Who will win the 2022 Cheryl Kernot Award

Who will be the epic melter on election night for 2022??

• Frydenberg

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Wong

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Wilson

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Keneally

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Potatohead

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Lidia Thorpe

• Fiona Martin

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • A Random Sov Cit Cooker

• Craig Kelly

• Jane Hume

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Albanese

• Eric Abetz

• Nicole Flint

• Dave Sharma

• Drew Pavlov

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will we ever see someone go "full Kernot" again? That was such a delicious sequence of events that set up the melt:
  • Was leader of a minor party
  • A minor party whose main pitch was that they were not a major party (Keep the bastards honest)
  • Had a root with an ALP minister
  • Joined the ALP
  • Given the arse by her constituents
What would be the modern day equivalent?
  1. Pauline becoming a National after joining "Club Barnaby"?
  2. Bandt becoming ALP after a mean girls hummer?
Shitshow Scomo responding after getting punted would be worth the price of admission, but won't happen

In the interest of balance, I could see Adam Bandt having a stream of rightous indignation in him should he get punted, but that won't happen either.

Whilst not eligible as not a sitting member, that Deves woman might give some gold when she loses.

Brings us back to Frydo, but I think he's more likely just to have a little weep than give us a "Kernot".

Great idea for a thread! 🤣

Brings us back to Frydo, but I think he's more likely just to have a little weep than give us a "Kernot".

IMHO, it's delicious anytime an entrenched member loses their seat after taking their electorate for granted. It was great to see John Howard lose his seat. It was great to see Tony Abbott lose his seat. And if it happens... it will be great to see Josh Frydenberg lose his seat.

But I reckon Tim Wilson is more likely to have a meltdown. Frydenberg is still a player in politics behind the scenes. If he loses his seat, I reckon he'll be well looked after. Wilson on the other hand... doesn't seem to have any redeeming features. I can just imagine reality setting in.... "OMG, I'm going to have to get a real job!!! In a real office. With NO PRAYER ROOM!"

Cheryl famously melted on live TV after losing her seat, blaming the ALP for her complete failure.

So who will provide us with that entertainment on Saturday night???

to win they have to:

1) have a complete implode

2) turn on their own

3) be the first to do it

my money is on Frydo, guy is an utter glass jaw
If there was even a slim chance there was a God I would be praying so hard that Dutton got rolled there would be smoke coming off my knees, but alas Queensland is chock full of morons, so i hold only small hpe.
If there was a God, Dutton would be struck down by lightening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't be as exciting as a big name having a sook but Darren Bergwerf the cooker in Dunkley is sure to produce the goods come Saturday night.

a blanket catch all has been added

Back