Prediction Who will be better in 2023, Collingwood or Fremantle

Who finishes higher

• Dockers

Votes: 38 51.4%
  • Pies

Votes: 36 48.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have seen both Freo and magpies draws.

Dockers fixture is brutal, but I expected that as they made finals and won a final In 2022.

The teams that they have twice is west coast (expected), cats, swans, Brisbane and gold coast.

Magpies draw isn't that bad

Dockers fixture is brutal, but I expected that as they made finals and won a final In 2022.

The teams that they have twice is west coast (expected), cats, swans, Brisbane and gold coast.

Pies have cats, brisbane, carlton, port and adelaide twice. So much of a muchness.
Port and adelaide should be better slightly overall then westcoast and goldcoast

Sydney should be slightly better then Carlton.

Who knows what will happen. Both Collingwood and Freo could bomb next year.

In that case I speak for most of Australia when I say go Freo!!!
Freo winning the flag is far more palatable thought and wouldn't leave a sour after taste in the mouth.

Pies have cats, brisbane, carlton, port and adelaide twice. So much of a muchness.
Port and adelaide should be better slightly overall then westcoast and goldcoast

Sydney should be slightly better then Carlton.

Who knows what will happen. Both Collingwood and Freo could bomb next year.
Collingwood have Freo once but it's at the MCG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On paper Freo, but Collingwood are a better coached and disciplined side.
As you would expect when the pies team on average is a year older and nearly 20 games per a player more experienced heading in to 2023.
Freo head in to 2023 16th ave games played 14th ave age.
Only hawks and north are less experience.

The double ups for Freo are Eagles, Cats, Lions, Dogs, Swans and Hawks.

Collingwood are Cats Lions 1st 2 same as Dockers then Blues, Bombers, Power and Crows

As you would expect when the pies team on average is a year older and nearly 20 games per a player more experienced heading in to 2023.
Freo head in to 2023 16th ave games played 14th ave age.
Only hawks and north are less experience.

Average age of a squad means little, you still have ample senior players on the list.

A side like the Hawks have the least number of 29+ year olds, 3 ( same as Carlton) going into next year.

Average age of a squad means little, you still have ample senior players on the list.

A side like the Hawks have the least number of 29+ year olds, 3 ( same as Carlton) going into next year.
Games played is more important.
Freo is 16th and if taberner Fyfe fail to stay fit and Hamling Wilson aren’t called upon like 2022 we will go close to the least experienced game day team in the league.
son son the only 29+ lacing up in 2023 that placed in our top 15 in the 2022 doig

Games played is more important.
Freo is 16th and if taberner Fyfe fail to stay fit and Hamling Wilson aren’t called upon like 2022 we will go close to the least experienced game day team in the league.
son son the only 29+ lacing up in 2023 that placed in our top 15 in the 2022 doig

Games played takes the average of every player, when you should be looking more at best 22

Losing the likes Mundy, Acres, and Lobb reduces your age and experience, so will be interesting to see how you cope next year

Games played takes the average of every player, when you should be looking more at best 22

Losing the likes Mundy, Acres, and Lobb reduces your age and experience, so will be interesting to see how you cope next year
Our best 22 this year was younger and less experienced the Roos when we played.
If our seniors are fine in 2023 we will do better than 2022.
Fyfe tabs omeara > Mundy lobb acres

Our best 22 this year was younger and less experienced the Roos when we played.
If our seniors are fine in 2023 we will do better than 2022.
Fyfe tabs omeara > Mundy lobb acres
Fyfe, Tabs, O'Meara are more injury prone, compared to those 3, plus losing other solid bodies in Logue and Tucker

Jackson is a great pick up

You have great youth coming through, but think you take a slight step back before coming again

Don't compare yourself to North and Hawks, they are at different stages of their builds

Fyfe, Tabs, O'Meara are more injury prone, compared to those 3, plus losing other solid bodies in Logue and Tucker

Jackson is a great pick up

You have great youth coming through, but think you take a slight step back before coming again

Don't compare yourself to North and Hawks, they are at different stages of their builds
Let’s put Mundy aside he’s a club legend and top 10 for games played in vfl/afl history.
I’m not dismissing the Fyfe and tabs are prone to injury but omeara has overcome his.
You’re showing recency bias regarding lobb and acres though Arrow.

Blake and lobb looked durable and dependable in 2022 Blake playing 20 of 24 and lobb playing 21 of 24.
In reality Blake’s played 120 of a possible 202 games in his career and this year was the first time he has hit the 20 game mark in his career.
Lobb has played 140 out of 204 and this year was the third time in 9 seasons to play 20+ games.
There is a reason they both cashed out at peak value.

Let’s put Mundy aside he’s a club legend and top 10 for games played in vfl/afl history.
I’m not dismissing the Fyfe and tabs are prone to injury but omeara has overcome his.
You’re showing recency bias regarding lobb and acres though Arrow.

Blake and lobb looked durable and dependable in 2022 Blake playing 20 of 24 and lobb playing 21 of 24.
In reality Blake’s played 120 of a possible 202 games in his career and this year was the first time he has hit the 20 game mark in his career.
Lobb has played 140 out of 204 and this year was the third time in 9 seasons to play 20+ games.
There is a reason they both cashed out at peak value.

Ronnie, the players you had on your list this year, Lobb, Logue, Acres, Mundy were all durable, experienced, talented players/contributors, nothing to do with previous years

Other remaining, more seniors players are less durable and or will start to decline.

Much of that is offset by an extra year of games into younger players

None of us know what that will look like next year, so we can make a case for either a slight +/- in terms of output in 2023

Back