Traded Josh Dunkley - [Traded with F3 (Melb), F3 to Brisbane for #21, F1, F2, F4 (Geel)]

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't have the self-discipline not to attack other posters and derail the thread with crap every other time you post, thread bans will be applied.

Mods are not here to babysit.

Reporting bad posts instead of replying to them would also be extremely helpful if you wish to continue posting here.

Dogs in: Pick 21, Pick 22, F1 (Lions)
Dogs Out: Dunkley, F2, Pick 69

Bris In: Dunkley
Bris Out: F1, Pick 21, F2

Ess In: F2 (Dogs), F2 (Lions), Pick 69
Ess Out: Pick 22

C'mon, you can't just walk in and start robbing all F2s from everyone for a solitary pick 22 !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon would probably hold 22 the draft right? If the bid comes before it, then can then swing a trade for future pick/s.
I think we'll hold it and then potentially trade ahead of any bid with our F2.

Plus Dodoro has left the building so we won't be part of any more deals.

I would ask for 39 back but would do it without if it got the deal done, just get Dunkley in the door, he is exactly what we need.
We may have other picks to send back as well if Hunter leaves or we're involved in the Lobb/O'Meara deal

So the Dogs want the equivalent of pick 2 for an uncontracted player? I'd be willing to risk the draft rather than pay such massive overs.

So the Dogs want the equivalent of pick 2 for an uncontracted player? I'd be willing to risk the draft rather than pay such massive overs.
Except we all know draft points mean **** all in deals like this. Do you really think the picks 33-37 and 40-whatever you're using for Ashcroft are ACTUALLY the same as one player at pick 1?

And do what with our picks instead? Have them taken away matching bids. If anything this is the year we can overpay for a trade and not be too badly affected.

And do what with our picks instead? Have them taken away matching bids. If anything this is the year we can overpay for a trade and not be too badly affected.
We could easily trade down 21 for more points now and keep most of our picks in next years draft.

We could easily trade down 21 for more points now and keep most of our picks in next years draft.
Even if we keep our own picks for next year we'd still only have a future first and maybe a future second instead of having Dunkley, a gun inside mid that we've been wanting/needing for a couple seasons now.

Except we all know draft points mean * all in deals like this. Do you really think the picks 33-37 and 40-whatever you're using for Ashcroft are ACTUALLY the same as one player at pick 1?
I laughed at this.

I agree 100% with what you say, but I seem to recall getting hammered for saying this from dogs fans earlier in the week for suggesting that subtracting the points value of your potentially lost second rounder from a pick 15 or a 21 is a ridiculous argument. A first round pick is a first round pick.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back