Autopsy Deja Voodoo - Clawed at the Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Deserved to lose by 150 only lost by 90 odd that’s a positive

On a serious note I thought Hayward was very good kicked 2 and could have had 3 if that umpire wasn’t blindsided.

Other players that did well Ladhams (in the ruck) and I thought Rowy did his role.

Ladhams is an easy target, but I thought he directly gave up at least 3 goals when we were still kind of in the game.

You really have to ask what the * was the coach doing going in with that set up?

Why on earth would you play Francis forward when we so clearly screwed down back?

I honestly think AFL coaches are thought of as strategic geniuses when most of them are just a bunch of dumb ex-footballers.

Just do the obvious, you frickin dumbass.

Something somewhere is wrong. Is it form? Is it age? Is it size? Is it structure? Is it coaching? But something is wrong. And it all starts in the middle.

In 3 losses this year, we were destroyed in contested ball. This exposes our (even when fully fit) undersized backline. And we get scored heavily against. Warner is hanging off the contest waiting for the loose ball like he plays for GWS. Rowbottom tackles but isn't getting the ball like he was in the latter half of last year. Mills should not have been playing in defense when we needed to win the midfield battle to help out defense.

This game needed to be a shootout for us to have any chance. Because once the ball hit our defensive 50, we were screwed. That was always going to happen. And we were taken apart in the mids. Again. This happened against Melbourne and Port. Melbourne a good midfield flogged us and Port a bad midfield beat us.

I hardly saw Lloyd and Florrent. Even when the ball was in defense our best movers of it didn't get it. Blakey had to defend cause we were injured.

Heeney pushed up and did some nice things. Wish McDonald got to do the same but was probably staying forward to hold structure. McLean couldn't take a mark though. We had no contested marking with the outlet kick when we even got one.

A really, really bad night for everyone all around. whatever is wrong needs to be fixed. And quickly. Cause we go to water in the middle way too easily. Either play someone in the mids who is prepared to get 30 touches and win contested ball or find a coach (mid or head) who will get the current players to.

We have the team to do it. We made a GF last year on the back of it. Look at what we did to Melbourne in the QF. What happened to that side?

Coach ****ed it to start

players had pea hearts

what more can you say, can sit here and whinge, side is shot this year unfortunately.

Dees and Cats showed we are middle of the road.

Good teams bully us

But we know this thread will go back and forth then the usual will say ohh everyone is melting its a young side and rinse and repeat. We go around in circles, none of have the answers, we all want the same thing,

Bring on Gws i guess

Ladhams is an easy target, but I thought he directly gave up at least 3 goals when we were still kind of in the game.

Made a few errors but in terms of tapwork he was good. Not his fault our mids would throw it to the opposition

The reality is this

franklin is better than mcdonald
hickey better than ladhams
rampe better than campbell
mccartin either better than blakey Gould
reid better then McLean.

the future is pretty bleak as three of those in the list above areon their last legs

and our midfield is horrible. Broken completely

heeney hasn’t played well since the h and a season last year.
pour wings who have been really good have been anonymous

the team is frankly rubbish currently which is partly due to what’s out but it’s worse than that as it’s likely to get worse before it gets better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly the way we play suits the Cats in particular. We give up a lot of space and seem to chasing…if our pressure drops we can’t compete against the big, physically, teams. A good patch before half time should have given some belief, just blown off the park. We need a big bodied mid as much as anything. We win next week no doubt, right now we are the Cats bunnies.

Gulden 11 disposals Rowbottom 10. Not close to enough from either of them given how much time they spent on ball.

People talk about Gulden as one of our very best playy, and although he will get thee he's not ready to play on ball.

Coach ****ed it to start

players had pea hearts

what more can you say, can sit here and whinge, side is shot this year unfortunately.

Dees and Cats showed we are middle of the road.

Good teams bully us

But we know this thread will go back and forth then the usual will say ohh everyone is melting its a young side and rinse and repeat.

Bring on Gws i guess

Writing was on the wall when we couldn’t belt a fairly mediocre Port side at home

Gulden 11 disposals Rowbottom 10. Not close to enough from either of them given how much time they spent on ball.

People talk about Gulden as one of our very best playy, and although he will get thee he's not ready to play on ball.
I think we miss Gulden on the outside but if he was playing as a receiver he wouldn't have got a touch tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back