No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depends on what you consider a gun. There's a some pretty good players on that list. Riewoldt is a gun, love him or hate him.
Forgot him - he’s still getting on a bit. My point is that worrying about losing Tassie players isn’t really an issue as the AFL Tas have completely stuffed what had been a pretty consistent stream of quality out of the state.

What do you mean, the council isn’t getting in our way…
Richmond are getting 35 million funding. Cats probably got 140 million. We are poor but honest minnows. Pity Dingley isn't in a marginal area politically and Jeff and Dan don't see eye to eye. What's another 50 million for vital community infrastructure in an election year?

Richmond are getting 35 million funding. Cats probably got 140 million. We are poor but honest minnows. Pity Dingley isn't in a marginal area politically and Jeff and Dan don't see eye to eye. What's another 50 million for vital community infrastructure in an election year?
Dingley was allocated money in last budget

BHCO getting commited funds from State and Feds of both parties

Meant it as a joke sorry, because we are the most successful team of the modern era

I agree more funding would be nice but I hate the cats but Geelong is basically a local footy club the size of tassie, it’s a good investment - mcg funding is always easily justified.

Dingleys funding will take a while to trickle in but every 5 years depending on the success in the area we should get more / dingley still has 10 years to stop being dingley haha

Newcombe set a price on his head that only Hawthorn was prepared to meet. There was speculation that Hawthorn would take him with its second pick in last year's mid-season draft because it was unlikely that other clubs would agree to Newcombe's terms (whereas Hawthorn had agreed to his terms). Another club (Sydney, from recollection) arced up about it so Hawthorn took him with its first pick in the mid-season draft.

What’s stupid is the player in question is better off for it, no pressure of a new contract 6 months later and the assurance of time to develop for AFL - now his a *in gun but the same would be great for any player coming into the system.

I swear afl house just do things that always backfire it’s actually quite amazing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newcombe set a price on his head that only Hawthorn was prepared to meet. There was speculation that Hawthorn would take him with its second pick in last year's mid-season draft because it was unlikely that other clubs would agree to Newcombe's terms (whereas Hawthorn had agreed to his terms). Another club (Sydney, from recollection) arced up about it so Hawthorn took him with its first pick in the mid-season draft.
If it was in fact Sydney that arced up about it then I find it pretty rich seeming they have been the leaders in exploiting every single loophole from COLA all the way through to bandying up every low draft pick they have to match bids for academy kids that every other club doesn't have access to. I mean that's not enough so the stains want Poowong too but I say f**kem!

I must admit though that a lot of my anger towards them left my body after this moment 😚

cic8k.gif

Josh Caddy retired.... good riddance flog

Poor old WCE still getting smashed through covid protocols.
Somebody must have kicked a black cat 🐈‍⬛ because they are having a terrible run.
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back