Preview Round 15, 2022: Sydney v St.Kilda - SCG, Saturday 25th June, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Swans

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 25 42.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Sydney, the afl always looks the other way for them and shits on us. Thanks for gifting them our academy player hall - Kahan. I’d love to smack them this week and we’re a good chance imo.
He was never apart of our academy.

And picking someone up via the mid-season draft isnt a gift. Every club had the opportunity to participate in it.

He was never apart of our academy.

And picking someone up via the mid-season draft isnt a gift. Every club had the opportunity to participate in it.
Ok st kilda were refused permission to add him to our academy. And please don’t even start on Sydney being just a well run club blah blah, they have had more gifts than i care to remember. Blakey is just one example, how many sons of former saints are currently playing at other clubs because they didn’t reach the magic 100 games.

That system is an absolute joke there should have always been a method to even things up but no we have been dudded as per usual. Also it’s a gift when the afl refuse an eligible player permission to join our academy. Also isn’t it a bit past due that the golden child produce more that a Heaney or mills every so often and stop sniffing around our back yard.

Yep we have a fixture not a draw and the afl make s**t up as they go along always with a finger on the scale but yep it’s a level playing field.

Ok st kilda were refused permission to add him to our academy. And please don’t even start on Sydney being just a well run club blah blah, they have had more gifts than i care to remember. Blakey is just one example, how many sons of former saints are currently playing at other clubs because they didn’t reach the magic 100 games.

That system is an absolute joke there should have always been a method to even things up but no we have been dudded as per usual. Also it’s a gift when the afl refuse an eligible player permission to join our academy. Also isn’t it a bit past due that the golden child produce more that a Heaney or mills every so often and stop sniffing around our back yard.

Yep we have a fixture not a draw and the afl make s**t up as they go along always with a finger on the scale but yep it’s a level playing field.
We were refused access because never had him in our academy and only wanted to add him at the last minute so we could draft him.
Seems pretty fair that we weren’t allowed to

Last edited:
He's definitely elite at looking around pretending he's going to pass to a free player, then bombing it long to a three on one against us

Dougs is actually fine as a full back as long as he never gets stuck in a one-on-one, the ball never comes in quickly at all, and he never has to kick.

We had nothing to do with the kids development. It would be considered massively unfair if any other club tried to backdoor a kid into their academy at the last minute to draft them so we cant whinge because we weren't able to do it. Sydney had every right to take him in the mid-season draft. It's an open pool and they are allowed to take the player they rate the highest at their pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe so...dudded yes!.....But no one else got our colours...I say again just purely on an aesthetic perspective....Red White and Black on a verdant green field.....theres just nothing quite like it as a visual feast! I guess Es sodom and the Filth playing against each other....need i say more!

Just a question now, to anyone...if they were to re introduce zones as has been muted in some circles........should they give us what was our old zoning would that work for or against the SAINTS at this time in history...has our zone evolved..would it be productive?

Just wondering at the same time thinking how flippin lucky we are to have the magnificence of what no other club has ....us and the R.W.B.

Maybe so...dudded yes!.....But no one else got our colours...I say again just purely on an aesthetic perspective....Red White and Black on a verdant green field.....theres just nothing quite like it as a visual feast! I guess Es sodom and the Filth playing against each other....need i say more!

Just a question now, to anyone...if they were to re introduce zones as has been muted in some circles........should they give us what was our old zoning would that work for or against the SAINTS at this time in history...has our zone evolved..would it be productive?

Just wondering at the same time thinking how flippin lucky we are to have the magnificence of what no other club has ....us and the R.W.B.

Abolish all perversions of the draft including the father-son rule and all academies.

The one that shits me the most is Jake Bowey. Dad played 85 games and no doubt we were after him in the 2020 draft but Melbourne just pipped us.

Would definitely love to have Joel Jeffrey & Noah Anderson from GC as well.

Abolish all perversions of the draft including the father-son rule and all academies.
3JlWkZt.gif

The one that shits me the most is Jake Bowey. Dad played 85 games and no doubt we were after him in the 2020 draft but Melbourne just pipped us.

Would definitely love to have Joel Jeffrey & Noah Anderson from GC as well.
For the long term success of the club, once a player is relatively close to 100 games would be good if we got the there

But he wasn't. Can't cry foul that another club has someone whose development we had nothing to do with.

The whole world isn't out to get St Kilda.
It works for others. JUH was from Ballarat, he was hardly smashing the gym at the Kennel. GES players don’t even need be in the same state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back