List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Can any of the WAers give me some insight into Amiss/Van Rooyan?

Are these two legit worth building a future forward line around? I’ve heard varying things about amiss great accuracy but production probably not as high in another team and Van Rooyan production issues. Being based in SA nfi how accurate this is.

I’d really like to know what our future ruck strategy is. If Luke Jackson/Tim English is a future possibility or we’re thinking we’d rather bring in a league average ruck cheaper post-Naitanui before investing a top draft pick.

Brander averages
2018 - 5 possessions 3 marks
2019 - 9 possessions 4 marks
2020 - 11 possessions 4.5 marks
2021 15 possessions 5 marks 0.5 goals

He is clearly on an upward trajectory.

I do agree that he is not physical for a guy his size and because of that i doubt he makes it as a KPP .

I'm hoping for an Andrew Embley type outside mid .

I would prefer to keep brander than trade him for someone like Clark who is still an unknown weather he is even afl quality

I see Brander playing wing/ on ball.

If I was coaching West Coast I’d just bookmark him as an inside midfielder and get Yeo to mentor him. A player who many on this forum doubted his ability to play anywhere but the flanks.

Brander is relatively strong through the core even though he’s not mature, gets hands free, has a good side step, burst of speed and is at his best when he doesn’t have a choice but to stand over the ball.

Drilling him as a midfielder will make him a better and more versatile wingman. The more he plays on ball, the more he’ll find himself drifting forward and put himself under the ball. It’s easy to get way out of position on a wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man. If we truly do draft a KPF with our first pick, I’ll find it very very hard to get enthused about the team over the off-season.
Gotta say, if we spend 4 years developing a key forward by shoving him on the wing and half back flank, only to then trade him and then draft another key forward I'll be pretty f**king unhappy

Can any of the WAers give me some insight into Amiss/Van Rooyan?

Are these two legit worth building a future forward line around? I’ve heard varying things about amiss great accuracy but production probably not as high in another team and Van Rooyan production issues. Being based in SA nfi how accurate this is.

I’d really like to know what our future ruck strategy is. If Luke Jackson/Tim English is a future possibility or we’re thinking we’d rather bring in a league average ruck cheaper post-Naitanui before investing a top draft pick.
No to tim english,the bulldogs dont even want to play him as a ruckman these days,

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

We're taking the piss, if we draft Amiss...Surely not with our first.
There would be chaos and riots, Bigfooty murder...O'Brien in a Hurst!

Ward or Erasmus would do quite nicely, a team desperate for midfield class.
If you take a tall when our first pick falls, then you better get the Arse!

We're taking the piss, if we draft Amiss...Surely not with our first.
There would be chaos and riots, Bigfooty murder...O'Brien in a Hurst!

Ward or Erasmus would do quite nicely, a team desperate for midfield class.
If you take a tall when our first pick falls, then you better get the Arse!
Erasmus would be my pick, hoping Freo don’t pip us on that one

Jye Amiss probably the only key forward around that area of the draft?

Might be a bolter too. I know we essentially want Oscar up the ground and away from FF in the long term meaning that the idea you all think that Allen will replace JK is a no go. Fact is, we don’t have JK replacement yet so need to draft him

Noticed this the other day

View attachment 1214861

How do you respond to these allegations?

He might have changed his mind but 100 percent certain he told the club to jog off mid year And he wasnt interested. Will bet my life on that. Barring a miraculous late change of mind, he will join Hawks. Only way he is staying here is if no one else wants him really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a bolter too. I know we essentially want Oscar up the ground and away from FF in the long term meaning that the idea you all think that Allen will replace JK is a no go. Fact is, we don’t have JK replacement yet so need to draft him
Why would we want that? Oscar has played his best footy close to goal

giphy.gif

Because he isn’t viewed as big enough to be FF. The future of FF is 200 cm players bursting out the goal square in case you all missed it and Oscar doesnt fit that bill

Nah, the future of FF is unwritten. I still reckon Ryan could win a Coleman someday if he plays out of the goalsquare all year in a good team.

Not likely. We will target someone whose taller then that. Not sure what size Amiss is but we are more looking for that extra tall KPp. The forward version of Harry Edwards if you will
The more I see of Williams the less I see him as an AFL standard ruckmen. To me he reminds me more of a Kurt Tippet/Josh jenkins type forward ruck. Been a bit ify this season in front of goal and at AFL level but i really like his athleticism and mobility.

I take your point. But when a player with four years in an AFL environment has to be coached that you only play on from a mark when you know that's the best option there is a problem. The top players already know before they take a mark what the next best move is. Brander's decisions indicate a player who is unsure if what he should be doing and that is major issue I have with him, he looks unsure in most things he does.

As for comparison with Peter Wright I don't see it as necessarily appropriate. Wright has gone from a struggling outfit to one clearly in the rise, plus a new home often invigorates players who realise they have been given a second chance and better not waste it. And Wright was always a good overhead mark and a good kick, two things Brander lacks. Brander is quicker and more agile, but he doesn't use that in concert with his size. He plays like a bloke 15 pcm shorter than he is. Despite his size he can't absorb a tackle, he seems to learnt his technique off Masten; hug the ball to your chest and ensure it will be either a ball up or holding the ball, no likelihood of dishing it off. As for McGovern he was always a freak mark and a great kick, he was just lazy and unfit. So he had upside if he got his act together, which he did. Brander seems fit enough, but seems he's lost at AfL level and unable to nail down a position despite being given numerous chances at a few positions.

Have to disagree with this part. Brander did some great busting through tackles this season

Brander is a HFF. In a ideal world for Jarrod Brander, Jake Waterman wouldn’t exist and he would have played 50 plus games for us in that role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back