Recruiting James Hird Academy (Father/Son and Next Generation)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't agree with wrapping players in cotton wool.

If a player is so fragile he needs to avoid footy all we're really doing is delaying the inevitable.

It's not like the Daveys have played a lot of footy in the last 2 seasons.

If a player is so fragile he needs to avoid footy all we're really doing is delaying the inevitable.

Having a pre-season with appropriate training and development leading in to a full season, is not wrapping them in cotton wool though. It is appropriate, well structured preparation and development.

Considering they are part of the JHA, i imagine we are going to have them around at the start of our preseason like we did Wanganeen, Misiti etc this year.

The club is probably wary of them going
NTFL -> AFL preseason -> NAB league with not much of a break in between. That is a recipe for disaster for a couple of 17yos.

Giving them a month of AFL preseason leading into their u18 season will set them up nicely.

Not that at all mate.

Should
They play NTFL, they’ll miss a chunk of APS / NAB League per season and despite playing, may in fact be burning themselves out with 15 - 18 months of games consistently (providing Covid f**** off).

I don’t think it is unwarranted to petition the boys to miss NTFL at all. For the casual (NT) observer? Sure. Looking at the long game? Absolutely correct thing to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Misiti got a mention on SEN today:

Essendon father-son prospect Josh Misiti is eligible for this year’s National Draft.

Misiti is the son of dual Bombers premiership player Joe and is part of Essendon’s James Hird Academy, alongside Alex Hird (son of James) and Tex Wanganeen (son of Gavin).

Essendon has priority access to Misiti and AFL Talent Ambassador Kevin Sheehan was asked whether the Bombers will select the Calder Cannons talent in November’s draft.

“He’d be a chance (to land at Essendon). He’s a later-developing boy,” Sheehan told SEN Afternoons.

“He’s bigger than Joe, about 193-194cm.

“Having missed all of last year and half of this year, he might take another year, but I think he’s on the right track.

“He’s a key position prospect, he’s also played down in defence and midfield.

“I think he’ll get an AFL opportunity, but it might be a little bit down the track.”

Essendon currently holds picks 11, 48, 53 in this year's draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why even go there?
Is the second image meant to create some kind of Shakespearean ambiguity behind which you can veil your f****** racism?
Or is it just clumsy?
Looks like CMC was just building off the comedic theme of the Davey boys not existing, and provided two well-known examples of things that "don't exist".

Why even go there?
Is the second image meant to create some kind of Shakespearean ambiguity behind which you can veil your f****** racism?
Or is it just clumsy?
Probably just clumsy.

Also, I didn’t realise that Bigfoot was now associated with racism. You learn something new everyday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back