Brownlow 2022 Brownlow Medal Discussion - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Who will be the 2022 Brownlow Medalist?

• Touk Miller

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • Andrew Brayshaw

Votes: 38 19.4%
  • Clayton Oliver

Votes: 36 18.4%
  • Patrick Cripps

Votes: 37 18.9%
  • Lachie Neale

Votes: 41 20.9%
  • Christian Petracca

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Connor Rozee

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeremy Cameron

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine winning a Brownlow due to a technically- how embarrassing for him and the league.
Well, his lawyer was able to win the appeal that he was unfairly suspended he wouldn't feel bad at all

The Brownlow is trash now, honestly it's always been a midfielders award but I reckon 10 years ago it was way more accurate..

Ollies Wines...
Now Cripps I feel like the last two haven't been the real winner.

Ollie Wines polled the most votes of any player ever. Was the clear best player in the team that finished 2nd in the regular season. Only had less than 25 touches in 1 game (with 24), Polled 30+ 14 times, polled 35+ 7 times. Wines and Boak polled more than any 2-player combo and Boak/Wines/Amon polled more than any 3-player combo so he had as many votes taken off him as anyone else. Was CLEARLY better than everyone in the competition bar Clayton Oliver which was a flip of the coin. Bontempelli had multiple games where he got reputation-based votes like a 3 voter in the game he broke the record for clangers and still lost. Most predictors had Wines winning except for the AFL one which had him getting about 8th (so clearly wrong).

You just sound like a Victorian w***er who doesn't actually watch the game.

I'm going to start an online petition to get this overturned.

How the * can the AFL get away with this?

The footage is clear that Cripps should have got 2 weeks minimum. I'll lodge a Freedom of Information request and get to the bottom of this. AFL is corrupt.

FFS. Stand up to the tyranny.
Can't even blame the AFL this time, their lawyer was trying to uphold the suspension and lost the case

The best comparison Collingwood player (from a statistical perspective) was Scott Pendlebury who had 9 less disposals than Cripps, 5 less clearances, 17 less contested possessions, 5 less i50s and 1 more tackle. Ginnivan was the only player on the ground. It's hard to mark an argument for any other player to deprive him of the 3 votes, let alone the 2 votes to draw with Neale.

Or dont look at stats and think about who shut down the Carlton forwards.

6 behinds in the final quarter to 5 goals.

Brayshaw had 25 and kicked 2 goals in the last round. Cripps would've got 6 votes for that.

Brayshaw was clear BOG for me in that game. Some weird voting in the last few rounds for all the leading players tbh.

It’s not as big a deal as someone who shouldn’t really have been eligible winning, but every year there are some things that make you laugh at how inept the voting is. This year I was bewildered by Oliver only getting one more vote than Petracca - Oliver clearly better across the year but Petracca somehow polls almost the same.

Laird not getting many votes in losses despite racking up numbers was also weird, when Cripps and to a lesser extent Miller seemed to only need to reach 30 disposals to guarantee votes.

Anyway, he’s a gun and probably deserved one at some point. I lost some money but it was a fun count so not too annoyed. Hope Bont can find some more consistent form and give it a crack next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The footage is clear that Cripps should have got 2 weeks minimum. I'll lodge a Freedom of Information request and get to the bottom of this. AFL is corrupt.

is this one of the greatest melts in bigfooty history? holy heck, actually nah this is copy pasta worthy to embarrass yourself :tearsofjoy:

Right there with you brother. I will not stand for this blatant crime against humanity

Seems like a lot of jealous people in here tonight. You lot aren't good enough to lick the s**t off his boots. Absolute beast and if you all grouped up to try and take him on I'd still have my money on him 1 v 1000.

indiana jones gun GIF

Such a great point - I’m sure they’re really hurting right now!

They missed out on making this years GF by 1 point but they don’t have a Brownlow medallist that’s never played in a final like you guys do!
While I appreciate the sarcasm for which this was intended i fear you dont realise how badly they take any carlton related success, the last time this happened Eddie McGuire didn't get out of bed for a week.

Brayshaw was clear BOG for me in that game. Some weird voting in the last few rounds for all the leading players tbh.

It’s not as big a deal as someone who shouldn’t really have been eligible winning, but every year there are some things that make you laugh at how inept the voting is. This year I was bewildered by Oliver only getting one more vote than Petracca - Oliver clearly better across the year but Petracca somehow polls almost the same.

Laird not getting many votes in losses despite racking up numbers was also weird, when Cripps and to a lesser extent Miller seemed to only need to reach 30 disposals to guarantee votes.

Anyway, he’s a gun and probably deserved one at some point. I lost some money but it was a fun count so not too annoyed. Hope Bont can find some more consistent form and give it a crack next year.
bont will win one at some point of his career way too good not to

After half time is when Carlton choked. Surely the 3 votes goes to someone who lifted their team up for the win.

There were so many baffling decisions throughout the year.
I don't know what game you were watching but Carlton were in all sorts of trouble at half time and were lead back into the game by a mammoth second half from Cripps and Cerra..

The best comparison Collingwood player (from a statistical perspective) was Scott Pendlebury who had 9 less disposals than Cripps, 5 less clearances, 17 less contested possessions, 5 less i50s and 1 more tackle. Ginnivan was the only player on the ground. It's hard to mark an argument for any other player to deprive him of the 3 votes, let alone the 2 votes to draw with Neale.
He was BOG by a mile.

I'm suggesting you couldn't resist having a little dig :D
Gotta call it as it is if you want to put his career into context. He's been a stalwart for Carlton.

Back