played off a short break. I was expecting a loss but probably thought it would of been closer

I always come away from our games at home baffled by this “zone” defence, we have players guarding space which leaves opposition players wide open and unmanned, why are we surprised when they just pass their way through it ?

On top of this, we seem to just give the opposition the 30 metres or so in front of our goal when they’re kicking out and in one or two kicks they’ve got the ball to mid-wing, why don’t we just try defending our forward 50 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back