Autopsy I swear there was a patch of footy where we hit like 8 short kicks in a row in the third quarter - Autopsy vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand we do quite a bit of running, and GPS data would probably confirm it, but i reckon most of it would be chasing opposition with the ball.

Do we even know what overlap running to attack is ? or sacrificial running to block, shepherd, or lead at the ball carrier to provide multiple options etc etc, i see very little evidence of this, if any at all.

I’d suggest that our overlap running ability is being seriously undermined by the regularity of our inexcusable turnovers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Turner kept Gray pretty quiet.

Agree with everything else FG but not this.

AA Robbie Gray would have had 36 and kicked 5 on Turner today and whilst he isn't that player anymore, 20 disposals was by far his most productive game this year (previous best 15) and also his highest ranking pts of the year.

Zoomba if you heard probably the best coach in recent times Clarko on AFL 360 this week he explained it quite well “ the definition of a rebuild” he went on to explain on how important it is to have those 6-8 more experienced senior players hanging on and showing the way to younger guys . Almost passing the Batton. He mentioned in 2005 player like Crawford & his older crew being critical in their rebuild .
Problem for us is that our experienced players are or plying like spuds . Corr , Walker , Sugar , Jack Z , Lmac ….
And we have a coach unable to improve this .
In fact our young kids are having more of a dip then those mentioned.
It's a very good point and can't be overlooked. The only good senior players we have are Hall, Goldy and Cunners. One of them is injured, one of them is declining, while the other one doesn't have much by way of a return timeline. LMac is an enigma, he should be leadership material and standing up every week but he's so damn mistake prone. There's definitely an issue with the senior core, and it'll probably fall onto some of the younger guys who show leadership traits (JHF if he sticks around, Simpkin, McKay) to help steer the ship, set the standard and guide the others. I hope they're up to it and I hope the coaching staff are aware of the deficiencies in our more experienced core

It's a very good point and can't be overlooked. The only good senior players we have are Hall, Goldy and Cunners. One of them is injured, one of them is declining, while the other one doesn't have much by way of a return timeline. LMac is an enigma, he should be leadership material and standing up every week but he's so damn mistake prone. There's definitely an issue with the senior core, and it'll probably fall onto some of the younger guys who show leadership traits (JHF if he sticks around, Simpkin, McKay) to help steer the ship, set the standard and guide the others. I hope they're up to it and I hope the coaching staff are aware of the deficiencies in our more experienced core
I think they’re aware. If mugs like us can see it surely highly paid professionals know our leaders are both s**t at leading and at football…had the acid put on them this week and only goldy and Turner gave any kind of response. I hate to say this out loud but I think Ziebell is a fraud at this point.

When we're viciously dismembered by 120+ next week I wonder if a coast to coast goal will keep the optimists satiated.

I understand picking out the crumbs of positivity in the burnt, stale, sodden, mouldy and regurgitated cake of a team we've become, I really do, but f*** me being at all satisfied after a 69 POINT LOSS loss really does illustrate the stunningly low depths we've fallen
to and how conditioned we've become to it.

Utterly depressing.

Last edited:
It's taken me a while to come to terms with it, but me posting the GD thread has been a disaster. There could be a correlation between me posting it and the result of the matches going in favour of the opposition.

I have to deal with this somehow. It's got to be more than coincidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's gold ppl think young should be dropped but don't mention Thomas or Stephenson

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I realise carrying mediocre talents week in, week out equals a disadvantage, but playing obviously unfit players is shackling the team with a lead weight.

Apart from kick a goal from 3 very gettable attempts, Thomas did very little and we are almost playing a player down from the get-go.

5th loss in a row over 50 points and it’s only round 9 and winter hasnt begun yet.

I seriously worry about the next 13 games.

Yes we have injuries, yes we are rebuilding but it’s at the point where I look at our list, our injuries and remaining fixtures and would rather forfeit than play these games.

Today was the earliest time ever that I had checked out of a North game.
There was no excitement, no prioritizing, no anticipation or nerves. Just felt nothing.

As I have said many times I hate everything about this club. The way we’re run, our poor off field choices, there’s just nothing to be proud of.

I look at Sonya Hood, Ben Amarfio and David Noble and sure they look like nice people, but none of them strike me as football people with the edge to implement a plan to get this club competitive again. I just hope that what they say they are going to do works but do they even have a plan?

We are tracking on par with the Neeld Melbourne team of 2013 which scares the s**t out of me. We just got smashed in the media and we responded with nothing. It meant nothing and I just believe Rawlings and Luff are escaping way too much criticism.

The whole joint stinks and is run by LinkdIN back scratchers who have professionally taken profile pics masquerading as esteemed professionals who seem totally out of their depth.

Last edited:
5th loss in a row over 50 points and it’s only round 9 and winter hasnt begun yet.

I seriously worry about the next 13 games.

Yes we have injuries, yes we are rebuilding but it’s at the point where I look at our list, our injuries and remaining fixtures and would rather forfeit than play these games.

Today was the earliest time ever that I had checked out of a North game.
There was no excitement, no prioritizing, no anticipation or nerves. Just felt nothing.

As I have said many times I hate everything about this club. The way we’re run, our poor off field choices, there’s just nothing to be proud of.

I look at Sonya Hood, Ben Amarfio and David Noble and sure they look like nice people, but none of them strike me as football people with the edge to implement a plan to get this club competitive again. I just hope that what they say they are going to do works but do they even have a plan?

We are tracking on par with the Neeld Melbourne team of 2013 which scares the s**t out of me. We just got smashed in the media and we responded with nothing. It meant nothing and I just believe Rawlings and Luff are escaping way much criticism.

The whole joint stinks and is run by LinkdIN back scratchers who have professionally taken profile pics masquerading as esteemed professional who seem totally out of their depth.
All 3 should be on thin ice, Sonya and Ben should be shown the door very soon, but wont happen.

All 3 should be on thin ice, Sonya and Ben should be shown the door very soon, but wont happen.
So, with Sonja, it's now day 60 of her stint as president. Are we aiming to replace her replacement by round 18? Go for a third one during the off season but a fourth by round 1 next year? Should we get serious about it and just have it rotating every fortnight til it correlates with a win?

It’s scary how pivotal Aaron Hall is to our offence. He’s turning 32 this year.

Port's calmness and composure under pressure to hit handball targets, even during tackles was a sight to see. Hit targets willingly by foot up the ground and inside 50. There's nothing really special about Port...they're a middle team. But they were switched on, they knew what they were doing and it showed.

and then you've got us.....hacking the ball up the ground like an auskick team.

Fun times :/

Yeah there were signs but seriously I expected a better response to the week we had as a club.

Something is not right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back