Review Freo Drowned in GC by Suns - Rd 9 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Horseshit. 19yr old crash and bash 3rd tall (will be CHF later) who come deep and links play. Usually has pretty sticky hands, but seems to firm up i50.

Was s**t today, for sure. But still pressured and fought hard in shocking conditions. Different player to Amiss, actually complements him massively.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

it doesn't matter the conditions, he consistently plays that.

he doesn't have sticky hands, i can't remember the last time he took a mark above his head.

Cox was just about our best player on ground in the first half and he gets pushed fwd after half time to try and offer a contest bc lobb and treacy offer nothing and all that ends up doing is taking away any impact he had on the game at all. Lovely coaching move.

if he’d done nothing you’d be critical…and we weren’t scoring

So the next time some of us say its a danger game (when it’s actually a danger game) can we not be labeled as Freo trauma sufferers? And pay a bit of respect to our opponents and the conditions.

Anyways, we got smashed in the contest and felt like we played too tall for wet weather footy. Missed Switta, Walters and Walker. But not much we can do with some of those outs.

Further recruiting of players for that monstrosity we label a forward-line is required. Jye Amiss looks to be an exceptional prospect, but if Rory Lobb was to depart, we'd be left with Joshua Treacy and Matthew Taberner as our "experienced" Key Forwards. Tabs is of the level, but Josh is not yet proficient. Food for thought.

The forward I50 entries have been a concern for a while now. Even last week against North too often there was too much kick and hope, but they didn't the cattle to combat it. Needs fixing if we're to be serious contenders.

That was one of the worst performances from a Freo team ever.

In fact, the whole team were so inexplicably bad that I'm willing to write it off as an aberration.

Burn the tape and let us never speak of this game again.
Wasn’t the worst. Just the entries inside 50s were so poor backed by the opportunistic Gold Coast who were so clean in their 50. Dirty game the whole 4 quarters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast were very good.

We don't have much quality up forward and the depth is shallow. We dominated early but we couldn't put scoreboard pressure on, then as they got on top our opportunities dried up. Credit to their backline too.

I think that was the difference, our offence was extremely poor.
Gold Coast should make finals, severely underrated. Their midfield are a contested rolling side. Just tackle and create. The last two weeks they’ve showed that.
Whilst our midfield is still so young and inexperienced. Been losing clearances most weeks but the defence held. Time to change it up. Tucker should never be in there, ever again this season. 11 disposals v Erasmus who had 12 off half forward. That’s pathetic. Time to bring in Fyfe to toughen up the clearances.

It's actually an offence to the noble ammos art of bombing it long to say we bombed it long.

We bombed it aimlessly, without thought, and without even looking.

Horseshit. 19yr old crash and bash 3rd tall (will be CHF later) who comes deep and links play. Usually has pretty sticky hands, but seems to firm up i50.

Was s**t today, for sure. But still pressured and fought hard in shocking conditions. Different player to Amiss, actually complements him massively.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think his hands have been sticky at all this year, and today he wasn't even halving the contest when given the opportunity, at half time it's a benefit of the doubt thing but surely someone in the coaching staff told him that during the break?

Outworked, outcoached, outplayed.

Last time we played like that Walker was out. JL had to pick Logue in a way and Logue was ok (although Chol was the best forward in the game) but Walker seems to complete the back 6. Could be coincidence but I think he has to play.

Banfield beats up on poor team with no pressure but offers nothing when the tempo goes up.

Lobb was useless in the wet. Darcy had little influence. Beaten by Witts.

We sorely missed Switta and Walters.

Its time for Sturt and at this stage I'm playing Amiss in front of Treacy as he has footy smarts. Treacy is a blunt instrument with good hands but doesn't seem to have much game sense.

Aish isn't suited to pure wing role. His inside 50 entries were poor, as were Acres'. Notice what happened when Walker came on and started kicking the ball at leading targets. Admittedly the heat had gone out but we suddenly looked to have purpose.

Hopefully we learn from it as we did with the Saints game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back