Autopsy Deja Voodoo - Clawed at the Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Never looked like we were even close to being in it. It's going to be a long cold winter.

1st Qtr: 6.3.39 vs 2.0.12
2nd Qtr: 11.3.69 vs 5.4.34
3rd Qtr: 18.5.118 were 5.5.35
4th Qtr: we're all praying it doesn't it the 100 mark but not holding our beath.

Three points in a 2nd half of football be like...

train trainwreck GIF

This side capitulating three games in a row against top competition (Geelong GF, Melbourne Rnd 3, Geelong tonight) is an extremely worrying trend. The team loses all confidence and mentally capitulates.

James Rowbottom the only player who can really hold his head up high tonight, maybe Robbie Fox too. And somehow they both got smashed by their direct opponent anyway.

In the wilderness

Laughed at by the opponent, simple skills lacking, running into each other

I don't know what happens but I know the boys have the resources and leadership around them to show more. Nothing changes until they make the decision to be more. It's only 4 points today but what history will they write from here.

Hope it hurts

No backline.
A bunch of mids who are either overrated or out of form.
And atrocious delivery into the forwards.

Not a winner on the park as far as I saw.

Couldn't mark.
Couldn't hit targets.
Couldn't tackle.

As often happens on nights like this, Geelong couldn't miss.

We have a lot to do to rebuild our season after a night like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This side capitulating three games in a row against top competition (Geelong GF, Melbourne Rnd 3, Geelong tonight) is an extremely worrying trend. The team loses all confidence and mentally capitulates.

James Rowbottom the only player who can really hold his head up high tonight, maybe Robbie Fox too. And somehow they both got smashed by their direct opponent anyway.

two blokes who’s job was to negate and they couldn’t even do that.

the best that can be said is they didn’t stop trying

Good luck finding anything positive out of that.

Deserved to lose by 150 only lost by 90 odd that’s a positive

On a serious note I thought Hayward was very good kicked 2 and could have had 3 if that umpire wasn’t blindsided.

Other players that did well Ladhams (in the ruck) and I thought Rowy did his role.

Just in genuine shock. Will take a while to reassess.

No intensity around the ball, poor method in the forward half. Ball skills were uncharacteristic and poor.

-60 Uncontested possessions and giving up 22 marks inside 50 translates to game over anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back