Autopsy Round 21, 2021: Hawthorn smack Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

It just isn't worth it to put your eggs in the 'best player in the draft' basket.
And when we do get a first round pick we don't even get it right and select the player that goes on and win two Brownlow medals! And don't even start with me with what we did with that pick 36 in the same draft.

What a waste. One overweight kid and the other just a plodder...... ;)

Disagree, agree with the other bloke tho. Been in ripping form all year, you can just about count he'll hit a target 9/10 times. He has composure and waits for the best option all the time, plays multiple positions and overall, kicking on both feet is good, composure is good, can be good above his head for a smaller fella and he isn't Bramble pace clearly but he's not slow. Physicality isn't a need for a winger but the fact is he's super clean and has been a one touch player this year so he can pick and turn through traffic. Also loves to tackle for someone who's small and according to you (not physical)

I like Harry but his lack of leg speed concerns me if we are looking to play him on the wing. Really intelligent footballer but doesn't have a one wood as a stand out attribute. I find him to be very similar to Lipinski from Bulldogs who is struggling to get a game in a premiership contending team. I agree with Topiary, re rebuilding a premiership team i.e we have to be ruthless and really good citizens like Harry, Dan Howe, Greaves will probably need to be moved on. No point becoming a top 8 team and getting smacked in the finals

Watched the game. Is it just me or did the pies play a bit tanky? Moments where players become motionless near the ball. Unpressured turnovers.

Watching Scrimshaw hit targets with his elite foot skills was my highlight from this game, together with Moore’s continued growth as a dangerous small forward. Bramble has also been a revelation.
If we can recruit bring in 4 or 5 more pacy elite ball users over the next two years we will have addressed our “lack of polish” problem.
Good decision makers who can hit targets by hand and foot are our priorities.

we have some already, but they are mostly talls

Watched the game. Is it just me or did the pies play a bit tanky? Moments where players become motionless near the ball. Unpressured turnovers.

Collingwood have no draft picks.

They were out coached and out played. Its as simple as that.

If we had won even 30% of centre clearances or they had only been gifted 3 goals from free kicks instead of 6 we would have dead set flogged them.

Not sure if serious but if you are then I think you're on the wrong board and should head over to the Demons one.
I made another comment rolling my eyes at people hoping their team loses. It was a dig at them.

Was with a group of people watching the game. A fair few were genuinely surprised to find GWS were the real winners yesterday when I told them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis and Kozzi are starting to hit the packs dam hard, really helps bring smalls and co into the forward pressure - defenders aren’t taking as many marks either

I really liked burgyones game today, having the younger guys step up allows him to play his role and his still damaging - he is almost 39 (what the f!)
This. It has become so much more noticeable that when Kosi is in the team, opposition defenders don't take many intercept marks. While he may not take them himself, he will contest vigorously and make it damned hard for his counterpart to outmark him. And when he smashes a pack or lays a tackle, they feel it. It's seriously impressive.

This. It has become so much more noticeable that when Kosi is in the team, opposition defenders don't take many intercept marks. While he may not take them himself, he will contest vigorously and make it damned hard for his counterpart to outmark him. And when he smashes a pack or lays a tackle, they feel it. It's seriously impressive.

Kosi competes for everything when he's there. And he's the forward who makes the big Riewoldt-esque runs up the wings to clear out space down forward.

Props to frosty, he was great yesterday - dare I say it he is really working on his kicking, so much better! 86% DE….!
DE was up across the board for us, only Morrison (60%) and Phillips (69%) below 70%.

I think it was more a result of being such an open, uncontested game with no pressure from either team.

He did defend well though.

DE was up across the board for us, only Morrison (60%) and Phillips (69%) below 70%.

I think it was more a result of being such an open, uncontested game with no pressure from either team.

He did defend well though.

that's true for a lot of our players but not Frosty

he can be wide open kicking to 5 hawks ruckmen and manage to pick out Caleb Daniel on occasion

Frosty is a heart and soul player to me. Never the most talented but he cares and he takes the game on.
If you just removed his kicking issues, he is an elite talent, kicking and decision making that has got him into trouble but his really becoming a rock for us, if he can get his kicking consistent his a great player

We cant get it. We'd have to cop consecutive 100 point plus beltings. And North would have to smash Sydney.
The way we're playing, it's not happening.
It's opposite now - If we can our last two games we could leap frog into 13th if results go our way. - when you think whose out, hte turmoil with the coaching fiasco and the fact the world is a bit mad with Covid - its a fair effort

Still waiting for the hawks are doomed posters
-Loving the form from Moore,Bramble,Nash.

Did i mention J.Scrimshaw should have gone top 5 draft selection in 2016. (great pick up)
Doom and gloom posters are noticeable absent after a good win.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back