Scandal Collingwood star Jordan De Goey charged with indecent assault - NO sexual jokes or inappropriate comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

NOTE: No jokes about sexual assault or the alleged victim. Keep it clean, civil and remember Jordan De Goey has only been charged at this stage and NOT found guilty of anything.

Last edited:
JDG could be lying, I have already said this.
It's just I guess that you seem to framing it like there's an equal chance that either DeGoey is lying or this lady is lying.

When looking at the facts DeGoey is a proven liar about things like this and has a hell of a lot to lose while the lady involved doesn't seem to have a very firm reason to lie at all.

If DeGoey is telling the truth and this lady was stealing his drinks and then he and his mate had to glass her boyfriend and kick him whilst he was down in an act of self defence to what benefit does the lady involved have to lie? She can't have known who he was to think she might get hush money, going to the effort of making a police report when (if it played out the way DeGoey said) she was in the wrong seems like bizarre behaviour that doesn't really pass the pub test.

Nope.
I am saying that if the article is correct, she may be, do you know what may means?

But, there are are few here who don't care about that, they still think JDG is lying, or most probably is lying.
Why does it matter if she is a thief? Why would you bring it up constantly if not to besmirch/discredit her? It must mean something where every mention of her includes thief. But when JDG is mentioned it’s never alongside him being twice accused of sexual assault, known liar and a currently accused of assaulting a guy. Only one of them is facing charges (hint: it’s not the woman)

Remember JDG admitted to hitting the bloke as well.

It's just I guess that you seem to framing it like there's an equal chance that either DeGoey is lying or this lady is lying.

When looking at the facts DeGoey is a proven liar about things like this and has a hell of a lot to lose while the lady involved doesn't seem to have a very firm reason to lie at all.

If DeGoey is telling the truth and this lady was stealing his drinks and then he and his mate had to glass her boyfriend and kick him whilst he was down in an act of self defence to what benefit does the lady involved have to lie? She can't have known who he was to think she might get hush money, going to the effort of making a police report when (if it played out the way DeGoey said) she was in the wrong seems like bizarre behaviour that doesn't really pass the pub test.
That's a long winded reply on assumptions.

You question me yet here you are having made some assumptions on media reports.

I have said from the start, I do not know what happened, but from this post of yours you do.

That's a long winded reply on assumptions.

You question me yet here you are having made some assumptions on media reports.

I have said from the start, I do not know what happened, but from this post of yours you do.
I mean which part is an assumption?

DeGoey is a proven liar about fights in clubs, that's on the public record. He's admitted to that.

The ladies complaint is in a filed police report, again on the public record. We take that as her side of the story.

DeGoey's account comes from a statement he released so we take his side of events at face value.

We compare the police report to DeGoey's statement and I think you agree that one of them is twisting the truth of the events and then we question which of them has anything to gain by lying? DeGoey clearly has personal reasons to paint the night in one way but I struggle to find a reason for the lady to make a false police report, that part I just can't square away or understand.

Why does it matter if she is a thief? Why would you bring it up constantly if not to besmirch/discredit her? It must mean something where every mention of her includes thief. But when JDG is mentioned it’s never alongside him being twice accused of sexual assault, known liar and a currently accused of assaulting a guy. Only one of them is facing charges (hint: it’s not the woman)

Remember JDG admitted to hitting the bloke as well.
Last time, just for you.

I never said she was a thief, I pointed to 2 articles and wondered why people chose one over the other.

Now, I will write this slower just for you, ask again and I will ignore you.

I don't know who is telling the truth, I just gave options to people who seem to have made their minds up.

I mean which part is an assumption?

DeGoey is a proven liar about fights in clubs, that's on the public record. He's admitted to that.

The ladies complaint is in a filed police report, again on the public record. We take that as her side of the story.

DeGoey's account comes from a statement he released so we take his side of events at face value.

We compare the police report to DeGoey's statement and I think you agree that one of them is twisting the truth of the events and then we question which of them has anything to gain by lying? DeGoey clearly has personal reasons to paint the night in one way but I struggle to find a reason for the lady to make a false police report, that part I just can't square away or understand.
Read what you said, if you can't see them there is no hope.

Cute, now you should understand why I laugh at you, if you need to do that, then you are beaten.

Cute that you think this is somehow a thing you can 'win'.

It's an opinion, you refuse to actually state yours whilst clearly making it known who you believe and what you think of the unnamed woman.

If you want to side with DeGoey, by all means, but at least be honest that's what you're doing. Don't try to hide behind the facade that you're trying to provide evenly balanced commentary.

Read what you said, if you can't see them there is no hope.
Hahaha yeah okay mate.

You are wondering why people are choosing one version of the events over another and I think I've been pretty clear on why I personally and (I assume) other logical readers of what has happened have ended up at the place they've ended at. Doesn't mean that the lady couldn't have made it all up and filed a false police report but on the balance of probabilities that's not what I think has happened.

Cute that you think this is somehow a thing you can 'win'.

It's an opinion, you refuse to actually state yours whilst clearly making it known who you believe and what you think of the unnamed woman.

If you want to side with DeGoey, by all means, but at least be honest that's what you're doing. Don't try to hide behind the facade that you're trying to provide evenly balanced commentary.
See this is the thing, I am not calling you a liar, but you seem to like calling me a liar, is it habit with you?

I will say it one last time, I don't believe either, because I have no idea what happened.

You made your mind up, I gave other options, you even stated "you do not know"

Seriously, this is so f&*^*g funny.

If this was a court of law, you would be out on your arse already with no job.

See this is the thing, I am not calling you a liar, but you seem to like calling me a liar, is it habit with you?

I will say it one last time, I don't believe either, because I have no idea what happened.

You made your mind up, I gave other options, you even stated "you do not know"

Seriously, this is so f&*^*g funny.

If this was a court of law, you would be out on your arse already with no job.

You don't seem to understand the difference between knowing something to the extent that you can prove it in a court of law, believing something on the balance of probabilities, and giving an opinion on something.

You claim you don't know, and that you have no position. But pretty consistently jump at every opportunity to claim the unnamed woman is a thief.

I appreciate you jumping to throw some more low quality insults, fits nicely with the low quality analysis of the situation you provide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't seem to understand the difference between knowing something to the extent that you can prove it in a court of law, believing something on the balance of probabilities, and giving an opinion on something.

You claim you don't know, and that you have no position. But pretty consistently jump at every opportunity to claim the unnamed woman is a thief.

I appreciate you jumping to throw some more low quality insults, fits nicely with the low quality analysis of the situation you provide.
OMG, now I am insulting you?
Last post you called me a liar and I am insulting you?

You can't make this sh it up, this is hilarious

Last time, just for you.

I never said she was a thief, I pointed to 2 articles and wondered why people chose one over the other.

Now, I will write this slower just for you, ask again and I will ignore you.

I don't know who is telling the truth, I just gave options to people who seem to have made their minds up.
Let’s just say I had $100 dollar note in one hand and a marble in the other. And I offered you the choice of one but instead of showing you them I just described them. One has a piece of plastic you could find anywhere in Australia versus a round object, both beautiful and beloved all over the world, that provides countless hours of fun.

Most would pick the latter despite the $100 worth more. It’s easy to say you are just giving options but when you try and influence someone to choose a specific option with your wording you aren’t really giving them equal options.

Because this is what you are doing. Continually trying to paint the woman as a thief but ignoring De Goey has admitted to punching the guy and thinks it’s ok to start throwing fists and have his friend glass a guy if he gets pushed.

P.s. I know what you are doing, I was just wondering if you’d fess up to it rather than keeping up the charade.

Let’s just say I had $100 dollar note in one hand and a marble in the other. And I offered you the choice of one but instead of showing you them I just described them. One has a piece of plastic you could find anywhere in Australia versus a round object, both beautiful and beloved all over the world, that provides countless hours of fun.

Most would pick the latter despite the $100 worth more. It’s easy to say you are just giving options but when you try and influence someone to choose a specific option with your wording you aren’t really giving them equal options.

Because this is what you are doing. Continually trying to paint the woman as a thief but ignoring De Goey has admitted to punching the guy and thinks it’s ok to start throwing fists and have his friend glass a guy if he gets pushed.

P.s. I know what you are doing, I was just wondering if you’d fess up to it rather than keeping up the charade.
OMG.
Ok mate how is this?

The woman has accused JDG of groping here, she is most probably telling the truth in your eyes, why?
Because JDG has form?

A quick look at video evidence would tell the cops if JDG was lying about the drinks, it would also tell them if they danced with the woman, so in you mind, they were dancing with someone who was stealing drinks from them, if she was stealing drinks?

The cops were very quick to arrest them, then also just as quick dropped the charges.

So that is about what we know, does that not put any doubt in your mind?

Last time.
I don't know what happened.

then also just as quick dropped the charges.

Charge. Singular.

They've still retained the assault charge at this point. The one that's more likely supported by clear video evidence.

A quick look at video evidence would tell the cops if JDG was lying about the drinks

It's already going to court. They're not sitting there looking at the video to decide if they're going to charge him. They've already charged him for assault. He's also admitted to punching the guy.

JDG now gets to decide what he says in court, when he's actually under oath, and is subject to consequences were he to clearly provide a false statement.

It is, thus why I stated it.

Something you appear to have issues with doing, despite taking every opportunity to describe the unnamed woman as a thief and a liar.
Liar now?

Don't ever remember describing her as a liar.

But anyway, this post is the last one to you, so no need to answer, if I did, then I did, you don't believe me anyway, so who cares what you think.

Just a bit of humour before I go.

owen87: I think he's guilty.

owen87: I don't know.

OMG.
Ok mate how is this?

The woman has accused JDG of groping here, she is most probably telling the truth in your eyes, why?
Because JDG has form?

A quick look at video evidence would tell the cops if JDG was lying about the drinks, it would also tell them if they danced with the woman, so in you mind, they were dancing with someone who was stealing drinks from them, if she was stealing drinks?

The cops were very quick to arrest them, then also just as quick dropped the charges.

So that is about what we know, does that not put any doubt in your mind?

Last time.
I don't know what happened.
I’m not the one trying to paint the woman as stealing drinks. You heavily imply with every response that she was stealing drinks. Going so far to call her a thief.

We do know a guy was punched though. And you’ve not mentioned that once. Is punching ok? And glassing them?

And following that logic through, its ok to beat someone up if their friend takes one of your drinks? That’s what you are going with here?

Don't ever remember describing her as a liar.

I apologise. You just insinuate that the charges being dropped means she isn't telling the truth.

The charges have been dropped, yet you still "THINK" she is telling the truth.

Just a bit of humour before I go.

Yes. It is humorous that you write these two words yet can't understand what they mean.

I’m not the one trying to paint the woman as stealing drinks. You heavily imply with every response that she was stealing drinks. Going so far to call her a thief.

We do know a guy was punched though. And you’ve not mentioned that once. Is punching ok? And glassing them?

And following that logic through, its ok to beat someone up if their friend takes one of your drinks? That’s what you are going with here?
Now you want to say crap I have not said.

If you want to make crap up, do you mind if I do the same with you?

Here you just said you are ok with beating someone up, just as long as they stole a drink 1st.

Did you like that?
No?
Then don't do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back