List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats true, it all started from the trade period. At the draft, nobody really blinked an eye at the trade. We were made out to have done well from the draft. It wasn't until this year when results... didnt go our way that it became a bad thing
I think that’s true of many in the press. Collingwood got great write ups after last
years draft. However like the press tend to do it was superficial and short term.

The benefits or not that we get from that draft will only be known years from now but when it happened there was already plenty of concern we had taken a high risk low benefit path that had the potential to hurt. We will have to wait to see how it plays out for sure.

I think that’s true of many in the press. Collingwood got great write ups after last
years draft. However like the press tend to do it was superficial and short term.

The benefits or not that we get from that draft will only be known years from now but when it happened there was already plenty of concern we had taken a high risk low benefit path that had the potential to hurt. We will have to wait to see how it plays out for sure.
Indeed. The draftees that debuted this year mostly showed something, but it will be at least 2 or 3 years until we have a better idea how good our draft haul actually was. I have high hopes for at least Macrae & Henry.

We're going to need to be careful about retention for the 2020 class. The amount of guys we took simply can't all be there in a few years' time. First to go for me is McMahon and Chugg (but he's a rookie, so different criteria). McInnes, Macrae, Henry and Poulter all seem up to it. McCreery and Ginnivan are good as well. But even 6 for a draft class is a lot.

McMahon to me hasn't shown anything. Sure, he's kicked a few bags at VFL level but he's inconsistent and undersized. With the amount of forwards we now have, I don't see him getting a game any time soon. His career is going to depend on this year a lot as he needs exposure in the VFL to cement a spot on the list. AFL is off the charts.

McInnes, a first round draftee is an exciting NGA talent who probably should have got a game this season. Unlucky not to but injuries and Covid are to blame. I like McInnes and he reminds me a lot of Quaynor.

Ginnivan's a rookie so can spend a bit longer developing.

McCreery's concern is injury. Few unlucky ones. When fit he's great but if this year's anything to go by, he's a vulnerability.

Reckon Geelong's going to have their eye on Henry so something to be mindful of.

Poulter may also want a return to Adelaide but he seems chilled and spent Year 12 living away from home to prepare for the AFL so I'm less phased.

Out of the 2020 class, the ones unlikely to get another contract are Chugg and McMahon.

We'll be assessing this haul long into the future as Henry determines the impact of Treloar and McInnes, McMahon and a percentage of Daicos vs. GWS pick two will certainly keep analysts wondering 'what if'.

We're going to need to be careful about retention for the 2020 class. The amount of guys we took simply can't all be there in a few years' time. First to go for me is McMahon and Chugg (but he's a rookie, so different criteria). McInnes, Macrae, Henry and Poulter all seem up to it. McCreery and Ginnivan are good as well. But even 6 for a draft class is a lot.

McMahon to me hasn't shown anything. Sure, he's kicked a few bags at VFL level but he's inconsistent and undersized. With the amount of forwards we now have, I don't see him getting a game any time soon. His career is going to depend on this year a lot as he needs exposure in the VFL to cement a spot on the list. AFL is off the charts.

McInnes, a first round draftee is an exciting NGA talent who probably should have got a game this season. Unlucky not to but injuries and Covid are to blame. I like McInnes and he reminds me a lot of Quaynor.

McCreery's concern is injury. Few unlucky ones. When fit he's great but if this year's anything to go by, he's a vulnerability.

Reckon Geelong's going to have their eye on Henry so something to be mindful of.

Poulter may also want a return to Adelaide but he seems chilled and spent Year 12 living away from home to prepare for the AFL so I'm less phased.

Out of the 2020 class, the ones unlikely to get another contract are Chugg and McMahon.

We'll be assessing this haul long into the future as Henry determines the impact of Treloar and McInnes, McMahon and a percentage of Daicos vs. GWS pick two will certainly keep analysts wondering 'what if'.

IF all good enough they will be still on the list though most likelt be at least 2-3 that won't make it

I do doubt on Chugg but we not seen enough of McMahon yet and Skinny Talls can take a Few Years to come good.

Poulter might go home but I only think that would Happen IF not in the Best 22 or Falling Out of with the Club. Both Very Doubtful

IF all good enough they will be still on the list though most likelt be at least 2-3 that won't make it

I do doubt on Chugg but we not seen enough of McMahon yet and Skinny Talls can take a Few Years to come good.

Poulter might go home but I only think that would Happen IF not in the Best 22 or Falling Out of with the Club. Both Very Doubtful
Look at statistics about the average stay of 3 years. McMahon and Chugg are my picks for being delisted. But 6 players lasting 4-5 years ... unlikely.

Ive seen nothing that Poulter is homesick. Now dating a girl from melb. He is settled. I wouldn't worry about him.

Ive seen nothing that Poulter is homesick. Now dating a girl from melb. He is settled. I wouldn't worry about him.
He seems to be very mature. In terms of off-field incidents, there's been little from the draft class of 2020. Hopefully, it continues.

He seems to be very mature. In terms of off-field incidents, there's been little from the draft class of 2020. Hopefully, it continues.
Yeah, the 2020 class seem to be all nice boys. Even Tatts McCreery lol I don't think in terms off-field, we'll have any issues.

Yeah, the 2020 class seem to be all nice boys. Even Tatts McCreery lol I don't think in terms off-field, we'll have any issues.
Tatts McCreery 😂. Tattoo count at Collingwood needs to have a few more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Ruscoe has added more to his up in perth this off season haha.

We must be the most player tatts club in the league
Only have 10 players with ink. Full list is here.

Richmond and WCE would have more due to premierships.

Best comparison, best case scenario is that McMahon is like Larkey... tall and skinny later draft pick but by age 22 it all starts to come together. Fingers crossed.

I have my doubts. That’s why there should be several young KPP developing on the list at the same time.

McMahon, Kelly, Keane, Begg... Krueger now. Unless they gravitate towards a mature age option like Hammelmann ... I still think we are 1-2 195cm, under 23 KPP players short

Hawks did this under GW... drafted several late pick talls in Mitch Lewis, Jeka, Kositchke... and still took Callow in the MSD. Probably only 2 of those make it long term... but that’s why you need several

Nope. Tasmania deserves its own identity, not the identity of North Melbourne. Tasmanians are making it very clear the state is not a franchise dumping ground.

Tasmanians need to recognise that they are the arse end of the AFL landscape and weakest football state by far so they'll have to take what they can get. To be honest we're probably not looking at a long term viable and even moderately successful team unless things change drastically down there, as AFL House cannot afford to be directly propping up a third expansion team.

It's not even close now that NT (who were previously lagging well behind) have been getting some development $$$ into grass roots and local footy, so they (Tassie) will need to swallow their pride and accept a team however it ends up getting down there, if it happens at all.

Best comparison, best case scenario is that McMahon is like Larkey... tall and skinny later draft pick but by age 22 it all starts to come together. Fingers crossed.

I have my doubts. That’s why there should be several young KPP developing on the list at the same time.

McMahon, Kelly, Keane, Begg... Krueger now. Unless they gravitate towards a mature age option like Hammelmann ... I still think we are 1-2 195cm, under 23 KPP players short

Hawks did this under GW... drafted several late pick talls in Mitch Lewis, Jeka, Kositchke... and still took Callow in the MSD. Probably only 2 of those make it long term... but that’s why you need several
Koschitzke and one of them. Jeka hasn't performed at AFL, Callow too soon to tell and Lewis hasn't set the world on fire. They're young and I agree we need more KPP.

Kreuger is a forward, Kelly is unknown and keeps changing, Keane is a defender, Begg is also a defender and McMahon is a forward. Hammelmann is 25 but he's had the VFL exposure to play right now. Charlie Dean is younger in terms of defence.

Forward-wise, we've got Kreuger, AJ and potentially Hammelmann. That mix paired with Elliott, Cameron and Mihocek ... there's going to be some selection headaches. I've always thought Mihocek could swing down back. Potentially.

Tasmanians need to recognise that they are the arse end of the AFL landscape and weakest football state by far so they'll have to take what they can get. To be honest we're probably not looking at a long term viable and even moderately successful team unless things change drastically down there, as AFL House cannot afford to be directly propping up a third expansion team.

It's not even close now that NT (who were previously lagging well behind) have been getting some development $$$ into grass roots and local footy, so they (Tassie) will need to swallow their pride and accept a team however it ends up getting down there, if it happens at all.
Tasmania has all the support they need for an AFL team. They have long-term fans, they have existing clubs who can take a step back and be replaced, they are not the weakest state. They have provided AFL talent, fans will go to matches ... the AFL doesn't need to support them: the money and the fans are already there. The State Government is the one paying the AFL, not the other way round. There's money in grassroots football but what is lacking is a team. People know that to be good, you have to travel. If you get a team in Tasmania, the fans will come out. Essendon v Hawthorn at UTAS Stadium was something special and I don't even like Essendon. Collingwood v Hawthorn ... a pre-season match ... sold out. Fans are there.

Anyone who says a team in a population of 500,000 can't be successful, look at the Green Bay Packers, population 300,000. Green Bay is the most successful franchise second only to Tom Brady.

How many more reviews before the AFL wakes up? It's a money-guaranteed location any day of the week as the whole state will jump on the bandwagon like they do with the Hurricanes, JackJumpers, literally every sports team that is Tasmanian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back