Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What makes this funnier is they could probably use a Will Brodie right now to cover for the loss of Greenwood haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really sure why North want a 30 year old B grade inside mid though. At their stage of a rebuild I'd prefer to be giving his game time to the kids
He's just taking minutes away from all the mids they need to develop.

Noble trying to make sure he's not a casualty of a successful rebuild here I'd say.

Greenwood has actually done the Suns really dirty here

He has agreed in good faith to be delisted to help out the club and then turned his back on them
He's got a history of Shafting teams that he's contracted to. Ask the Wildcats.

There should be more to this story.

North knows he would cost nothing but cap space, Greenwood's manager knows he will work anywhere for maximum dollars, so if North put an offer to them with better terms and a phone call with Gold Coast suggests that the Suns are comfortable at the terms previously agreed to then off he goes.

I'm glad it happened. Realistically Greenwood needs to get as much as he can in the short window left to him.

He's got a history of Shafting teams that he's contracted to. Ask the Wildcats.
How?
Maybe wildcats offer was inferior. Adelaide didn’t give him a solid offer for his age and experience, hence why he left. Adelaide offered both Crouch brothers hefty contracts and look at them now.
Delisted because Gold Coast want to use the Draft Pick system to their advantage has nothing to do with him.

z8uSB77-d5iPlLN0yyUH8GIc20k=.gif

I know it's some pot calling a kettle black type stuff but seriously, they are one of the most inept sporting organisations ever in Australia. It's mind blowing how bad they are
I seriously don’t get why they would have delisted Greenwood of all players. They gave Rory Atkins a 4 year, 400k (I think) deal 12 months ago, who played mostly in the NEAFL this season (8 afl games…). If you’re delisting someone to pick them back up, surely you go with Atkins as it’d be frankly a bonus if someone took him

Greenwood has actually done the Suns really dirty here

He has agreed in good faith to be delisted to help out the club and then turned his back on them

North allegedly pulled up with a too good to refuse offer but geez thats rough on GC
North could've drafted him with their last selection anyway. Itd be before the selection the suns were planning to use on him.

North could've drafted him with their last selection anyway. Itd be before the selection the suns were planning to use on him.
Yeah but that rarely happens without a player consent anymore, hasn't since I think Banfield in 2013?

If Greenwood says no then North likely don't take him at his $$ contract

You can't really blame him for taking extra $$ and years but it is a bit of a backstab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back