Training Pre Season 21/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep Ross is neither fast nor an elite runner - for the wing you need both
Wrong on both counts.

Runs a 2.95sec 20m sprint and it was reported by one of the coaches, Kingsley I believe that Ross had graduated over the summer into one of the best runners at the club and was now on the top 3 or 4...those are the facts...

Edit: it was actually McQualter on Coaches Corner featuring Jack Ross 25/2/22. Said Jack had made massive improvements in his running and gone from a "mid pack runner to right at the front, winning several trials". Also said he'd had a superb preseason.

Expect to see him line up on the wing, as he has in the practice matches.

Last edited:

I think our game plan revolves around one pure winger (Macca). The other plays as a defensive mid - thus Ross and Aarts, and you see Caddy and other mids lining up there at the bounces. Perhaps people attending on Thu night can confirm the running patterns of that 'other' winger.

Noticeable in2020 if you watch the big finals enough that Pickett was obviously guarding the exit on the fat side. So if it’s in our fwd half you could see him top of screen working hard to make that backwards and across kick dangerous for the oppo. Assume Macca did the same when the ball was on the other side.
And our favourite small forward also did it all game long. Guarding space ain’t sexy.

Wrong on both counts.

Runs a 2.95sec 20m sprint and it was reported by one of the coaches, Kingsley I believe that Ross had graduated over the summer into one of the best runners at the club and was now on the top 3 or 4...those are the facts...

Edit: it was actually McQualter on Coaches Corner featuring Jack Ross 25/2/22. Said Jack had made massive improvements in his running and gone from a "mid pack runner to right at the front, winning several trials". Also said he'd had a superb preseason.

Expect to see him line up on the wing, as he has in the practice matches.
Stop. U r making too much sense and providing facts. that’s not how it works on this site. U should be given a warning by mods.

pickett, we dont play him at our peril.
I love Pickett, but given everyone knocks Ross's foot skills I can only assume those same posters acknowledge that Pickett is possibly the worst kick in the AFL?

Anyone think Cumberland is a sneaky chance to take the spot of Castagna this season?
Not straight up, Dimma loves him and rates his team first focus
I’m not a massive George fan but he’s preseason form has been solid
Reckon we’ll see Cumberland some time this year, maybe early if he puts the runs on the board in the VFL. Exciting talent

I love Pickett, but given everyone knocks Ross's foot skills I can only assume those same posters acknowledge that Pickett is possibly the worst kick in the AFL?
Really?

Looked pretty good in the 2019 GF and plenty of times since.

Champion Data had Shaun Higgins as the worst kick in the AFL last year and given how silky he is if he is better than him he is going ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pickett, we dont play him at our peril.
He has to come in and take Mac's spot. The other wing will probably be a combo of players like Ross and Edwards, Bolton, Castagna maybe. Ross has spend equal time on the wing and in the middle so you would assume he will do the same. Hugo might have had a chance but with Vlas out will probably play half back.

Stack might even get a gig off the bench considering he was a standout last weekend on the wing. But that would mean perhaps not playing Aarts, and you know that won't happen.

Caro on Footy Class.
She says it will be our year.
I met her briefly the other day, she was very friendly.
Both her and my families are in media, 44 years.
She started at the Herald as a cadet in 1978.
Why doesn't your Brother Kane like us Chad?

why the worst? Because he naturally floats them?

I like him kicking to space in our forward line, he gets the forwards coming to the ball

Really?

Looked pretty good in the 2019 GF and plenty of times since.

Champion Data had Shaun Higgins as the worst kick in the AFL last year and given how silky he is if he is better than him he is going ok.
why the worst? Because he naturally floats them?

I like him kicking to space in our forward line, he gets the forwards coming to the ball

He peaked in game one, we all agree on that surely? I am not even saying I dont rate him as an all round player but his kicking his atrocious. Continually turns it over by foot, under pressure, no pressure, minimal pressure, he is horrendous by foot.

He peaked in game one, we all agree on that surely? I am not even saying I dont rate him as an all round player but his kicking his atrocious. Continually turns it over by foot, under pressure, no pressure, minimal pressure, he is horrendous by foot.
I really like him in the team, brings hardness, hurts the opposition, but doesn't get himself rubbed out in the act

Remove this Banner Ad

Back