Preview Round 19, 2021: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium, Saturday 24th July, 4:35PM AEST *SHARMAN DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Eagles

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously we are f'n jinxed. Marshall looked like he was primed to hit top form against Port. Added to that there's been a lot of highlighting of NicNat lately because he's been slack following his man when his opponent goes forward. Marshall could've really gone to town on him in that area.

Oh well just another s**t piece of bad luck in a s**t year.

Having the Eagles after they've just dropped their last two at home was always going to be nearly mission impossible for us. It sure hasn't got any easier now.

Was Triaianidis that bad, my foggy memory thinks he was an okay player?
He would've been a triple Brownlow medallist if he was playing in a good side, let's not get it twisted now.

This is pretty cool

Also some photos from training yesterday

Wilkie got some balls overruling th coaching instruction. Ratts calling for them to get cleaner up front. Wilkie saying it doesn't have to be pretty, just get it done. I'm with Wilkie, the chaos balls often break the game open these days.

Ease up was a school mate of mine from Oakleigh was a handy junior player too.

You don't make the top level without being a very good footballer at lower levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it Timid or Blight who tried him at CHB? 🤮

I can still remember fans abusing him. s**t like get off Gumby and other less polite stuff. We were pretty feral back then.

I think Frawley and Coff are certainties.

The other change comes down to ruck - do we have someone else we can throw into the ruck when Paddy is off? Maybe Long or Wilkie.
If we do then I think Lonie comes in aswell.
If not then it's Hunter.

Haha nah our family just loved watching him play, of course because of his nationality but the long sleeves were cool, he had a bit of zip and could kick a goal too lol. My old man was one of those that yell at players through the TV like they can hear them and reckons he played better every time he encouraged him on with "come on wog boy"...said in a proud loving way of course

Unfortunately other players didn't get the same treatment, Tim Elliott is one that he would make fun of, thought he was a very unusual looking character to put it lightly, kinda compares to how I laugh at Oscar McInerney from the Lions.

Haha nah our family just loved watching him play, of course because of his nationality but the long sleeves were cool, he had a bit of zip and could kick a goal too lol. My old man was one of those that yell at players through the TV like they can hear them and reckons he played better every time he encouraged him on with "come on wog boy"...said in a proud loving way of course

Unfortunately other players didn't get the same treatment, Tim Elliott is one that he would make fun of, thought he was a very unusual looking character to put it lightly, kinda compares to how I laugh at Oscar McInerney from the Lions.

I loved Tria too, the sleeves, the hair cut, the big grin. 1997 was so good.

I loved Tria too, the sleeves, the hair cut, the big grin. 1997 was so good.
I thought it was the best era of footy because I was a kid, but it actually was the best era. Less tactics, less media saturation...actually made it a better game. And we had some great cult hero type players.

The other change comes down to ruck - do we have someone else we can throw into the ruck when Paddy is off? Maybe Long or Wilkie.
If not then it's Hunter.
Send Long in Marlion Pickett style. Wont get a hitout but maybe his leap could throw Naitanui off a few times. And he wouldn't be afraid to jump into him.

If not then it's Hunter.
Reckon its more likely to be Membrey do the odd bit of centre bounce work. Maybe even Coff.
No way they will send Wilkie or Long in there imo.
There wont be that many centre bounces that Ryder doesnt attend. Just need to try and make sure that they are when NicNat is off.

Not convinced Lonie is the go to to come in either. Clearly the better of all the next options but would leave us incredibly small if Ryder is off and Membrey is rucking. Would not surprise me to see Sharman play, he travelled across for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back