Review Round 12, 2023 vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not against putting the cue in the rack and all that, but that was ridiculous. Every single player dropped about 25% in intensity. Ugly stuff

Back in 02 and 03 we were guilty of putting the cue in the rack. I honestly believe it was a factor to us choking in those finals series.

It looked more of a we absolutely ran ourselves into the ground first half rather than just not trying or being awful by coaching design in the second half.

We ran and pressured so ******* much in the first half, yes we probably over cooked it (very evidently actually looking at the players unable to keep up with the Hawks in the second half) but do you go slower to conserve energy and be up 30 odd less at half time… or do you put absolutely everything in and be up by 80 odd knowing the games done?

Given the choice of the two I put them away in the first half even if it does mean it’ll cook your players energy wise in the second half..which it clearly did to anyone watching the game.

Would have happily taken a 10 goal win before the start, but walked away from that game feeling pissed off..

watched our % drop from over 121 to 116, just careless footy In the last half.. Hollywood style footy.

realised lord can’t ruck and neither can finalyson.

Not sure about sinn either. Only 50 mins of footy but didn’t like what I saw.

who would have thought lycett would become our most important player

must play Hayes full time ruck tomorrow, black line through his name or not, just give him the reins tomorrow we need him in some sort of rucking form, give him a mini preseason, whatever it takes we need a backup plan.

You only get 100+ point wins when the other side is completely uncompetitive. Hawthorn is not an uncompetitive side - that first half was more about how ruthless our pressure was. If you seriously thought we would keep that up in a game that we had already won by half time then you're being unrealistic...especially when after the game Houston was saying that a number of the players were cramping due to the heat etc.

We improved our goals per inside 50 from 22.47% to 23.5%. Always a good thing.

Need Dixon and Boak back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually you know what. I'm done

You lot are the most embarrassing port supporters I have ever come across.

You all don't deserve to celebrate any success we have in the future.

Get stuffed

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Lol at everyone blaming Ken for the 2nd half when they have given him zero credit for all the wins.

Either he is responsible for all, or for nothing. You can't give credit to carr for the good and blame Ken for the bad.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hinkley has been fellated by all and sundry in the media, at the club and by a part of the supporter base for the turn around in form from his team's terrible season start. He is paid north of $500,000 per year for his position. He can cop some blame for a poor performance.

If it's all too unfair for dear Hinky he can duly heck off.

Several times when Port were running hot, the flat battery sign went up from our bench. And Port seemed to bottle it up.

Does anyone know what that sign means?

There is no doubt that the second half relapse was not planned. But something tells me that the coaching bench were not at all keen for us to keep the foot flat to metal for a huge % win.

Keeping some powder in the barrel for tough games coming up against Bulldogs, Collingwood and the away showdown?

Wishful thinking perhaps. But I reckon we take the big win and focus on what's ahead.

Checked scores bit earlier and it was Cool 47 Wce 3. It's now 15 points difference. It happens all the time. Flat disappointing 2nd half but there's still plenty to be happy about surely

We're 1 game clear of Brisbane really, and we lose and they jump us because of the percentage we blew today
Even if we had today as a game that jumped us up to 125%, Brisbane still have games against Hawthorn and West Coast to come.

The only way we stay ahead of Brisbane and Melbourne is winning more games than them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back