Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

the 3 partisan hacks on the court just vote lockstep whatever position the democrats want them to - regardless of what the constitution might dictate. Check out Justice Sotomayors lies to try and justify why she wanted the mandate to hold up

That at least two others - the Czech player and another official — came into the country on an exemption with zero fanfare is an absolute matter of fact.

So either border force are corrupt and let at least two tennis people into the country illegally (highly unlikely), or the federal government stepped in while Novak was in transit, after they perceived a public backlash to his announcement that he was coming.

Which is it?

Well you don’t need to answer that. It was scenario two.
I don't know how the other people got in - and if I was in charge, I'd be wanting a full investigation / report on what happened with them, and also Djokovic.

But whatever did happen with the others, that doesn't change Djokovic's situation...

....Which, you know, might also be impacted by having a high social media profile and having publicly declared your vax status / attitude.

I hope they will only be 360 peak, but they will need to start slowing down very soon.

Current 246.
Doubled in the last 8 days, as were 123 on 6th January.
4x in last 14 days

So even if it doubled again in only another 10 days (assume another 2 days slowing) we would be at 500.

We would be at 360 beds in another 5 days at the current rate... so will need to peak very soon.
Happy Australia Day...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

the 3 partisan hacks on the court just vote lockstep whatever position the democrats want them to - regardless of what the constitution might dictate. Check out Justice Sotomayors lies to try and justify why she wanted the mandate to hold up

As distinct from the 6 partisan hacks who vote lockstep whatever position the Republicans want them to - regardless of what the constitution might dictate?

The US Justice system is screwed, given that the highest court in the land just gets stacked by whichever party happens to be in power when one of the incumbents kicks the bucket (Reps & Dems equally guilty). The Australian system, which doesn't result in a politically charged High Court, is infinitely better.

I don't know how the other people got in - and if I was in charge, I'd be wanting a full investigation / report on what happened with them, and also Djokovic.

They got in because their exemptions were legitimate!

You are looking for an answer that doesn’t exist. The answer is this is entirely political. I know it’s not nice to think this sort of stuff can happen here, but this is the reality.

What people don’t understand is the political power the scumbag ministers who oversee this stuff have. They basically have the power to step in and play God whenever it is politically convenient for them. FFS, they have the power to overrule the federal court.

They very rarely do it, because why would they? We have a system in place at the border. We have courts which make decisions and most of them don’t have any bearing on the political standing of the government.

Trust me. This thing is 100% about how it makes the Morrison Government look.

It has zero, less than zero, to do with Novak’s paperwork.

Vader thinks voting for people to make their own medical decisions makes you a partisan hack. How demented can you get.
Vader doesn't know much about how the US Supreme Court has also voted either going by his very ill informed post

Edit. When he looks up how many times Roberts has sided with the left wing judges he should head off with his tail between his legs. It would be a nice exercise for him to then look at how many times the 3 democrat appointed judges have sided with the Republican appointed ones to come to decisions versus the republican ones siding with the democrat ones to come to decide outcomes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soooo….Novax has to go back to court. Pun intended.
So here we go for the next round...

How much is all of this going to end up costing the taxpayer?

Daily RAT would be cheaper...

That wasn’t abuse son.

It’s so weird how people refuse to accept that these shots are just not doing what was promised under a year ago.

The level of cope is almost pyschotic. No other product would be defended like this, let alone a big pharma one.
Thanks for the non abusive response. And I agree with you that the shots are not doing exactly what they promised they'd do! But my questions to you are these:
1) Do you think that the vaccination, from the beginning, have done nothing to stop or minimise the contagion and the severity?
2) Do you think that the world should have left the virus run rampant? ( Even though according to you it has done so by default, as the vaccines have done nothing to stop it).
3) What precautions if any would you put in place to control this pandemic?

As an extra, my views on the reason that it is not a good idea to allow unvaccinated health workers back on the job is because of the possibility that they may contract the virus, and not been vaccinated, they could get very sick. While the vaccinated and asymptomatic, while they could pass the virus on, if working with people already infected, the end result will not be too grave. ( By the way, I do not agree with asking or demanding that sick people get back to work. Mainly because they have to travel and there is more chance of spreading the virus )

NSW currently have 11.5% of their hospital beds filled with covid patients... the next state Victoria has 6.4%. Both opened up around the same time, but NSW relaxed more restrictions when doing so & has since put some back as the numbers have spiralled out of control.

At current rates, NSW by Australia Day could have more than 20% of covid patients in hospital beds, more than double any other state.

We knew we had to open up, but to remove many restrictions before observing the let in rip strategy wasn't the wisest move...

hospital system will be fine. It’s self correcting. Will be working at its most efficient in decades. Relax, take a breath, they’ve got this. We’ve trusted them absolutely to this point, don’t jump off now.

The Gov gonna lose this Novax debacle. Going with the health concerns which with number of Covid cases is ridiculous.

Should be going with the fact he’s simply a campaigner for trying to cheat his way into the country by lying and for being a campaigner in general for trying to infect unsuspecting children when he knew he was positive…and then lied about that as well. Lololol

oh, and also because his parents went all ballistic fcken batshit crazy talking about Novax being the symbol of the free world and shit bahahaha.

He broke the law.

If he loses round 2, he pays costs?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
If he wins, the taxpayer pays.

If he loses, Tennis Australia pays.

Either way, Australia now pays...

Good to see a decision made.

Mind you the government doing it at 6pm on a Friday - seems consistent. The cynic suggests deliberate and nasty response from the government with the timing of the announcement.

Now Novax will appeal and might not get deported. A lot to play out still.
If the Govt has cancelled his Visa ....and TA continue to allow him to play, all hell will break loose .....IMO Tilley's job is already gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back