List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginbey would have been nice. I reckon we were trying to get up the board to grab him.

What's the schedule for today's drafting? Daytime or tonight?

I know it's probably been said before, but I am still in awe over the machiavellian shenanigans from the Swans draft team. To damage Adelaide's draft hand - probably as payback for screwing us with the Dawson trade - by using the very pick we got from them for Dawson was so delicious. And then we give that pick away anyway lol. It also helps that the Adelaide player was rated so it was win/win for us.

I'm thinking that after so many drafts where we have out-thought the competition, the other clubs must be watching us very keenly on draft night to see what we will pull out of the hat. It is becoming quite entertaining.

I am guessing that one of the draft team (not necessarily KB) is some kind of an evil genius who enjoys 3D chess.

SYDNEY

Draft picks: 27, 40, 62

List needs: Key position depth, clearance midfielder, running defender

Who they took in first round: Jacob Konstanty (21)

Who’s in the mix after that: Harry Barnett, Lachie Cowan, Brayden George, Olli Hotton, Tom McCallum, Bailey Macdonald, Roan O’Hehir, Will Edwards (academy)

Dalrymple also spoke glowingly about Harry Barnett on The Drafts podcast, a ruckman he believes won’t take long to push for senior selection with his size. With the Swans moving back in the order to 27 after their shrewd move with the Hawks, he remains in the mix. Cowan, powerful forward Brayden George and Olli Hotton have also been linked and could be available. The Swans may be the club to pounce on backline bolter Bailey Macdonald at 42, while they have shown interest in Tom McCallum. Dalrymple said they would consider taking academy key defender Will Edwards as a Category B rookie. They have also reportedly been linked to South Fremantle prospect Roan O’Hehir as a later draft or rookie selection.

Do you guys wish we hadn't matched the Rowston bid? I wish we hadn't. Perhaps we can trade him to you in 2 years time.

We’d have been fine with him- bid was a free hit No risk of him going home

I think that ship has sailed. Plays a similar position to Konstanty and although he might switch to midfield it's not a given, just like a full recovery is not given. George would not be maximising draft capital IMO. We must go tall.

We will take 1 tall option just not sure it’s going to be 2. We don’t rate them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible performance from us last night. Based on our drafting strategy, we essentially landed pick 21 next year for free, and Konstanty looks like a fantastic pick-up.

We'll wait and see what we do tonight, but we are on-track for an A+ draft performance IMO.

Incredible performance from us last night. Based on our drafting strategy, we essentially landed pick 21 next year for free, and Konstanty looks like a fantastic pick-up.

We'll wait and see what we do tonight, but we are on-track for an A+ draft performance IMO.

With the added bonus of annoying GWS too! Plus taking their likely target at our next pick

As I noted previously, Sydney cannot get an A+.

That grade is reserved for Essendon.

Instead, we will be given a C- …. with an accompanying note that “Sydney upset rival clubs with their aggressive bidding strategy, but ultimately was prepared to move down the order with an eye towards the 2023 draft”.

As I noted previously, Sydney cannot get an A+.

That grade is reserved for Essendon.

Instead, we will be given a C- …. with an accompanying note that “Sydney upset rival clubs with their aggressive bidding strategy, but ultimately was prepared to move down the order with an eye towards the 2023 draft”.

And GWS will get an A despite their dumb trade with North. Come off it North we’re not taking a tall forward over Wardlaw/Sheezel. They are better talents. They could have kept 3, taken Cadman, still had their mid first (one from the Tarranto trade), taken whoever. Instead wasted a mid first for nothing and lost one last night through sheer dumbness

He's actually from Griffith not Sydney. And therein lies GWS's problem with their academy boys. Most are south of the Barassi line and feel more affinity with Melbourne than they do Sydney. "Go Home" factor is very real.

Well unless there’s a new team in Griffith there wasn’t any Ho home risk for us!

Today let's revel in the dastardly moves we put on GWS last night, but they'll remember this and we should expect payback in the coming years. I've always felt that there's been an unspoken pact between the 4 Northern Academy teams not to bid on each other's players early, but now that that compact has been broken by us last night, I expect sharpened knives at our throats especially from the Giants' end.

Today let's revel in the dastardly moves we put on GWS last night, but they'll remember this and we should expect payback in the coming years. I've always felt that there's been an unspoken pact between the 4 Northern Academy teams not to bid on each other's players early, but now that that compact has been broken by us last night, I expect sharpened knives at our throats especially from the Giants' end.
…. and it’s a problem, because GWS will always have earlier picks than us.

They bid on Nick Blakey though

The club just needs to fight fire with fire. With all these Vic kids claiming they will be sad if they move from home...we should start "hiding" academy kids more. Hold them out of national champs, reduce their games in the nab league. It's a risky strategy, but with the Intel we should have on them coming up in the academy, it's a calculated risk

Like that time in 2018 when GWS bid on Blakey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back