List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

LOL you just read that on the rumour board from someone.

Yeah I know but the whole SHuey vs Yeo thing isnt correct. Its more Yeo + other sennior players vs Simmo.

The issue isnt just Yeo though. JK/NicNat are the ones leading the charge for change this pre season

Yeah I know but the whole SHuey vs Yeo thing isnt correct. Its more Yeo + other sennior players vs Simmo.

The issue isnt just Yeo though. JK/NicNat are the ones leading the charge for change this pre season
If that's true then Simmo must be on a hiding to nothing if he resists it. JK, Nic Nat and Yeo are some of our best players, if you lose them, then you lose your job.

I would love to see a drive for more fitness and a running based gameplan. Has done Sydney wonders

Who’s on which side? Because those three players would be the ones most likely to be on tailored programs.

If that's true then Simmo must be on a hiding to nothing if he resists it. JK, Nic Nat and Yeo are some of our best players, if you lose them, then you lose your job.

I would love to see a drive for more fitness and a running based gameplan. Has done Sydney wonders

I think the fitness staff under estimated the fact we were heading into a season with games extended from 17 to 22 + plus the longer 1/4's and also less interchanges.

I dare say the club will look into this big time.

The whole Yeo being unhappy rumor is true. There is a split in the team with a few thinking our training standards have dropped significantly and are not up to scratch and others on the other side.

Quite simply put, our staff tailor our training loads to match those who are struggling to get through games etc and not to the standard of AFL football. Hopefully Nisbett listens to the players and not the staff trying to save there jobs
Doesn't really make sense because yeo has been on a modified program himself so its not like he was setting the standard during preseason .

I can see yeo getting pissed at McGovern but that's more to do with McGovern's laziness during games .

BTW has shuey gone in for his exploratory soft tissue surgery yet ?

can you just say what attributes you think brander has to make it as a key position player so we can stop debating?

Nope. Not to you. Because whatever I say you’ll misinterpret or misrepresent. That last post is a case in point, you provided a supposed example of my standard response when I’ve just never said anything remotely resembling it.

Ive had the discussion with GettheGaff around Brander, I think we’ve reached the conclusion of that. I’m not interested in continuing it with you.

Nope. Not to you. Because whatever I say you’ll misinterpret or misrepresent. That last post is a case in point, you provided a supposed example of my standard response when I’ve just never said anything remotely resembling it.

Ive had the discussion with GettheGaff around Brander, I think we’ve reached the conclusion of that. I’m not interested in continuing it with you.

doing it for the lulz

Doesn't really make sense because yeo has been on a modified program himself so its not like he was setting the standard during preseason .

I can see yeo getting pissed at McGovern but that's more to do with McGovern's laziness during games .

BTW has shuey gone in for his exploratory soft tissue surgery yet ?

I think the surgerys are quite delayed due to Covid. I dont even think Gov has done this yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who’s on which side? Because those three players would be the ones most likely to be on tailored programs.

JK/NicNat see the need for others to actually train and not be in recovery program like sessions

Luke Edwards for example needs to build strength, fitness and etc, not walk laps with the 30 year olds. It isnt Lukes fault though. This is on the coaching and fitness staff

Agree with all of this.

Those three are also the fighter and on field leaders who show genuine leadership, pluck and effort when we are up against it.
The most sobering thought is the reality that if we didn’t have NN this season we would have finished bottom 3 or 4.
Reality check should be that we couldn’t beat the wooden spooners at home.....: HELLO massive red flag.

As for the fitness issue ..... actually it’s a crisis .

For three seasons now we have shown many games we can’t run out for four quarters and we also have staggered to the finish line in the past three seasons as we have stumbled to play out the last five weeks of the season.

Clearly they are MAJOR issues with our list level of fitness.

Simpson has earnt the right to the fix the badly listing ship, but he and the powers to be should be under no illusions, there are serious cracks on a multitude of levels and it will take a deft touch to seemlessly correct the woes simultaneously.

I think brander has a lot of similarities with Andrew embley in the role he is playing atm and how they have progressed.

Embley didn't really start producing the goods until his 4th/5th season

Embley from day 1 to the end of his career, showed a willingness to bodyline the ball and put his head over it when needed.

Early on in his career, he dished out a magnificent shirt front @ Subi and you just knew he was going to make it.

Think Brandner still has promise, but apart perhaps from his run (which lets be honest, can be a bit like a headless chook at times), not seeing to many Norm Smith Embley similarities.

Embley debuted at 17y 274d.

Bradner debuted at 19y 124d.

Last edited:
Agree with all of this.

Those three are also the fighter and on field leaders who show genuine leadership, pluck and effort when we are up against it.
The most sobering thought is the reality that if we didn’t have NN this season we would have finished bottom 3 or 4.
Reality check should be that we couldn’t beat the wooden spooners at home.....: HELLO massive red flag.

As for the fitness issue ..... actually it’s a crisis .

For three seasons now we have shown many games we can’t run out for four quarters and we also have staggered to the finish line in the past three seasons as we have stumbled to play out the last five weeks of the season.

Clearly they are MAJOR issues with our list level of fitness.

Simpson has earnt the right to the fix the badly listing ship, but he and the powers to be should be under no illusions, there are serious cracks on a multitude of levels and it will take a deft touch to seemlessly correct the woes simultaneously.

I feel with the fitness staff they are to scared to let them go because they have been around for so long?

I like what Melbourne did and went and got Burgess who has over 18 months turned that team into a beast with strength and power all around the field. Why cant we got find someone similar?

I feel with the fitness staff they are to scared to let them go because they have been around for so long?

I like what Melbourne did and went and got Burgess who has over 18 months turned that team into a beast with strength and power all around the field. Why cant we got find someone similar?

I hear Dean Robinson and Stephen Dank are available

Did wonders at Geelong, after that seems to be redacted though :think:

My interpretation is we drafted him to be KPP but realised he’s not or ever will be.
Instead of discarding him, let’s try and utilise his athletic strengths and see if that translate to being an effective tall Mid.

So at what stage did the club realise he isn't a KPP and could never be one?

Brander was rated one of the best talls in the draft. Thats why we drafted him.

People on here are just making sh!t up.

I think you may well be on the money with that comment.

Which if true, actually highlights an even bigger problem at the Club , in that the Football Operations Dept themselves have become so stale that they are devoid of new ideas and any form of innovation and a corrective action plan.

Some players don't gel under certain coaches or in certain structures. It happens all the time. Doesn't mean they can't be useful to other teams

Why did GC delist Lyons and Brissy Keays?

Add 2 meter Peter Wright to that list.

If Essendon didn't have injuries to mids Parish would never have had the 2021 season he did and likely would be moving too.

Their list in unbalanced, they have an oversupply of mids and most that are better than him.

He would not be a long term fix for our midfield woes, rather a short term proposition to allow time for the likes of Ledwards, Trew, Winder, Xon and whoever we draft as mids this coming draft to develop as none yet have the hard bodies and physical stamina to play a full game yet, as an inside mid.

He would be a bridge player to help out in the short term 2-3 years .

If he is better than Blake Acres maybe....... otherwise we are becoming Freo.

Mind you they did beat us, so...........

I think you may well be on the money with that comment.

Which if true, actually highlights an even bigger problem at the Club , in that the Football Operations Dept themselves have become so stale that they are devoid of new ideas and any form of innovation and a corrective action plan.

And you see that everywhere. You need to turn over staff and senior staff every so often just to get new voices, ideas and energy into the place.

Noticed Hickmont has jumped on board with Mitchell at the Hawks as an assistant.

"The former Carlton and Geelong player held a variety of roles in his time at the Eagles, including being the club’s contested ball coordinator during its most recent flag-winning season."

So wonder who took over the contested ball coordinator role after 2018? Think it could be this fella!

1629863740623.png

And you see that everywhere. You need to turn over staff and senior staff every so often just to get new voices, ideas and energy into the place.

Noticed Hickmont has jumped on board with Mitchell at the Hawks as an assistant.

"The former Carlton and Geelong player held a variety of roles in his time at the Eagles, including being the club’s contested ball coordinator during its most recent flag-winning season."

So wonder who took over the contested ball coordinator role after 2018? Think it could be this fella!

View attachment 1216365

I am pretty sure he moved into the midfield role for the 2020 season...

I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back