Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You might be right, but right now that’s not the case. Your younger players who you say will overtake them could potentially amount to nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No chance, i'd have most of them already over them. It'll happen slower purely because the quicker it happens the worse for chucking them in the waters ig you can say and resting players with the fact they aren't fully developed yet and maybe not ready for a full midfield role at an early age.

Yeah, buttox and I put together our respective best 22’s and with the absence of a Crows poster doing theirs I posted the zero hanger one with the caveat that it may be wrong, and you’re apparently upset that I said they’ve got more older players than I thought that they had and that their midfield is a concern.

Since then a number of crows fans have posted that their rebuild of the middle is still a work in progress, but you’re having a tizz.

Mate, I’m not sure why you keep going with ‘triggered’ or in a ‘tizz’ comments. It’s a footy forum and we’re both having a discussion about footy. All my posts have been in a placid manner, so I’m not sure why you keep going down that path.

My initial response was to your post that Adelaide’s midfield was ‘old.’ You knew full well that the best 22 you put up could have been inaccurate and you didn’t put any consideration into the rest of their list, as well as admitting you didn’t know their list that well. Coming from a Hawthorn supporter, who has been trying to convince others that you have young talent (very little appeared in Hawthorn’s Zero hanger best 22), I found it strange you didn’t give Adelaide the same consideration.

Mate, I’m not sure why you keep going with ‘triggered’ or in a ‘tizz’ comments. It’s a footy forum and we’re both having a discussion about footy. All my posts have been in a placid manner, so I’m not sure why you keep going down that path.

My initial response was to your post that Adelaide’s midfield was ‘old.’ You knew full well that the best 22 you put up could have been inaccurate and you didn’t put any consideration into the rest of their list, as well as admitting you didn’t know their list that well. Coming from a Hawthorn supporter, who has been trying to convince others that you have young talent (very little appeared in Hawthorn’s Zero hanger best 22), I found it strange you didn’t give Adelaide the same consideration.

By Crows fans own admission they don’t have mids to push into that 22. They’ve got some that they hope will, but that’s about that at this stage.

If they did, they’d have put them forward and said “take this player out and put this player in”, but that didn’t happen did it?

So my thoughts on where a lot of these barely exposed players sit currently is completely in line with where Crows fans see them too.

You’re the only one who thinks there best 22 breakdown should have included a bunch of youngsters that have barely played.

By Crows fans own admission they don’t have mids to push into that 22. They’ve got some that they hope will, but that’s about that at this stage.

If they did, they’d have put them forward and said “take this player out and put this player in”, but that didn’t happen did it?

So my thoughts on where a lot of these barely exposed players sit currently is completely in line with where Crows fans see them too.

You’re the only one who thinks there best 22 breakdown should have included a bunch of youngsters that have barely played.

Barely anyone has agreed with one post you have put up in the last few pages. Show me something that correlates with what you have been preaching, apart from Dom who thinks James Cousins won Ben Cousins Brownlow?

Hawthorn have got 1 young mid who has ‘exposed’ form, but apparently you have a number of young mids coming through (no exposed form). But for some reason, (even with you admitting you don’t know their list well) Adelaide’s young talent doesn’t seem to be on par with Hawthorn’s with no exposed form. I think you need to take a deeper look and not let bias get in the way.

I never said their ‘best 22’ should be any different to whatever it was. Again, (you seem to struggle with this concept) you evaluate the whole list, not what is just in front of you.

Last edited:
Barely anyone has agreed with one post you have put up in the last few pages. Show me something that correlates with what you have been preaching, apart from Dom who thinks James Cousins won Ben Cousins Brownlow?

Hawthorn have got 1 young mid who has ‘exposed’ form, but apparently you have a number of young mids coming through (no exposed form). But for some reason, (even with you admitting you don’t know their list well) Adelaide’s young talent doesn’t seem to be on par with Hawthorn’s with no exposed form. I think you need to take a deeper look and not let bias get in the way.

I never said their ‘best 22’ should be any different to whatever it was. Again, (you seem to struggle with this concept) you evaluate the whole list, not what is just in front of you.

I am actually worried about you.
We weren't evaluating the entire list. We colour-coded a best 22.

We didn't do an entire list breakdown for North, nor Hawks, so why are you carrying on about not doing it for the Crows?

Here is just one post from a Crows fan agreeing that there's concern around their midfield as it's a work in progress.
Yes, I posted similar on the what concerns you most thread.

An opposition poster was concerned about our defence after the loss of Talia (who missed the whole season), & i mentioned our defence looks the area of the ground which is most solid... & the future midfield rebuild is the area of most concern. We have drafted in plenty of young talent, but apart from Schoenberg, its a great unknown at this stage.

No chance, i'd have most of them already over them. It'll happen slower purely because the quicker it happens the worse for chucking them in the waters ig you can say and resting players with the fact they aren't fully developed yet and maybe not ready for a full midfield role at an early age.

There is still no guarantee they will make it, with next to no exposed form. They don’t always develop and they’re often never ready.

McEvoy 32
Shiels 30
Mitchell 28
Wingard 28
O’meara 27
Howe 26

Not too bad if you were contending. Terrible at the very start of a rebuild.

McEvoy and Shiels are on the way out, and shouldn't be playing IMO. Howe is a depth option, I don't believe that he will be a regular feature of the side.

Mitchell, Wingard and JOM are all very good players. The top-up plan hasn't worked, but those three still have 3/4 or so years of good football left. It will hardly be an issue if Worpel, Newcombe, Nash, Maginess, Ward and MacDonald continue to develop.

I am actually worried about you.
We weren't evaluating the entire list. We colour-coded a best 22.

We didn't do an entire list breakdown for North, nor Hawks, so why are you carrying on about not doing it for the Crows?

Here is just one post from a Crows fan agreeing that there's concern around their midfield as it's a work in progress.

Are you being serious?

Over the last few weeks we have been comparing overall lists. I don’t give a f**k about your colour code crap that compares players 5 years apart. It’s the most idiotic thing I have ever come across.

We have been breaking down lists so much that we have been arguing Jeka and Comben play some sort of part in this conversation. They have done literally nothing on field, but it hasn’t stopped opposing teams thinking they’re the next messiah.

We have literally been comparing forward lines, midfields, Defence and now you decide to move the goal posts to best 22…… Seriously

McEvoy and Shiels are on the way out, and shouldn't be playing IMO. Howe is a depth option, I don't believe that he will be a regular feature of the side.

Mitchell, Wingard and JOM are all very good players. The top-up plan hasn't worked, but those three still have 3/4 or so years of good football left. It will hardly be an issue if Worpel, Newcombe, Nash, Maginess, Ward and MacDonald continue to develop.

It’s still all ‘if’s’ though isn’t it, with very little exposed form? Basically every single club has as much talent as that midfield group coming through. Two of them got drafted a couple of months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you being serious?

Over the last few weeks we have been comparing overall lists. I don’t give a f**k about your colour code crap that compares players 5 years apart. It’s the most idiotic thing I have ever come across.

We have been breaking down lists so much that we have been arguing Jeka and Comben play some sort of part in this conversation. They have done literally nothing on field, but it hasn’t stopped opposing teams thinking they’re the next messiah.

We have literally been comparing forward lines, midfields, Defence and now you decide to move the goal posts to best 22…… Seriously

You literally stepped into a discussion where Buttrox and I were breaking down our best 22's and colour coding the players. You stepped into that on the basis of a Zero Hanger best 22, as you got offended on Adelaide's behalf for whatever reason 😂.

I can't help if you want to flip out that we didn't do an entire list of 40 players, but we were never doing that so that's your issue.

It’s still all ‘if’s’ though isn’t it, with very little exposed form? Basically every single club has as much talent as that midfield group coming through. Two of them got drafted a couple of months ago.

Yeah I'm not suggesting otherwise. The only one on that list that has proven that they are a good AFL midfielder is Worpel, and IMO he's not going to be leading us to the promised land. He's a second or third option in a strong midfield unit.

Nash and Newcombe have shown that they can play good football - admittedly that's been in three games for Nash and only a few for Newcombe, so who knows if they can keep that up. But at least they've set a standard for themselves now.

I think Ward will be a sure bet to be a gun, but I'm a fanboii.

You literally stepped into a discussion where Buttrox and I were breaking down our best 22's and colour coding the players. You stepped into that on the basis of a Zero Hanger best 22, as you got offended on Adelaide's behalf for whatever reason .

I can't help if you want to flip out that we didn't do an entire list of 40 players, but we were never doing that so that's your issue.

All I stepped into was you saying Adelaide’s midfield is ‘old.’ If you base your opinion off someone else’s best 22, without analysing a list then you have NFI what you’re talking about.

It’s not about who you were posting with, it’s about what you posted with such little uniformed substance.

There is still no guarantee they will make it, with next to no exposed form. They don’t always develop and they’re often never ready.

At this stage of their careers, McEvoy and Shiels mainly, there would be most people who could do better. Shiels can still pull out some good games but he's also had some shocking games last year, like genuine shockers. McEvoy aswell, McEvoy has two clear players who will replace him and have shown atleast something at AFL level which is usually in indication, one of them will likely be the main ruck next year while Macca is FWD.

Shiels is easily replaceable, you can pick 1 mid out of 5 or more that are vying for the spot.

Okay okay, James Cousins is jesus but outside of that you have no case :)

All I stepped into was you saying Adelaide’s midfield is ‘old.’ If you base your opinion off someone else’s best 22, without analysing a list then you have NFI what you’re talking about.

It’s not about who you were posting with, it’s about what you posted with such little uniformed substance.

No, this is what triggered you.

“Didn't realise they had so many older players, and that Sloane was 32 already.”

It’s super cool that you’ve carried on about such an offensive comment. 😂

Last edited:
No, this is what triggered you.

“Didn't realise they had so many older players, and that Sloane was 32 already.”

It’s super cool that you’ve carried on about such an offensive comment.

‘carried on’

Trying to teach a simpleton how to do football would be more accurate.

If their midfield is old, yours is ancient.

Rabbit Hole Nbc GIF by SVU

‘carried on’

Trying to teach a simpleton how to do football would be more accurate.

If their midfield is old, yours is ancient.

Nutjob, you’ve been carrying on for at least two pages, all because of a comment about the Crows list having more older players than I thought they had.

If you think that’s you teaching footy, your account name is apt.

Nutjob, you’ve been carrying on for at least two pages, all because of a comment about the Crows list having more older players than I thought they had.

If you think that’s you teaching footy, your account name is apt.

Haha, I have just been replying to your comments just like you have been replying to mine. How in anyway have I been ‘carrying’ on anymore than you? We have literally gone back and forth. We are on a footy forum discussing footy ffs.

Hopefully school goes back soon young lad.

Adelaide has 1 actually old midfielder, that being Sloane. But he's nowhere near our best, just look at our BnF. He was drawn 10th with McHenry, our top 2 were Keays and Laird both who have comfortably overtaken him at this point. If Schoenberg played the entire year in midfield he probably would've polled higher also. I don't think age is a big problem with our midfield if our arguably 3 best currently are only 28, 24 and 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back