The Ashes. Fifth Test Australia v England @ Blundstone Arena, Hobart, 14-18 January 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Roach and Gabriel can stay fit and Holder shows us why he’s one of the best allrounders in the world. The batting on the other hand…

I’ve given up on our batting. I thought Bonner and Mayers, plus Blackwood and Brathwaite kind of regaining some form MAY have been a bit of a turning point but it hasn’t happened. Doesn’t help that Dowrich hasn’t played as he had built up quite a good 3-4 year body of work.

Gabriel is nearly done but between he, Roach, Holder, Seales, Chemar Holder and Joseph, I hope we can show a bit next summer

Warner now 14 dismissed by Broad. 5 more from 19 for all time
Yes but he has played him in 49 different innings and bowled at him every single time since it is opening bowler to opening bat. It's actually pretty low really, considering it is one of the more prolific rivalries ever.

This place is full.of imbeciles they way they critique a player of one test or even an innings.
Some on here would have Steve Waugh gone as he didn't score a century for 26 tests, over 3 years.
The vitriol would have been extreme.

Ended with 32 hundreds and 46 half centuries @ over 51 average over 168 tests and 260 innings. One of the most ruthless captains ever for Australia.
Yeah but but Warnie called him selfish.

This place is full.of imbeciles they way they critique a player of one test or even an innings.
Some on here would have Steve Waugh gone as he didn't score a century for 26 tests, over 3 years.
The vitriol would have been extreme.

Ended with 32 hundreds and 46 half centuries @ over 51 average over 168 tests and 260 innings. One of the most ruthless captains ever for Australia.

Look that is a fair point but the people who followed cricket at that stage were also vastly different in their conditioning - they grew up in an era where there were barely any alternatives. Waugh was certainly a great player no argument there but he was lucky in that there was simply nobody better to knock him out of the equation

I’ve given up on our batting. I thought Bonner and Mayers, plus Blackwood and Brathwaite kind of regaining some form MAY have been a bit of a turning point but it hasn’t happened. Doesn’t help that Dowrich hasn’t played as he had built up quite a good 3-4 year body of work.

Gabriel is nearly done but between he, Roach, Holder, Seales, Chemar Holder and Joseph, I hope we can show a bit next summer
You going to keep an eye on the U19s to see what's coming through for down the track?

He has a terrible record against them and averages less than 30 vs WI if you remove his century in a meaningless day 5 innings in Sydney after 3 days had been washed out.

We are shithouse but we have a good pace attack
‘We’ as in Australia are shithouse?

How are we possibly shithouse?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but he has played him in 49 different innings and bowled at him every single time since it is opening bowler to opening bat. It's actually pretty low really, considering it is one of the more prolific rivalries ever.
Yes, when you're an opening bat facing an opening bowler over 49 then you'd expect the bowler to get him many times. The only time he has been Broad's bunny was through the 2019 Ashes.

Braithwaite has been a major disappointment, and I had expected more from Chase and Hope but they haven’t gone on with it. It will never happen but I’d love to see what Pollard could do coming in at 5 and captaining the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back