MRP / Trib. Caminiti hit on Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

The vision of the incident was extremely poor due to KAYO's pathetic transmission. The only clear vision was of that hero Murphy gobbing off in the safety of the Pies bunker

I feel like it’s the definition of the phrase: “Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes”

Is Caminiti a bit unlucky that the bump/strike/whatever it was slipped high and hit an opponent who is more susceptible to concussion than the average afl player? Yes.

Should any of those circumstances affect the number of weeks he is suspended? No.

He chose to strike, he has to wear the consequences. You don’t get suspended if you don’t initiate contact.

Murphy comes out of this looking like a bit of a tool, but it’s inconsequential to what penalty Caminiti should receive

I feel like it’s the definition of the phrase: “Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes”

Is Caminiti a bit unlucky that the bump/strike/whatever it was slipped high and hit an opponent who is more susceptible to concussion than the average afl player? Yes.

Should any of those circumstances affect the number of weeks he is suspended? No.

He chose to strike, he has to wear the consequences. You don’t get suspended if you don’t initiate contact.

Murphy comes out of this looking like a bit of a tool, but it’s inconsequential to what penalty Caminiti should receive
Murphy comes out looking like the bully getting his comeuppance in the playground....who doesn't like that story.

Disagree. Off the ball so automatically intentional.

This should be 8 weeks. Sickening stuff.

An 8 week suspension would be more than the suspension Hall got for his hit on Staker and the same as the suspension Gaff got for his hit on Brayshaw.

This incident wasn't anywhere near as bad as either of them, even a 4 week suspension would be harsh, 2 or 3 weeks would be a much fairer outcome.

Even Nathan Buckley said a 2 week suspension would be a fair outcome and he is a Collingwood person so you can't accuse him of bias towards St Kilda.

An 8 week suspension would be more than the suspension Hall got for his hit on Staker and the same as the suspension Gaff got for his hit on Brayshaw.

This incident wasn't anywhere near as bad as either of them, even a 4 week suspension would be harsh, 2 or 3 weeks would be a much fairer outcome.

Even Nathan Buckley said a 2 week suspension would be a fair outcome and he's a Collingwood person so you can't accuse him of biased towards St Kilda.

We have to protect the head and punish dog coward king hits which concuss victims.

4 weeks for the punch and another 4 for the punch causing a concussion.

We have to protect the head and punish dog coward king hits which concuss victims.

This wasn't a dog coward king hit though, that was the Hall hit on Staker, this is not even in the same ballpark as that incident

This wasn't a dog coward king hit though, that was the Hall hit on Staker, this is not even in the same ballpark as that incident

I just hope this incident gives Caminiti pause to reflect on his actions and apologise to the victim collingwood player.

The afl does hence the 4+ week suspension
No, that's wrong. They're deterring intentionally hitting someone in the head and concussing them.

But that's not how most injuries actually occur. Most of these injuries occur through reckless acts that accidentally or incidentally connect with someone's head - yet the AFL won't deter them.

And this is why they keep happening.

So Murphy 4, and Cameneti 8?

I actually agree with this. If the AFL are fair dinkum about head injuries, they need to start with deterrents like this.

Your loss was 2 days ago now, 2010 was 13 years ago, time to stop melting and focus on the next round. Why let a bad tenant live in your head rent free?

For the record I agree that Caminiti most likely didn't intend to hit him high, but rules are rules and he will learn to aim lower and more carefully with any future retaliation. Worth 2 weeks off for mine, I imagine that the tribunal will be more harsh than that but who knows.
Nah, give him 4 plus. Would be worth it just for the melts from the intellectually challenged, knuckle dragging neanderthals in here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, but I think that bolded part can apply equally to Murphy's actions.

The strike didn't just slip up, he followed through upwards

4 weeks is fine, given the action and impact. However, the ridiculous gloss over of Murphy’s actions by the AFL says a lot. If he hadn’t provoked and instigated the contact, both players would be playing in the upcoming round. It doesn’t change the number of weeks associated with Caminiti’s suspension, but at least it goes some way to deterring inflammatory or provocative striking contact.

On a side note, if Adams misses any football for his "sling tackle" then the afl have officially lost the plot. Ross was not even slightly injured and seemed to drive his own head down to draw a free.

I noticed Mihocek also diving face first into the ground when being tackled to also get a free.

Buckley spoke very well about it on SEN today.

*Edit, just heard Merret got a week so Adams probably will too. Both ridiculously soft suspensions

For all the s**t canning St Kilda fans have given Murphy, it seems like some might show some appreciation his way for providing the saints with a victim statement.

Would only be doing that to help out Caminiti you’d think.

Even Nathan Buckley said a 2 week suspension would be a fair outcome and he is a Collingwood person so you can't accuse him of bias towards St Kilda.

He's trolling, just ignore him

For all the s**t canning St Kilda fans have given Murphy, it seems like some might show some appreciation his way for providing the saints with a victim statement.

Would only be doing that to help out Caminiti you’d think.

Murphy played juniors with Stocker and King, I'm sure they sent a few texts to ask him to go easy on Caminiti.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back