Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only bright side out of this deal for the Swans is just further re-enforcing the need for academies in non-traditional states.

Finlayson, M.Kennedy, Setterfield and Zac Williams were all GWS academy players who requested trades interstate. The academy system isn’t a solution to player retention issues.

You seem very fixated on finding old quotes from people. You do know there is no certainty in the AFL and that there is no shame in making a prediction that turns out to be wrong don't you?

I prefer making predictions that are right personally

Easy to do when you had the PSD threat behind you. It wasn't exactly Adelaide's skilled negotiation tactics.
Salty or what, you need to build a bridge and get over it.

Anyone would think Sydney was the only club to ever lose a player for slightly less than market value,

Salty or what, you need to build a bridge and get over it.

Anyone would think Sydney was the only club to ever lose a player for slightly less than market value,

Not really slightly less but I am not concerned with that assertion right now, more annoyed by your use of the word "salty" as that is a pet hate of mine. The only people who use it in this context are arseholes.

It is right up there with some men referring to themselves as "Alpha Males," people who refer to champaign as "bubbly" and people who say "baby bump"

McDonald looking very promising.
What's his contract status, have you got his autograph on an extended contract yet?

Ah just checked thats a N O No, list manager asleep at the wheel or doesn't rate him?

Especially lax with a lad from WA don't you think in these Covid times re visiting family etc.?

Riley Thilthorpe, Luke Pedlar, Brayden Cook and Sam Berry the 4 boys we took in that draft have all extended Thilthorpe 2025 the other 3 lads 2024.

Not really slightly less but I am not concerned with that assertion right now, more annoyed by your use of the word "salty" as that is a pet hate of mine. The only people who use it in this context are arseholes.

It is right up there with some men referring to themselves as "Alpha Males," people who refer to champaign as "bubbly" and people who say "baby bump"

What incredibly odd words to be so affected by. Bubbly? Baby bump? These things offend you?

Also, if you're going to be a stickler, spell Champagne correctly.

Gee Whiz, what have stumbled onto here ?

Some Swans need to chill, most if not all clubs have lost a quality and required players to rival clubs for unders.

You also freed up more valuable cap space. The deal is honestly not as bad as you think imo
I have absolutely no reason to believe that the Swans would have acted any differently if the tables were turned. Crows well within their rights to play the game they did.

It's a free market that needs reform to ensure the investment made by clubs reflects the time, money and resources spent on developing talent. Under current rules, Adelaide has done nothing wrong but the slimy tactics publicly endorsed by your turd of a director Mark Ricciuto to assure the acquisition of Dawson leaves a bad smell in the air.

Sydney did nothing wrong in acquiring Buddy Franklin either but we ended up being unjustifiably punished for doing so by the very body that runs the game because we spoiled their intentions. But sure, we got him for free...

The only part that really pisses me off in regard to this whole sh*t show is during media discussions this trade period both SA clubs were on record to state how long they've been interested in Dawson since following his progress in his draft year. This is despite the fact that both clubs had multiple opportunities to take him before the Swans selected him with pick 56.

So, your club is full of sh*t to start with, then when Dawson finally comes good the desire is clearly high (as reflected by the $3.3 million dollars you have offered) but then you try to smooth things over again through the media by publicly stating that you want a fair and equitable trade to reflect his value. Playing both sides is nauseating and everyone can see through the used car salesman routine.

Say what you will about Dodorio but at least he's transparent as I wish Adelaide were in this instance. A simple, "he's asked to come home, he's nominated us as his preference and he's out of contract so his value is diminished when compared to a player that is under contract. Take what you can get or we will roll the dice at the PSD."
So, I think I understand…

We’ve done nothing wrong, but our tactics were slimy, but you just wish we’d admitted it like Dodoro does, but Mark Ricciuto is a turd because he admitted it. 🧐

So, I think I understand…

We’ve done nothing wrong, but our tactics were slimy, but you just wish we’d admitted it like Dodoro does, but Mark Ricciuto is a turd because he admitted it. 🧐
It's slimy because you have Ricciuto screaming one thing in the media and Reid peddling the complete opposite. If they were in unison I could appreciate it one way or the other but the inconsistency of it all is what's vexing. Reid was even interviewed earlier this evening stating that the PSD was never an option.

But hey, I guess this is the real pride of South Australia on display...

It's slimy because you have Ricciuto screaming one thing in the media and Reid peddling the complete opposite. If they were in unison I could appreciate it one way or the other but the inconsistency of it all is vexing. Reid was even interviewed earlier this evening stating that the PSD was never an option.

More the fool you are for listening to any of the tripe that come out of Ricciutos mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's slimy because you have Ricciuto screaming one thing in the media and Reid peddling the complete opposite. If they were in unison I could appreciate it one way or the other but the hypocrisy of it is jarring. Reid was even interviewed earlier this evening stating that the PSD was never an option.

Happy for you to enlighten me with a quote, but I heard nothing from Ricciuto that could even remotely be considered ‘screaming’ about PSD. The only thing I heard him say was that it was an option but not one clubs like to use.

Anyway, we’ve been in this situation many times, so I won’t interrupt your melt any further.

Happy for you to enlighten me with a quote, but I heard nothing from Ricciuto that could even remotely be considered ‘screaming’ about PSD. The only thing I heard him say was that it was an option but not one clubs like to use.

Anyway, we’ve been in this situation many times, so I won’t interrupt your melt any further.
Yeah threats of the PSD are definitely the Crows speciality, can't disagree with you there.

I think the Dalai Lama would even struggle flicking on any switches in your direction. But surely even you can't be serious? Ricciuto knew exactly what he was doing.

"It’s certainly not the way clubs like to do deals,"
"But I guess at the end of the day if it (a trade deal) doesn’t happen, I guess that’s an alternative."
"I can’t get involved in this one," Roo said.

It's his bloody radio show so he and his producers get to dictate the narrative however they like. But thank goodness he didn't get involved...

Don't reply please, I won't read it.

So we got Dawson for what is a steal, purely because of the PSD threat. We were lucky to be at the pointy end of the PSD to make sure we didn't have to part with or dilute pick 4 (6).

It's not a nice way to do trades but it's done and I'm certain Dawson will immediately become one top two/three player for us.

Apologies to Swans supporters for the unnecessary and senseless wanking being posted in this thread after the trade was completed. FFS Crows posters, just enjoy the fact we have landed Dawson for a bargain price and shut up as it taints all Crows supporters as being gloating tossers!

BTW, I can't stand Ricciuto either

So Swans were contacting the other clubs to see if they’d pick him in the PSD and found they wouldn’t. Adelaide therefore offered up a first rounder when we didn’t have to. A first rounder is a fair deal when we could have offered nothing.

So stop your bloody whinging.

So Swans were contacting the other clubs to see if they’d pick him in the PSD and found they wouldn’t. Adelaide therefore offered up a first rounder when we didn’t have to. A first rounder is a fair deal when we could have offered nothing.

So stop your bloody whinging.

"I will give you $10 for your house and if you don't agree I will simply take your house" is not really a fair deal.

"I will give you $10 for your house and if you don't agree I will simply take your house" is not really a fair deal.
Stupid comparison.

Do you think Sydney offered Adelaide a fair deal for Tippett? No matter the agreement we had with Tippett you clearly didn’t given the contract you offered him. He was a KPF in hot demand and you offered a pick in the 20s and Jesse White, so stop being a salty sook.

And here I was thinking this was a fixed term employment contract that had ended.

Bit concerning that you think you can 'own' players like you can a house.

Last edited:
Back